Berlin Cinemaxx:
    20:30: 8 seats left, right out at the edges of the front rows
    20:40: booked solid
    23:00: just added, plenty of room at the moment
  • TEDRTEDR Posts: 3,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JEFF62 wrote: »
    Why are the screenings at 7.30pm? Surely it will be on earlier than that. I dont think an episode of DW has ever started as late as 7.30.

In the US, at least here in PST, the time given is 11:50, or 19:50 in GMT — on the 23rd the screening is scheduled to being 17 minutes from now.

My guess is they'd prefer to push Strictly earlier than later because of the two it's the least like evening material, and if something has to clash with the X Factor then a very special edition of Doctor Who is a better bet than a routine episode of Strictly.
  • AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    I am currently in the process of moving from one town to another... both fairly large, and both with a cinema. Neither are showing it :p

Still, would rather be at home given 3D makes me feel queasy and it's likely to be filled with over-exciteable Daleklings, uh, I mean children :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    How do you simulcast in cinemas? Would the beeb provide a film or e-copy in what advance of the screening? Can we expect "leaks" in the run up to 23rd Nov?
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    foamasi wrote: »
    How do you simulcast in cinemas? Would the beeb provide a film or e-copy in what advance of the screening? Can we expect "leaks" in the run up to 23rd Nov?

You can sent it on a hard drive that won't play till the specified hour apparently.

It isn't a simulcast per say, not like the ones the National Theatre do, the bbfc have already seen the copy of Day that's playing in cinemas. http://www.bbfc.co.uk/releases/doctor-who-day-doctor-film
  • f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My local cinema have now opened a 3rd showing, this time at 9.30pm.

It'll end up a full blown multi-time release at this rate.

I reckon the initial public response to this will be pleasantly surprising to the DW team.
  • Sara_PeplowSara_Peplow Posts: 1,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haverhill cineworld going early with my fiance to make sure we get a good seat. Expect it will be busy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 191
    Forum Member
    Official start time for main feature is 7.50pm here.