Options

Make America great again!

Comments

• Options
    SuperwombleSuperwomble Posts: 4,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    andykn wrote: »
    By what measure of "great" do you think the US has declined and how do you think Trump will reverse that?

Ive asked that question 3 times so far and nobody has answered it or even replied to it.

Perhaps Sun Tzu could enlighten us by giving us an appraisal of an "improved America", maybe 3 years into a Trump presidency. I wont be holding my breath though.
  • Options
    nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    That hasn't stopped them in the past, they did vote in George W Bush twice.

This is the big problem, with US politics. While there are millions of voters who do understand the risk of xenophobic idiots like Trump, chimps such as Bush, or zealots such as Cruz, there are an equal number who revel in their ignorance and like nothing better than the idea of a president who 'kicks ass' . I have no doubt that they'll be right behind such an oaf, right up until the day after he tries it with North Korea or Putin, and American finds itself getting a kicking.
  • Options
    GTR DavoGTR Davo Posts: 4,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andrew1954 wrote: »
    What I can't understand is why anyone would want that singularly unpleasant obnoxious loudmouthed idiotic half wit Trump as president.

I share that same thought regarding Corbyn yet there always seems to be a mindless few who would want him as PM.
  • Options
    Andrew1954Andrew1954 Posts: 5,448
    Forum Member
    GTR Davo wrote: »
    I share that same thought regarding Corbyn yet there always seems to be a mindless few who would want him as PM.
    ok are we talking about the same thing? I'm saying that I find Trump repellent as a human being, irrespective of his political views. I can understand that that some people will agree with Trump's views. Similarly with Corbyn. I don't happen to agree with Corbyn either, but I don't find him a repellent individual. In fact he strikes me as being quite personable. I'm quite surprised to find myself airing this view. I would normally avoid personal remarks about politicians. But I find Trump's strident manner so repugnant and him personally such a physically repulsive individual. But there's no accounting for taste is there! :)
  • Options
    andyknandykn Posts: 66,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You think Corbyn is a loudmouth? You are odd.
  • Options
    Clarisse76Clarisse76 Posts: 5,566
    Forum Member
    What I can't understand is why anyone would want that singularly unpleasant obnoxious loudmouthed idiotic half wit Trump as president.
    Consistency?
  • Options
    jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Republicans lost the last election because too many turned away from racist and xenophobic nationalism of the Tea Party.

I would hope that the Americans would reject Trump for the same reasons.

They would have a better chance with a more moderate candidate.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You think Corbyn is a loudmouth? You are odd.

No. I think he would make a terrible PM as you most likely think Trump would make a terrible President.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ok are we talking about the same thing? I'm saying that I find Trump repellent as a human being, irrespective of his political views. I can understand that that some people will agree with Trump's views. Similarly with Corbyn. I don't happen to agree with Corbyn either, but I don't find him a repellent individual. In fact he strikes me as being quite personable. I'm quite surprised to find myself airing this view. I would normally avoid personal remarks about politicians. But I find Trump's strident manner so repugnant and him personally such a physically repulsive individual. But there's no accounting for taste is there! :)

On a personal note as you are describing, everyone deserves a second chance do they not? :)
  • Options
    Peter_GibbinsPeter_Gibbins Posts: 713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the counter argument to all of this..... does America really want Hilary Clinton in office?

for every person deriding Trump or saying he can't make it, there is another person saying "ANYONE BUT HER!!"

the choice on the day will literally be which is the lesser of the two evils
  • Options
    Peter_GibbinsPeter_Gibbins Posts: 713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    and to clarify that last statement - I'm not saying Clinton is evil, but an awful lot of Americans do not like her, and see her policies as the reverse of what they want for their country

unlike the British election, it literally is a two-horse race for the seat in the White House, and if enough people think she would ruin their dreams, they'll vote for the opposition regardless of whoever that person is! even if it was Ronald McDonald, he'd still get a fair shot because a lot of Americans don't like Hilary (hence Trump's popularity amongst them)

I also think it's a case of Trump being one of the only people to call a spade a spade - a lot of Americans are bothered about terrorism and immigration, yet he's one of the only politicians directly discussing their "concerns" in much the same way that Farage became popular here before the last GE - the public like to listen to people who talk directly to them, about their concerns.... if Clinton isn't, or she seems like she will ignore them, people will head towards Trump
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No. I think he would make a terrible PM as you most likely think Trump would make a terrible President.

But that's not what you said at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On a personal note as you are describing, everyone deserves a second chance do they not? :)

Only if they indicate they have acknowledged the error of their ways the first time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Trump wouldn't get a first chance left to me! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know what Trump's foreign policies will be? Apart from kicking ISIS' ass I can't work out what it is. He seems to have missed it off his website ... oh, except being tough in negotiations with China.
  • Options
    Jellied EelJellied Eel Posts: 33,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MARTYM8 wrote: »
    The one benefit of Trump being elected is that all the po faced PC Guardianistas will probably have a collective seizure and self combust with outrage.:D

And the sound of liberal Demcrats heads popping inside the beltway will make Washington sound like the 4th of July.
    Think of the glamour Melania and Ivanka Trump would bring to the White House.

I'm asuming you mean glamour in a Liberace way? And by executive order, it'll become the Trump House.
    It's not personal it's just politics!

Indeed. And amusing seeing the reaction from the lefty side of the media, realising they may have to choose between the lesser evil. Trump or Clinton..
  • Options
    BanglaRoadBanglaRoad Posts: 57,590
    Forum Member
    How to make America great again? No idea but I do know it would be great for a lot of Americans if the cops stopped shooting unarmed people and that serious gun controls were introduced.
    Oh and America could help pay for locating and removing the tens of thousands of their unexploded bombs that they dropped on Cambodia which are still killing and maiming children over forty years later.
  • Options
    MoonbeanMoonbean Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the us would be a laughing stock if he was elected.

This. He is an embarrassment.
  • Options
    Sky_GuySky_Guy Posts: 6,859
    Forum Member
    Moonbean wrote: »
    This. He is an embarrassment.

They said that about Bush, and that Regan could never be president as an actor, they were wrong both times.
  • Options
    AliU2maniacAliU2maniac Posts: 1,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No idea but I do know it would be great for a lot of Americans if the cops stopped shooting unarmed people and that serious gun controls were introduced

It would be great if black people would stop shooting each other each and every single day then the cops wouldn't have to go into DemoKrat run cities like Chicago, Detroit, New York & Baltimore, risking their own lives in the process, where most of the government representatives are black, most of the city officials and police chiefs are black and gun control is very, very strict. Funny how Black Lives only seem to matter when a white cop is involved.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiAwdidqfDKAhVjgXIKHQR2BecQFgglMAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fheyjackass.com%2F&usg=AFQjCNFtcx3cdy3e1Zk_R6Om4y1d4vnvOQ&sig2=RCxEJPSz7luXDv4V0Jf0fQ
  • Options
    Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    By what measure of "great" do you think the US has declined and how do you think Trump will reverse that?
    The days when America was the top nation in the world and wasn't to be messed with. Now they have a weak leader who just bends over to Iran and China.
  • Options
    jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the counter argument to all of this..... does America really want Hilary Clinton in office?

for every person deriding Trump or saying he can't make it, there is another person saying "ANYONE BUT HER!!"

the choice on the day will literally be which is the lesser of the two evils

Hilary lost the NH primary.

Bernie Sanders may be the Democratic candidate.
  • Options
    Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jcafcw wrote: »
    The Republicans lost the last election because too many turned away from racist and xenophobic nationalism of the Tea Party.

I would hope that the Americans would reject Trump for the same reasons.

They would have a better chance with a more moderate candidate.
    The Republicans didn't have Donald Trump running.

His rallies attract huge numbers and the next Primary is South Carolina, the birth place of true Americans.
  • Options
    Jellied EelJellied Eel Posts: 33,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sun Tzu. wrote: »
    His rallies attract huge numbers and the next Primary is South Carolina, the birth place of true Americans.

I think the world run by pantywaisted Liberals is starting to get fed up with being run by pantywaisted Liberals. It's time to take that great American, Mark Twain's advice and bar anyone who plays golf from public office.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sun Tzu. wrote: »
    The days when America was the top nation in the world and wasn't to be messed with. Now they have a weak leader who just bends over to Iran and China.

They are still the top nation in the world.

Neither China nor Iran are messing with them.

Now, do you have anything Trump might do for the US? Apart from risk the 80 plus billion dollars of exports the US makes to China, that is?