Options

Heat named worst mag

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 359
Forum Member
You have to laugh.
This site has done a real stitch-up job on Heat mag.
Like the good old days of the Sun v Mirror wars when Piers was there.

http://thedailygoss.com/gossip/heat-is-officially-named-as-the-worst-magazine/0002669/

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    No great surprise there. I stopped buying it years ago when their idea of news was z list celebs picking up dog shite.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to love Heat - I have gone off it of late. I am not sure if it has changed or if my tastes have changed?
  • Options
    ravensboroughravensborough Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    In the beginning, Heat was fantastic - sharp, funny, sarcastic and with plenty of bite. But when they stopped writing about real celebs and concentrating on the likes of Jordan et al, it really went to the dogs!
  • Options
    UltraVioletUltraViolet Posts: 7,673
    Forum Member
    The only time I've read Heat is when I went through a mood one day and just bought a load of crap magazines at once to look through...

Haven't bought this type of magazine since.
  • Options
    NailzNailz Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Natalie99 wrote: »
    No great surprise there. I stopped buying it years ago when their idea of news was z list celebs picking up dog shite.

Same here. When it first came out it was a good alternative to the weekly TV Guides and also had film and music reviews. But it is a waste of paper these days and I groan to myself when I see people buying it in the supermarket.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's a worst magazine award?

That must be the most hotly contested award there is.
  • Options
    ameredithameredith Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to see people in Whsmiths picking this up every week but now I see they are picking up Star instead. Much better magazine.
  • Options
    fitnessqueenfitnessqueen Posts: 5,185
    Forum Member
    I went to the beach yesterday and one of my friends had Heat magazine so I had a look through. Fat/skinny celebs, Big Brother 2009 and lots of in-jokes. Reminded me of why I stopped buying it a couple of years ago.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I went to the beach yesterday and one of my friends had Heat magazine so I had a look through. Fat/skinny celebs, Big Brother 2009 and lots of in-jokes. Reminded me of why I stopped buying it a couple of years ago.

Absolutely agree. I remember when it was quite bright and irreverent.

Tragically the 'celebs get fat/celebs get skinny' stuff must sell very well, because they have started having this on the cover almost every week. Notice how the same few names appear over and over again. I mean, how often has a 'when cosmetic surgery goes wrong' article been illustrated with the same photograph of someone called Jocelyn Wildenstein, who is only known for being a mentally ill woman who ruined her looks?
  • Options
    sHaKsHaK Posts: 2,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed it was good in tbe beginning but then it started focusing on pathetic WAG-type girls as their target market and thus went to the dogs.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the novelty has worn off as far as Heat is concerned. The content has become tedious and so many other mags and even papers are printing similar stuff.
  • Options
    puppetangelpuppetangel Posts: 2,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I stopped about 3 years ago when they started filling the pages with large pictures instead of actual gossip or articles as well as their obsession on Big Brother. Used to buy it weekly but i wont even read it now if given to me for free.
  • Options
    Wolfie SmithWolfie Smith Posts: 5,531
    Forum Member
    Surely the worst magazine is Love It!
  • Options
    pierre_gustavepierre_gustave Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heat is a magazine about nonentities whose readership consists of numpties.
  • Options
    GabriellaGabriella Posts: 997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to buy it a few years back, but it became obsessed with fashion and weight which I find v boring. They keep going on about being a healthy weight, then lay in to celebs who put on a tiny bit of weight. Also the celebs in it are mostly reality rubbish, doubt bigger stars want to be in that mag anymore. The joke they did about Jordan's son was disgusting.
  • Options
    TerualTerual Posts: 388
    Forum Member
    I think its rubbish as well. There is a bit in it where people write in to say who and where they have spotted celebs. I have never heard of 90% of these people!

I work aboard trains so get to know what people read, and sadly they read Heat in large numbers.
  • Options
    TerualTerual Posts: 388
    Forum Member
    Heat ...... Loo reading for girls
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I used to buy it every week but Im not going to now because they said Pete Docherty was seperated at birth from Betty Boop

She is like my hero and it really pissed me off!! So no more for me - I shall buy Glamour