Options

Camilla IS leaving (Merged)

Comments

• Options
    moonbabymoonbaby Posts: 2,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope Ian doesn't leave as well. But he might do if Camilla is going. That rules out any really tall female celebs taking part if thats the case:(

I get the impression that some of the pro's are not happy with where the show is going. I think a few more will leave of their own accord soon sadly:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    katie_p wrote: »
    I think that is something good to come from this, hopefully if a few do leave by choice it will mean no forced departures. I can't see the BBC taking the risk of getting rid of all the existing pros, and realistically they'd have a tough job replacing the whole lot without reducing the quality of the pro line-up. In fact I think the standard of most of our pros sets Strictly apart from some of the overseas versions- I think A&E, the Jordans and Hayley aren't in the league of the rest though.

Tess came back mid-season in series two once she'd had her baby and recovered, I don't think she would not present series seven just for that reason. If anything she needs to keep her face on TV to make sure the work keeps coming in, and Strictly is a huge thing to walk away from.

I also think Camilla can't really be a judge as long as certain of the pros are still in it, especially Ian. However she marks him will be scrutinised, and she is also very close to Lilia and Flavia according to an interview she did a while back. I don't fancy the controversy that would come with that... and if we were going to go down that road, Karen has much better judging credentials, and appears to be less closely tied to any of the existing pros.

I agree about Karen's judging credentials as opposed to Camilla's, but Karen has not - as yet - said she is not going to be dancing on the next series. And I genuinely think it will add interest and freshness to the current panel to have a well known professional as a judge.

But I can see your point about potential problems given Camilla's prior relationship to some of the other dancers on the show... there's no reason to assume that she would be incapable of judging and commenting without bias, but I can imagine that enough people would be all too ready to cry foul if her criticisms or marks were affecting their favourites.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 427
    Forum Member
    If she has just confirmed it - good, I will not be sorry to see her go. (Please stay, Ian, though)

Don't forget, Camilla, far from almost wrecking your chances, the voting fiasco you are criticising actually gave you the glitterball.

Completely agree. I feel dreadfully sorry for Vincent because he should have been holding th glitterball. Camilla & Tom should have been in the dance off against Lisa, there was no guarantee that Lisa would go through just because she scored higher in the first round.
    If the voting was good enough for everyone else it's good enough for her.
  • Options
    Kez100Kez100 Posts: 3,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it says a great deal about the inability of the shows producers to hold together a great format.

Good luck to her in whatever she does.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its starting already :rolleyes:.

The Semi-Finale business. Honestly, it's over and done with.
  • Options
    SideshowStuSideshowStu Posts: 11,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whatever Camilla's 'credentials' to judge on Strictly I can't help feeling they'd stand up to scrutiny at least as well as the current four judges...Although I recognize that isn't saying much :)
  • Options
    BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some people are so bitter and twisted.

It was not Camilla's (or Tom's) fault that the voting process was faulty. Nor is it her fault the public voted for her and Tom and not Rachel and Vincent or Lisa and Brendan.

I'm sure she has thanked her lucky stars a thousand times for the lucky break that got them into the final, but the result can't be changed now and there is always a loser in any competition.

The public will remember Tom and Camilla's show dance for a long time as one of the few good things about the last series of SCD.

If you are glad she is leaving then fair enough, but why some people have to make personal remarks as well?
  • Options
    soulmate61soulmate61 Posts: 6,176
    Forum Member
    cutekookie wrote: »

She was all manic grins, limbs flying everywhere and a ragdoll quality that I never appreciated.
    As for manic grins, Karen's gurning frightens me more, and Tom can out-gurn the lot.

Camilla is thinnest of all the pro dancers, nearly skin and bones. Perhaps this is the reason why she does not expose herself like Ola does. Clothing would hang slightly loose on Camilla, I think this is where cutekookie gets the impression of flying limbs and ragdoll.

Some like a slim blonde, others like more meat as with Kristina, I am fairly open-minded. 5-11 Gethin and 6-foot Tom both had reason to be grateful when they lifted 5-5 waifer-thin Camilla to sit in an airplane on their shoulders. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cutekookie wrote: »
    Why is it "useless"? because you don't agree with it?! - the merit of my opinion is thankfully not up to you... if nothing else start taking your own advice...:)

:yawn:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If she has just confirmed it - good, I will not be sorry to see her go. (Please stay, Ian, though)

And after criticising the show she now wants to be on the judging panel????

Don't forget, Camilla, far from almost wrecking your chances, the voting fiasco you are criticising actually gave you the glitterball.
    BilliY wrote: »
    Completely agree. I feel dreadfully sorry for Vincent because he should have been holding th glitterball. Camilla & Tom should have been in the dance off against Lisa, there was no guarantee that Lisa would go through just because she scored higher in the first round.
    If the voting was good enough for everyone else it's good enough for her.

So you guys seriously think that the public should have been denied the chance to save Tom & Camilla because of the way the judges scoreboard ended up in the semifinal? You think that it's OK that a show that always depends on a 50/50 split between public and judges vote until the final should suddenly by a quirk of fate and lack of adequate contingency planning be able to render the public vote completely meaningless for one of the competing couples? :confused::confused:

I stand to be corrected, but wasn't it the public vote that gave Tom and Camilla the glitterball... despite, not because of, the 'voting fiasco'
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see Camilla's weight has also been brought into the discussion :sleep:.
  • Options
    soulmate61soulmate61 Posts: 6,176
    Forum Member

It was not Camilla's (or Tom's) fault that the voting process was faulty. Nor is it her fault the public voted for her and Tom and not Rachel and Vincent or Lisa and Brendan.

I'm sure she has thanked her lucky stars a thousand times for the lucky break that got them into the final, but the result can't be changed now and there is always a loser in any competition.

The public will remember Tom and Camilla's show dance for a long time as one of the few good things about the last series of SCD.

I call it divine intervention - the only conceivable way for Tom to go through on the day. :D Without the sensation of 331-gate many would not have bothered to watch a stiflingly boring Final, and we would never have seen the Showdance which will go down in Strictly annals.

So out of something bad has come something good. If the gods have taken a hand, lets accept the result. :)

Rachel and Lisa had 5 dance-offs between them. The way the public consistently refused to back them, they could easily have met each other in one dance-off, and then one of them would have been finito. There is always an element of uncontrollable uncertainty, but the Showdance proved Tom and Camilla could do it if given a chance, fallible flesh and blood and all. :D
  • Options
    footygirlfootygirl Posts: 35,214
    Forum Member
    PM for you Soulmate:)
  • Options
    SideshowStuSideshowStu Posts: 11,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was almost poetical soulmate61 :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see Camilla's weight has also been brought into the discussion :sleep:.

I think it's called jelousy. :rolleyes:

:mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Indeed :sleep:.
  • Options
    Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I would call it more desperation..

On forums, if people are ever in doubt about what to say, hey presto, lets criticise appearence.

Sad isnt it :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not glad Camilla is going but I am glad it was her own decision. Some pros have left the show through not being asked back and surely to say "No I've had enough" is a better thing.

I will miss watching her on TV purely for her choreography she has made some great and different routines over the 6 series she's done and thats something she should be remembered for and not issues like her weight and voting fiasco's.

I'm looking forward to seeing what she does next. I think she's be a good judge for Strictly but as people have said I think she'd also be heavily scrutinised due to being on the show and friends with the professional dancers. If the BBC wanted to use a dancer they'd be best off using one from another version of Strictly in another country.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a shame :(
    Suppose shes leaving on a high, and a wish her the very best :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 427
    Forum Member
    So you guys seriously think that the public should have been denied the chance to save Tom & Camilla because of the way the judges scoreboard ended up in the semifinal? You think that it's OK that a show that always depends on a 50/50 split between public and judges vote until the final should suddenly by a quirk of fate and lack of adequate contingency planning be able to render the public vote completely meaningless for one of the competing couples? :confused::confused:

I stand to be corrected, but wasn't it the public vote that gave Tom and Camilla the glitterball... despite, not because of, the 'voting fiasco'

Their performence on the night was the poorest of the three. If they had upped their game they may well have suceeded in the dance off.
    If it's simply a popularity contest why should any of the contestants put the effort in throughout the series, they may as well just turn up & talk about how they postponed their honeymoon for SCD.
    I thinkit's a very poor show of camilla to criticise a fiasco that led to her having the opprtunity to compete in the final. No professional dancer is bigger than the show.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BilliY wrote: »
    Their performence on the night was the poorest of the three. If they had upped their game they may well have suceeded in the dance off.
    If it's simply a popularity contest why should any of the contestants put the effort in throughout the series, they may as well just turn up & talk about how they postponed their honeymoon for SCD.
    I thinkit's a very poor show of camilla to criticise a fiasco that led to her having the opprtunity to compete in the final. No professional dancer is bigger than the show.

In all fairness Tom was not the only celeb to prospone his honeymoon, Rachel took advantage of that point as much as she possibly could aswell and if it gets people talking and voting then good on them because its an entertainment show; and they are always based on who's popular.
  • Options
    katie_pkatie_p Posts: 10,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    footygirl wrote: »
    Guys

I saw Camilla on SFTW earlier today and she said she will not be doing strictly as a dancer.

That tells me she is still with the show- but in a different capacity.

She was asked if she was becoming a judge- and Camilla didn't say yes or no to that

But don't forget that if Bruce goes Tess has said she'll go too.

So if not a judge Camilla could be lined up to replace Tess.

I don't think we have seen the last of her
    I think the only thing it tells anyone is that she WANTS to be with the show in a different capacity- she said in NOTW that she would consider going back as a judge, so it sounds like she's just putting the message out that she'd do it if asked.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was so shocked to hear that Camilla wasn't doing SCD next year. It will be strange as she is kind of part of it..... but I hope we do still see her with the champions dance at the beginning of next series.
  • Options
    bingomanbingoman Posts: 23,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sad to hear Camilla is leaving Strictly,shame she won't be able to defend her title next year:eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :(Only just came across this thread...I am really upset to hear this news, I really like Camilla. Her and Ian are my favourites professional dancers. However I am really glad it was her own decision and she is leaving on a high note :)

As a massive massive fan of Ian, I just hope that doesnt mean he has to leave as well, although it'll be a shame to not see him dancing with Camilla anymore. x