Carol/Connor relationship is getting tiresome

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,283
Forum Member
Isn't this getting a bit too annoying a storyline by now? Seriously, it's one of the worst relationships and story lines I've seen on Eastenders for years. No one cares about either of them, it's pointless and for ''fill time'' it really is atrocious. Surely they could use something else to fill up the rest of the episode than them? I'm sick of them. Their relationship disgusts me if I'm honest.

Comments

• Sparklyblue171Sparklyblue171 Posts: 3,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hate it.
  • Ederrin gracieEderrin gracie Posts: 433
    Forum Member
    not nearly as tiresome as all these hae threads, we get it your not a fan but did u need to make a new thread about it? just use the search function and merge this with the others already :yawn:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Creepy Connor and Desperate Carol, make cringeworthy viewing.
  • stormin normstormin norm Posts: 5,312
    Forum Member
    I don't actually mind this storyline :o

I find the character of Carol interesting. I don't like Connor but it does appear that he has genuine feelings for Carol.
  • polkadottydresspolkadottydress Posts: 2,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't actually mind this storyline :o

I find the character of Carol interesting. I don't like Connor but it does appear that he has genuine feelings for Carol.

i feel the same, there's been worse storylines to be fair.
  • missyaliciamissyalicia Posts: 2,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i like it because it's different.
  • Jason,Jason, Posts: 366
    Forum Member
    This is the only thing letting EE down at the moment. Everything else is so great except this.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Getting' tiresome? It's never been anything but tiresome...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its only a means to another of Kirkwood`s dramas.
    As I said in a post weeks ago EE is more like Law and Order these days except that in that the right people pay for the crimes they commit.
  • Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge Posts: 16,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Creepy Connor and Desperate Carol, make cringeworthy viewing.

*Ahem* it's actually Stud Connor and Sexy Carol. I love the chemistry between them and their steamy scenes are very exciting.
    Not.
    It's disgusting! Especially as she's meant to have known him since he was a very young lad (while she was still old). Yuck. I'd rather watch Pat and Patrick at it. Euuugh.
  • Charcole911Charcole911 Posts: 6,353
    Forum Member
    I disagree. EE is meant to show a variety of relationships. Its not that different to Irene and Troy, or Leon and Gelinda, or Maralyn and Donald Fisher. They're in love as opposed to just sex.

Its also soaps first family friend / step nana / step grand daughter love triange
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    Id rather conner and carol got it on than manky whitney and conner.
  • ahrimaniacahrimaniac Posts: 981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's got a face like a boiled ham and he's a moron.
  • RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tell me about it. Watching them actually gets me rather annoyed because it feels so forced and unnatural. I can't fault the actors, they are both decent but the character of Connor is dire.
  • -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just can't bring myself to care about them (which is never a good sign).
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's a real disgrace to Lindsey Coulson that they are giving her such a dire storyline. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,005
    Forum Member
    I want to cringe when I see him and them together. Another stupid idea of the writers. There is zero chemistry between them to start off with, totally unbelievable. Let Carol have her dignity back please.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kyle123 wrote: »
    I think it's a real disgrace to Lindsey Coulson that they are giving her such a dire storyline. :(

Exactly they should be utilising her acting skills for something better!

This storyline is just repulsive either they ive connor a much better story (one that dosnt involve him taking his clothes of) or just smply get rid of him!
  • SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -Sid- wrote: »
    I just can't bring myself to care about them (which is never a good sign).
    Me neither. I feel like hitting the FF button every time they appear on screen.
    Kyle123 wrote: »
    Agreed. Surely they could've thought up something better for her, post-Billie than this?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    I can't understand why everyone is complaining about this storyline - it's one of the best things happening in EE at the moment - other than that they have the utterly horrible events of Kat and Ronnie - is Ronnie EVER going to get a storyline where she doesn't have to act like a miserable cow??

I don't like Connor, but you're not meant to and I think both he and Carol are acting the whole thing very well. I think it's an interesting storyline anyway as there are always storylines with the older man and younger women, it's good to see it the other way round. They're a cute couple, they have a chemistry but it's obviously not going to have a future. In the last week this has had almost zero airtime either so I don't know why everyone is moaning so much!

I totally agree that they should stop asking him to talk his shirt off in EVERY scene mind... I mean don't get me wrong, he's gorgeous, but it's pretty cringe worthy!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    :yawn:

very tiresome..Hope it don't drag on any longer :(
  • JamieRoss1988JamieRoss1988 Posts: 1,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope it's over soon and Carol is given something better to do
  • walford-e20walford-e20 Posts: 6,554
    Forum Member
    I cared about Carol after Billie died, and I understood their quick fumble after the funeral. They were grieving; they weren't thinking straight. But now, this full-blown affair is disturbing and stupid.
  • RussellIanRussellIan Posts: 12,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't watch EE regularly (I do 'catch it' now and again whilst ironing, aimlessly flicking through the channels etc), but I agree. This whole notion of Connor being some kind of sexbomb is ludicrous, I find him eww.
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RussellIan wrote: »
    I don't watch EE regularly (I do 'catch it' now and again whilst ironing, aimlessly flicking through the channels etc), but I agree. This whole notion of Connor being some kind of sexbomb is ludicrous, I find him eww.

Connor is young and fit (but dull). The notion of Phil Mitchell being some kind of sex-bomb is far more ludicrous:D