Options

EE - Nick Cotton saga - I really don't get it!

2»

Comments

• Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    0...0 wrote: »
    It started off deliciously dark and gothic but it's veered into bad sitcom territory. I like Ron but her ordering Nick into his room was daft and WTF has it got to do with Phil?

Nail on the head.

What a mess of an episode last night....and they'd been doing so well with the s/l up to now.
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    Nick is on Phils manor, doncha know. I am waiting for Phil to ban him from the minute mart, the vic and the cafe.

That's why Nick is still safe. Phil can't use Alfie for back up as he's otherwise engaged.
  • Options
    LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nick has to hide because he has committed fraud after taking part in a robbery.

Dot's always been weak as far as Nick's concerned - her not kicking him out or turning him into the police is perfectly in character.

If you find this storyline unbelievable then god knows what you must have thought of the Dotty one. Now that was far-fetched; a young girl behaving like some master criminal. Nick 'faking' his death isn't that far-fetched as he's known for scams.

John Altman's hammy acting is part of Nick's charm. I'm enjoying his current stint, personally, and I think the humour is intentional. It's classic Nick and Dot.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    Nick is on Phils manor, doncha know. I am waiting for Phil to ban him from the minute mart, the vic and the cafe.

He'll send his heavies round to do that for him.^_^
  • Options
    ritchie2ykritchie2yk Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    I think they just threw an idea out there without thinking it through properly and now have no idea where to take it, it's a ludicrous storyline
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 329
    Forum Member
    They should never have put Ronnie & Charlie together in the first place; the Story would be more convincing if Stacey or Sonia was Charlie's girlfriend, but that's just my opinion.
  • Options
    danyelldanyell Posts: 10,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They should never have put Ronnie & Charlie together in the first place; the Story would be more convincing if Stacey or Sonia was Charlie's girlfriend, but that's just my opinion.

Sonia, really? I mean anyone fancying her would be unconvincing. But hey, that's just my opinion! :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    LHolmes wrote: »
    Nick has to hide because he has committed fraud after taking part in a robbery.

Dot's always been weak as far as Nick's concerned - her not kicking him out or turning him into the police is perfectly in character.

If you find this storyline unbelievable then god knows what you must have thought of the Dotty one. Now that was far-fetched; a young girl behaving like some master criminal. Nick 'faking' his death isn't that far-fetched as he's known for scams.

John Altman's hammy acting is part of Nick's charm. I'm enjoying his current stint, personally, and I think the humour is intentional. It's classic Nick and Dot.

I was fine with it until last night, in fact really enjoying it. But then we had Phil breaking into Dot's house and laying down the law, followed by Ronnie deciding what should happen in Dot's house without consulting her. Mitchell arrogance at it's worse....two criminals laying down the law to an old lady and her son.
  • Options
    misty cloudmisty cloud Posts: 1,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EE's asks us to believe loads of unrealistic stuff; gangsta Phil, super stud Max to name but a few. Nick is dark comedy gold, he is the master of manipulation with Dot; I'm happy to go along for the ride and I'm hoping he and Yvonne will stay on the square. I love his one liners / put you downs :D
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree with Misty Cloud! I am loving this storyline and Nick is wonderful in his fiendish, panto ways and brilliant one liners

I love the dynamic between Nic, Yvonne, Dot, Ronnie and Charlie aswell

On paper it shouldn't work but it just does IMO
  • Options
    KrustyliciousKrustylicious Posts: 17,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The corkers are in real deep do do with the fake death. Charlie is as well.

Dot and ronnie are in do dos for perverting the course of justice.
  • Options
    sultanina9sultanina9 Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    danyell wrote: »
    Sonia, really? I mean anyone fancying her would be unconvincing. But hey, that's just my opinion! :p

Lol that made me laugh, and on a serious note stacey or sonia doesn't sound convincing at all tbh
  • Options
    Cosmic GiftedCosmic Gifted Posts: 3,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's one of the worst storylines ever, imo. Just ridiculous. They apparently already gave him 10 grand to get rid of him and he blew the money so now they think giving him another 10k is going to solve all their problems??? wtf are they on. Plus the whole rubbish of keeping him locked in his room after 6pm is just laughable.
  • Options
    Hank1234Hank1234 Posts: 3,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shouldn't Ian be more concerned that his daughters killer is still in society.. Rather then be bothering with Nick Cotton
  • Options
    LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vald wrote: »
    I was fine with it until last night, in fact really enjoying it. But then we had Phil breaking into Dot's house and laying down the law, followed by Ronnie deciding what should happen in Dot's house without consulting her. Mitchell arrogance at it's worse....two criminals laying down the law to an old lady and her son.
    I'm not keen on Phil's involvement either. It feels like it's being done for the sake of it when Nick and Phil haven't crossed paths that much in the past.
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    X-Digit-Xx wrote: »
    It's one of the worst storylines ever, imo. Just ridiculous. They apparently already gave him 10 grand to get rid of him and he blew the money so now they think giving him another 10k is going to solve all their problems??? wtf are they on. Plus the whole rubbish of keeping him locked in his room after 6pm is just laughable.

The after 6 thing makes Nick sound like Gizmo from the Gremlins. :D
  • Options
    Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This storyline is confusing it had such a big build up to his return on Halloween the scary night of the year but ever since then hes just been hiding out in Dot's smoking **** all day long WTF is going on?. They need to do something as Nick's return is looking like its failed
  • Options
    eejmeejm Posts: 1,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm expecting for everyone in the Square, one by one, to find out that Nick is still alive and hiding in Dot's house. This includes Bert, Ernie, and Beth. Every new person that finds out has to undergo a debriefing in Dot's living room on getting enough money for Nick to leave and for heaven's sake not to tell anyone else! The one person on the Square remaining who has not yet found out about Nick will be the person who killed Lucy.

You're welcome.
  • Options
    MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,688
    Forum Member
    I'm happy to see Nick back but this storyline is rather silly. Like you OP, I don't get it?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    X-Digit-Xx wrote: »
    They apparently already gave him 10 grand to get rid of him and he blew the money so now they think giving him another 10k is going to solve all their problems???.

Didn't Phil trick them and just give blank paper? Hence why Nick came back?

I do agree that it's been a terrible storyline so far though. I can cope with some really poor ones but this is just far too boring. I know there's probably much more coming but at the moment it's just awful and dragging the show down.
  • Options
    starry_runestarry_rune Posts: 9,006
    Forum Member
    Was any of the Mitchells in the cafe when it was held hostage? Would Phil even care about Nick? Is Nick meant to be the new Steve Owen and Derek Branning? Why did nick fake his death in the first place? Why hasn't anyone reported him to the police? whos body did they cremate / bury?

If this can happen, I'm sure Kathy could pop back.
  • Options
    MarkjukMarkjuk Posts: 30,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I highly suspect Nick will be off soon as John Altman is starring in Panto. Reckon Nick will return early next year in time for the anniversary.
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't predict where it's going
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    0...0 wrote: »
    It started off deliciously dark and gothic but it's veered into bad sitcom territory. I like Ron but her ordering Nick into his room was daft and WTF has it got to do with Phil?

Nothing.

As another poster said it was just another excuse for TPTB to show how awesome their living God is.

Yawn.