EE - Nick Cotton saga - I really don't get it!

andallthatjazzandallthatjazz Posts: 6,413
Forum Member
What the bleeding hell is this storyline all about ..really???:confused:^_^

What's with all the Cotton family & everybody else outside that Cotton hole so damn worried and scared for him??

Why not just get the police to deal with him and to hell with him!

I mean who really cares about that dumbass idiot Nick Cotton.

It's a very poor storyline the equally moronic writers came up with just to bring the character back if you ask me.

Comments

• cas1977cas1977 Posts: 6,399
    Forum Member
    i agree. Even though it should and could be an actual serious storyline, it does seem to be a bit pantomime, and as a storyline it's just useless and pathetic.

Just another way for the writers to get Phil involved and to do his hard man act once again....yawn............
  • David_ArcherDavid_Archer Posts: 258
    Forum Member
    Is she really going to kiss him?

Awwww gowan gowan gowan
  • stellersstellers Posts: 916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cas1977 wrote: »
    i agree. Even though it should and could be an actual serious storyline, it does seem to be a bit pantomime, and as a storyline it's just useless and pathetic.

Just another way for the writers to get Phil involved and to do his hard man act once again....yawn............

These days, Nick is just a panto character.
  • newyorkcitygirlnewyorkcitygirl Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why is he actually still hiding in the Cotton's, what is he scared of exactly?
  • secretagentsecretagent Posts: 1,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Though I'm pleased to see Nick back, I get the storyline either. Why did they not just chuck him out when he first turned up?
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I sort of understand the storyline. But I am enjoying Nick back - even if he is panto.

Some of his dialogue has me in hysterics.
  • Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    I think I get it and I love it. Having Nick back has been brilliant. He has had some crackin' dialogue too.

Faking his death and cremating the body made no sense as they go through stringent procedures at the crematorium and they would never have got away with it. But other than that, it's been good.
  • Paul WilsonPaul Wilson Posts: 5,108
    Forum Member
    Ell_Ren wrote: »
    I think I get it and I love it. Having Nick back has been brilliant. He has had some crackin' dialogue too.

Faking his death and cremating the body made no sense as they go through stringent procedures at the crematorium and they would never have got away with it. But other than that, it's been good.

Yeah I must admit that while so far it really hasn't been the 'Nick story to end all Nick stories' I'm finding it very entertaining so far. There's been a touch of black farce about it which I do like. Pauline McLynn must be in her element doing stuff like this, hiding a dead man who isn't dead in his bedroom could've come straight from the writers of Father Ted - 'Dot, Nick was wondering if he could put his massive tool in my box.' I'm thinking the really dark stuffs coming up soon, so I've got the patience for it, but it's kind of nice to have him back...
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Why can't Ronnie just give Nick the boot?

Part of me hopes he's killed off for real during Christmas/30th anniversary. The character has had his day and Altman is a dreadful actor.
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't exactly get it either, it started off interesting but has sort of gone pair shaped if I'm honest.

I do not get the inclusion of Phil Mitchell in this storyline, he barely had anything to do with Nick Cotton when he was on the show previously so why it bothers him so much now is anyone's guess, I mean he never really had anything to do with Dot either, bit sick of Phil being shown as the hard man when his as scary as a deflated balloon, even Nick in his panto villain act done more then him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought he was just a joke last night. He hasn't been a convincing bad guy for years but he was bordering on Carry On style acting last night. They need to decide what the point of him is, because at the moment he is just back for being back's sake.
  • red_amberred_amber Posts: 1,154
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand why so many people complain about Coronation Street when you have ridiculous storylines like this on East Enders. EE is truly going down the pan at the moment - too many horrible storylines to even know where to begin!!
  • BadLadAshBadLadAsh Posts: 28,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's very silly.
  • elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member
    I really enjoy watching Nick and I don't care if John Altman isn't the best actor, he hams it up just as much as June Brown hams it up:D. His quips to Dot are great and I love watching June Brown and John Altman bounce off each other because it is so obvious that they like working together. I also like that they have added Yvonne into the mix as well because she adds more humour.

I don't like the way they shoe-horned Phil bloody Mitchell into the whole storyline though. Was there any need for him to be.>:(
  • CheriCheri Posts: 1,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Phil Mitchell looks like a dang Potato Croquette
  • MoJo-GirlMoJo-Girl Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I despise Nick Cotton. Always have.

Not only is he an evil, sleazeball with absolutely no good bone in his body, the actor is terrible. I can't actually watch scenes that he is in. He is the only character I truly hate.

I agree 100% that Dot would have shopped him (her patience would have run out years ago), Ronnie might not have done (due to Charlie being connected) but she would have told Phil and Phil would have killed him.

End of.

Please, please, please can the character be killed off once and for all. He makes EE so awful to watch.
  • Collins1965Collins1965 Posts: 13,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The sight of him snogging Mrs Doyle made me feel slightly queasy :o:D
  • mandead88mandead88 Posts: 2,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I must feed off people's dislike for Nick. I think he is great. :D
  • danyelldanyell Posts: 10,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They have to take care of Nick otherwise if he gets arrested they'd all be in trouble for knowing about him being alive all this time.
  • CorstemmeeCorstemmee Posts: 976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm finding Nick's return s/l ridiculous. Dreadful character made even more dire by atrocious acting. >:(
    Get rid of him once and for all. It's nonsense.
  • FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    cas1977 wrote: »

John's acting has turned into a real joke, and I can tell that's why TPTB can't keep him around for too long. Definitely, by far, the best villain turned worst EastEnders actor ever.
  • sultanina9sultanina9 Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    Firegazer wrote: »
    John's acting has turned into a real joke, and I can tell that's why TPTB can't keep him around for too long. Definitely, by far, the best villain turned worst EastEnders actor ever.

What's so bad about him?
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,219
    Forum Member
    red_amber wrote: »
    I don't understand why so many people complain about Coronation Street when you have ridiculous storylines like this on East Enders. EE is truly going down the pan at the moment - too many horrible storylines to even know where to begin!!

It's just one of many storylines though, it is a bit farcical and it's not living up to the hype, the pacing and realism are well off but it's still entertaining due mainly to Nicks one liners :D.

I like the Cotton family unit too, I think this storyline could have proceeded much better without the inclusion of Phil though.
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It started off deliciously dark and gothic but it's veered into bad sitcom territory. I like Ron but her ordering Nick into his room was daft and WTF has it got to do with Phil?
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,219
    Forum Member
    0...0 wrote: »
    It started off deliciously dark and gothic but it's veered into bad sitcom territory. I like Ron but her ordering Nick into his room was daft and WTF has it got to do with Phil?

Nick is on Phils manor, doncha know. I am waiting for Phil to ban him from the minute mart, the vic and the cafe.