Painted Babies Growing Up

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,845
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I remember seeing the original one about five year olds in Americian pageants. Scary parents and scary children. I just spotted this up date on BBC2 tonight. The two main child contestants have gone on to very different things in their lives, one still completing and the other to college.

It was interesting to see but I still find the world of pageants and painting up little girls very scary.

Did anyone else see it?

Comments

• teresagreenteresagreen Posts: 16,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember seeing the original one about five year olds in Americian pageants. Scary parents and scary children. I just spotted this up date on BBC2 tonight. The two main child contestants have gone on to very different things in their lives, one still completing and the other to college.

It was interesting to see but I still find the world of pageants and painting up little girls very scary.

Did anyone else see it?

I didn't see it but I know what you mean.. the programme which I saw about 5 years ago was disturbing. Apart from the stupid parents pushing their kids too hard, which can be very psychologically disturbing to the child, there are paedophiles out there who would love this, and would probably know where to find the kids. These parents should be sent to parenting classes - or jail for child abuse.
  • alijalij Posts: 227
    Forum Member
    Just caught up with this on iplayer. It was fascinating to see the difference between the two girls now they are 17 and nice to see the parents of at least one able to laugh at themselves and see some of the ludicrousness(?) in their behaviour.

Although I find the pageant world very scary they do both seem to be lovely well adjusted girls now which, to be honest, I wasn't really expecting .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 427
    Forum Member
    I didn't see it but I know what you mean.. the programme which I saw about 5 years ago was disturbing. Apart from the stupid parents pushing their kids too hard, which can be very psychologically disturbing to the child, there are paedophiles out there who would love this, and would probably know where to find the kids. These parents should be sent to parenting classes - or jail for child abuse.

I watched this and found the whole thing really sad, obsessive parents being charged huge amounts of moiney to enter their kids. The creeepy MC singing to the children-yuk
    However; both the girls seem to have grown up into well ajusted young women-even the one still competing had career ambitions that weren't related to the pageant industry.
    Regarding the paedophile issue- paedophiles seek out children that look like children rather than those dressed & made up like adults & children with much less confidence than those in pageants.
    At least the pgeants weren't open to the public, only family and entrants were allowed