Options

Camilla has broken her leg

teenagemartyrteenagemartyr Posts: 6,782
Forum Member
Just saw this on the news - Huw Edwards said the opening line in such a deadpan voice that I burst out laughing! :D

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5h8BQJDqp1vIqh54Ky8poX2miRB9A

Comments

• Options
    AchtungAchtung Posts: 10,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's probably just grazed a toenail or something. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bollards, I had her for 50/1 in Saturdays National.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    Just saw this on the news - Huw Edwards said the opening line in such a deadpan voice that I burst out laughing! :D

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5h8BQJDqp1vIqh54Ky8poX2miRB9A

Ouch! Kudos for hoping to stick to her planned engagements though - presumably not a bad break then.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,304
    Forum Member
    revolver44 wrote: »
    Bollards, I had her for 50/1 in Saturdays National.

Poor woman, I expect there's nothing wrong with her other than that Charles had more in common with her than with the people's princess, Diana...
  • Options
    LakeukLakeuk Posts: 1,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good job she left Strictly Come Dancing
  • Options
    darlingdarling Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    herman64uk wrote: »
    Ouch! Kudos for hoping to stick to her planned engagements though - presumably not a bad break then.

I think it probably says more about the number and nature of her planned "engagements"!
  • Options
    di60di60 Posts: 5,432
    Forum Member
    lynxmale wrote: »
    Poor woman, I expect there's nothing wrong with her other than that Charles had more in common with her than with the people's princess, Diana...

just because she had more in common with someone else's husband, doesn't mean she had to open her legs for him did it?

P.S. the only "poor" thing about her, is her morals :mad:
  • Options
    Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Achtung wrote: »
    She's probably just grazed a toenail or something. :rolleyes:

No-the only thing she's grazed is grass in the field!:D
  • Options
    notfussynotfussy Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She has a strong family history of Osteoporosis.
    Given that these injuries normally only result in ligament damage you have to wonder if she now has brittle bones too...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    Got to be honest but my first thought was "does this mean they'll have to shoot her?" :o
  • Options
    GlinnyGlinny Posts: 4,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Duchess of Cornwall Camilla breaks her leg in Showbiz forum :confused:

Mind you in the acting world they do use the phrase "break a leg" so I suppose there is some relevance there :)
  • Options
    teenagemartyrteenagemartyr Posts: 6,782
    Forum Member
    Glinny wrote: »

Mind you in the acting world they do use the phrase "break a leg" so I suppose there is some relevance there :)

Kindly point me to the Royalist section and I'll repost it there :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hahahahahahahahahaha...it means she'll be plastered for 6 weeks!
  • Options
    GlinnyGlinny Posts: 4,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kindly point me to the Royalist section and I'll repost it there :rolleyes:

Try General Discussion I think you will find a threat about Camilla's broken leg there already ;)
  • Options
    wavlovrwavlovr Posts: 3,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL Jay Leno talked about her in his monolog tonight.
    He said something like.... "Camilla broke her ankle the other day. The vet didn`t know whether to treat her or put her down"
    :D:D:D
  • Options
    Rikki65Rikki65 Posts: 8,449
    Forum Member
    Poor old Charles' eyes are probably not a good as they use to be, he probably mistook her leg for a giant tampax:p.
  • Options
    Gloom of WhomGloom of Whom Posts: 197
    Forum Member
    di60 wrote: »
    just because she had more in common with someone else's husband, doesn't mean she had to open her legs for him did it?

P.S. the only "poor" thing about her, is her morals :mad:

Diana was the favorite man matress of every hooray henry with a title, a woman who had more captains than the Royal Navy.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    (U.S) Globe magazine 14.4.10:

from showbizspy-dot-com (can't paste link)

http://www.***************/article/203067/camilla-parker-bowles-tried-to-kill-herself.html
    CAMILLA'S SUICIDE ATTEMPT!
    Breaks leg in terrifying leap!
    Devastated as William is named King

PRINCE Charles‘ frumpy wife Camilla Parker Bowles tried to KILL HERSELF, it has been claimed.

The British royal — referred to as the Duchess of Cornwall — apparently had some sort of meltdown that left her in seclusion and nursing a badly broken leg, according to American tabloid Globe.

Bowles’ crisis was allegedly triggered when she learned Queen Elizabeth will formally bypass Charles and make William the heir to the throne later this year.

Camilla was sleeping with Charles — whom she wed in 2005 — while he was still married to the late Princess Diana, William’s mom.

Reports earlier this month claimed William is set to announce his engagement to longtime love Kate Middleton.

fantastic :D
  • Options
    di60di60 Posts: 5,432
    Forum Member
    The Duchess of Cornwall provoked the wrath of animal rights campaigners yesterday when she wore a rabbit fur stole on the first full day of her tour of Canada.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1224994/Chilly-reception-Charles-Camila-notably-crowd-greets-Canada-tour.html#ixzz0lNB6NEYu

Camilla broke the bone after catching her left foot in a rabbit hole while hillwalking

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1266657/The-smile-says-tough-break-stop-Camilla.html#ixzz0lNBUWri9

KARMA is a beautiful thing :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

)

Always thought it was dangerous in here..:mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Try General Discussion I think you will find a threat about Camilla's broken leg there already ;)

What a violent lot they are. Isn't it enough that it is broken already?
  • Options
    Gill PGill P Posts: 21,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I broke my fibula in exactly the same place and way as Camilla and it really hurts! Or rather hurt as it was a few years ago now. I was in plaster from toe to knee for seven weeks and when the plaster came off I was hors de combat for a few weeks more.

I sympathise with her.