Options

The Aiden Grimshaw Appreciation Thread (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to say, even though it might have won him more floating votes and the likes of Golddigger and Bonkers showing he was capable of it, I like Aiden all the more for sticking to his guns and not giving into Cheryl's ridiculous 'intense' criticism.

I actually think Aiden's confidence in his own style is the reason he was treated in the same manner as the older contestants, rather than the kid gloves and 'oh but they're so young' talk that Cher and 1D get.

Edit: I think it would help Cher immensely in the future if she faced up to one simple truth, she cannot rap for toffee. Decent enough at singing (especially in a world where Cheryl Cole has no.1 albums), but pants at rapping.

I agree that Aiden never sold himself out which is good. He's always said he never thought he was xfactor material, and just wanted people to "dig" him. And I respect that immensely. It kind of filters out the superficial voters too. Maybe one performance in the mix just to show he CAN do it would've been nice.

Also Cher's performances have been very hit and miss, and she's another one who was just better pre-live shows, but if you look at her audition, she's not rapping but it's her style. That kind of direction will work in her favour massively.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -annaboo93 wrote: »
    Wow dissolved_girl it looks amazing!

I'm not sure whether to go to Selfridges tomorrow... I live in North London and it would be easy for me to get to Tottenham Hale and then the Victoria line from there. But I have school until 4 and doubt I'll even get to TH until 5. Arghh and it'll be rush hour and Oxford Street will be packed with all the Christmas shoppers.

...But it's Aiden. :D

Help me please!

Oh and well done everyone on Part 3! Anyone know how many parts the Matt AT has?

I was wondering whether to go too. I go to a crazy school in West london who make us work like dogs so we finish at 5.30pm everyday. I went on the TFL website and apparently it will take me 25 mins to get there. I think it would be too late by then right? It's probably at least 5 minutes to walk from the station to the store.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha I just looked at who's posted the most in part 1 + 2 of this thread and I posted the most in Part 1, and aliyah posted the most in Part 2. Just something interesting to tell you guys (and to bump the thread:D)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 396
    Forum Member
    @blue_angel I agree with you about Stay, Imagine and Love The Way You Lie. They did seemed quite disingenuous, but I don't think that that was down to Cher. Outside of the context of the show she wouldn't normally do that type of track because they are too "intense", but in the context of the show she needed those types of performance to grab the attention of floating voters, something Aiden perhaps failed to do (rightly so, he wouldn't want fans for fans sake)... She's at her best when she sticks to what she knows. My favourite performance of hers is Just Be Good To Me, because it seemed to be her through and through.

Cher confuses me. She proclaims to be very contemporary, hip hop, and modern (she says that she like grunge and drum ‘n’ bass) but has become extremely pop. I actually thought her most genuine and likeable performances were in bootcamp and at her live audition. I agree with what AliBaba said that she was probably ‘required’ to change her style to pick up different voters each week. I also think she’s rather hypocritical... why say to Dannii that ballads are ‘done’ (when Love The Way You Lie is essentiall just a Hip Hop ballad) and then go on to sing Everytime in your save me song? I think because she’s obviously a producer favourite she was ‘required’ to change her style to suit voters more. Something which Aiden didn’t do :):):)

Hmm, how about we tweet the present as a combo of Happy Christmas/Happy Birthday type thing? Aww, I feel bad about not finishing in time now lol. Sorry guys!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spunk_1 wrote: »
    Haha I just looked at who's posted the most in part 1 + 2 of this thread and I posted the most in Part 1, and aliyah posted the most in Part 2. Just something interesting to tell you guys (and to bump the thread:D)

Nice info. ;) Yeah, I like to bump this thread too, if I see it way too low. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm, how about we tweet the present as a combo of Happy Christmas/Happy Birthday type thing? Aww, I feel bad about not finishing in time now lol. Sorry guys!

Aw, its okay! I doubt he would have seen it, he was so busy on his birthday. And now it's perfect and *fingers crosses* he will see and LOVE it! And hopefully follow our twitter page and yours too!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Aw, its okay! I doubt he would have seen it, he was so busy on his birthday. And now it's perfect and *fingers crosses* he will see and LOVE it! And hopefully follow our twitter page and yours too!

Aww, thanks honey :D Hmm, well I’ve just got to put all the messages together (that shouldn’t take long because I just have to put them all onto one canvas) then we can tweet (finally!). Ah, I really hope he follows (me and the DS page and everyone actually.) I think I’d have a bit of a fan girl moment if he did. That’d be a lovely reward for making it I feel :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aww, thanks honey :D Hmm, well I’ve just got to put all the messages together (that shouldn’t take long because I just have to put them all onto one canvas) then we can tweet (finally!). Ah, I really hope he follows (me and the DS page and everyone actually.) I think I’d have a bit of a fan girl moment if he did. That’d be a lovely reward for making it I feel :)

That would be awesome! I would get you to always tweet him all the things I'm too embarassed to ask :p JK JK. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dissolved_girl, that is just beautiful. Stunning work!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Aha... Aiden just tweeted. He’s gonna love what we’re trying to get to trend :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr_Grimshaw

london selfridges tomorrow! exciting stuff!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ooo, he’s online... should I tweet the picture section now then tweet the message section later? I’m scared lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He tweets! :D I'm glad he's got Selfridges in London, especially since that's probably the biggest location of the three, plus it looks like he's been bumped up in 'importance' to be selected along with Katie and Wagner to do this, I don't know if Paije is doing one...? (sorry if that seems mean, I love Paije a lot) Sorry to those of you who got Katie instead though, that's got to suck :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Roamed wrote: »
    He tweets! :D I'm glad he's got Selfridges in London, especially since that's probably the biggest location of the three, plus it looks like he's been bumped up in 'importance' to be selected along with Katie and Wagner to do this, I don't know if Paije is doing one...? (sorry if that seems mean, I love Paije a lot) Sorry to those of you who got Katie instead though, that's got to suck :(

As if I'm actually going to go to see Katie! Lol. I'll be staying well clear thanks very much. And yeah I'm glad Aiden's doing London too. Hope he does Twitcam or something.

And dissolved_girl definitely send him the pics!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 142
    Forum Member
    Mr_Grimshaw

london selfridges tomorrow! exciting stuff!

Whoop, so pleased for him.

dissolved_girl that is stunning, great work!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hahahaha if anyone else has seen what someone has tweeted to him... suddenly I don't feel so bad about my cringe moment on Saturday!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    As if I'm actually going to go to see Katie! Lol. I'll be staying well clear thanks very much. And yeah I'm glad Aiden's doing London too. Hope he does Twitcam or something.

And dissolved_girl definitely send him the pics!

Okay I shall :) If people could possible retweet it after I’ve tweeted that would be awesome!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hahahaha if anyone else has seen what someone has tweeted to him... suddenly I don't feel so bad about my cringe moment on Saturday!

Are you talking the one about the belt? Looool if you are.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What did they tweet? The strip thing?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Okay I shall :) If people could possible retweet it after I’ve tweeted that would be awesome!

I will but I only have 20 odd followers.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Aha... what did they tweet? I like to see crazy tweets :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you talking the one about the belt? Looool if you are.
    What did they tweet? The strip thing?

Belt? Strip? Need to go have another look and see what other people have been saying!

Aha... what did they tweet? I like to see crazy tweets :D

Basically told him she's feeling in the mood and that she thinks he'd like her boobs.... but worded it slightly differently (in a way I won't repeat here in case I get into trouble!)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ahahaha the one I was talking about is this:
    "I'll be there, make sure you wear a belt... just keep that in mind, wear a belt...."
    :eek:
    And actually fairyprincess I think I saw that lool people are so funny. It's sad that Aiden probably won't ever actually read these.
  • Options
    AesaAesa Posts: 3,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey everyone, just dropping in. Long time lurker on this thread, it's given me some great giggles! I was a bit meh on Aiden for ages (I missed his audition and bootcamp performances which I think had something to do with it), but when he sang Nothing Compares 2 U it woke me up! That's now one of my favourite X Factor performances of all time, and after it I had a youtube fest and realised what a fool I'd been :D Was totally gutted when he left the week after, totally robbed but let's not get into that.

I'm loving all the videos of him at his gigs (thanks for all the links and pictures etc btw) and really hope he'll come close enough to where I'm from so I can go and see him! I'm rooting for Matt and have been since his audition, and the Maiden bromance has been a little ray of sunshine in this farce of a series. Absolutely love Aiden's loyalty to his friends on the show.

So yeah, just wanted to pop in and say hi, thank you for entertaining me for so long and that Aiden is, to put it simply, amazing :) You all have great taste! ;)

Oh, and also, this is amazing.
    Okay, I feel as if this has taken half of my life, but I have FINALLY finished the collage section of Aiden’s DS gift (even though it’s a good few days after his birthday :o). Please all have a look while I pop all of your messages into the other section, and if you think it’s awful please do say :D

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g158/gothicpixie101/PresentCanvascopy.jpg

Bliddy marvellous! Some great work, dissolved_girl :)

eta - Just want to add that The Aiden Grim-Show and the clones/cloves fandango had me laughing for hours. So adorable!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Belt? Strip? Need to go have another look and see what other people have been saying!

Basically told him she's feeling in the mood and that she thinks he'd like her boobs.... but worded it slightly differently (in a way I won't repeat here in case I get into trouble!)

:eek: I hope she's legal at least.
    People were trying to trend #ifmattcardlewinsaidengrimshawmuststrip on twitter. I have no idea about the belt.
This discussion has been closed.