Options

Black Ops Can't Join Friends Party

ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,535
Forum Member
✭✭
Tries to join the party and after about 20 seconds says "Game session no longer available".

Any advice folks? Can join public games no problem, and we have both played Resident Evil 5 online together without any issues.

Putting PS3 into my router's DMZ zone is virtually impossible, as according to Google the router I have (a Thomson Gateway, supplied by Plusnet, O2, Orange and a few others) is a complete pile of crap. Port forwarding is another strange one because Black Ops on PS3 uses different ports than the PC version and can't seem to find info on what they are anywhere online.

Comments

• Options
    Jay-CeeJay-Cee Posts: 2,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ags_rule wrote: »
    Tries to join the party and after about 20 seconds says "Game session no longer available".

Any advice folks? Can join public games no problem, and we have both played Resident Evil 5 online together without any issues.

Putting PS3 into my router's DMZ zone is virtually impossible, as according to Google the router I have (a Thomson Gateway, supplied by Plusnet, O2, Orange and a few others) is a complete pile of crap. Port forwarding is another strange one because Black Ops on PS3 uses different ports than the PC version and can't seem to find info on what they are anywhere online.

It could be patch problem, i had same problem when they released patch 1.03, i could not join but invite, then 1.04 i could not do neither but 1.05 fixed it for me, even though my nat type is 2
  • Options
    Roge8014Roge8014 Posts: 371
    Forum Member
    *sigh*

They had supposedly fixed this.

Try this (it does work by opening the ports required, but only for that gaming session, which means you'll have to do it again next time).

You and your friends need to all have a previous copy of CoD (say MW2 or WaW etc). Try partying up in BO, if it doesn't work, then all of you fire up the same previous copy of CoD and party up in that.

You don't have to, but go find a pub game and quit back to lobby before it starts. Then all of you hit the eject button on your console and put BO in.

You should now be able to party up. It does work and is mentioned a lot over on the official website!

Failing that; email Activision and ask for the Port Forward info for BO. My mate did this for WaW and they do email you back with the information.

Hope this helps!
  • Options
    Jay-CeeJay-Cee Posts: 2,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    woow lol talk about long process
  • Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what's it saying both of your NATs are ??
  • Options
    ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »
    what's it saying both of your NATs are ??

See this is where it gets confusing - the internet connection test on my PS3 is saying that my NAT is Type 2, but in Black Ops it is saying it is set to strict (Type 3)! Not sure what my mates is set to, will have to ask him.

In Modern Warfare 2 it did the same thing, my NAT type was constantly changing between open and strict for no apparent reason. Although I was able to join a few DS parties no problem.

Also thanks, Roge8014, for that info, but unfortunately my mate is a new PS3 gamer and only has Black Ops and Resi 5 :(
  • Options
    Roge8014Roge8014 Posts: 371
    Forum Member
    No problems.

Black Ops also tells me I have a strict NAT but other games and a quick network check tells me I have an Open NAT (type 2).

Damned game. :(