brendans babebrendans babe Posts: 34,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The state of Sam bringing out the plates!:D
  • Options
    millysshawmillysshaw Posts: 2,464
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think Sam is a really nice bloke, liked his key lime pie dish the best. Scott dish looked really yummy but a little bit sweet for me
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jonbwfc wrote: »
    Agreed. A pancake isn't good enough, no matter how good it is.

She knew she was weak on puddings so did something simple, if one of the others had a complete disaster then it could have been enough to get her through.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's blonde and pretty. John has history on that front.
    Eadfrith wrote: »
    She also seems to be a pretty good cook.

I like her, she is consistent and has some interesting ideas. She is fun with a nice personality and not irritating like some Americans can be.
  • Options
    ivyjaneivyjane Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    I think Ryan is going to win
  • Options
    firefly_irlfirefly_irl Posts: 4,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep I get the feeling Rylan will win or maybe Kimberly, they're the front runners for me.

On holidays next week so miss the final. >:(
  • Options
    boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep I get the feeling Rylan will win or maybe Kimberly, they're the front runners for me.

On holidays next week so miss the final. >:(

My heart says Rylan to win,mbut my head says Kim.

She's just been more consistent throughout.

Not sure if Rylan will make it to the final day.
  • Options
    mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    didn't think it would be possible for me to dislike anyone more than rylan but mica came close for me last night

her attitude during that final dessert test was terrible

not really getting the rylan support as a winner, his best food has been very gimmicky and he doesn't have anywhere near the technical skills of the other three imo , might be biased tho as i cant stand the talentless scrub
  • Options
    JayinthegardenJayinthegarden Posts: 1,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rylan and Kimberley have been the best cooks.Scott was good but has faded in the last couple of weeks. I am like Scott, a vegetarian who cooks meat for the rest of the family...without tasting it - a perilous route to take on occasion :D
    I think any of the finalists could win it ( obvious statement alert :D ) and as I like all 4 of them, I really don't mind who ( although I have a cheeky soft spot for Rylan ;) )
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because that's her name. She spells it quite pretentiously.

Her name is actually Michelle so not sure how spelling her stage name Mica qualifies as pretentious
  • Options
    Tommo781Tommo781 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When he first came on the show I thought Rylan had no chance of getting far. I also really didn't like him. Now my opinion has changed on both first impressions. He really has embraced everything about the show, and his dishes look lovely. He also seems able to laugh at himself and is not the prima donna I thought he would be. I have read that John and Gregg wanted different contestants to win. My bet is it was between Kimberley and Rylan. But there again, one of the finalists only has to make a mistake, and everything can change.
  • Options
    prehensileprehensile Posts: 5,096
    Forum Member
    mimik1uk wrote: »
    didn't think it would be possible for me to dislike anyone more than rylan but mica came close for me last night

her attitude during that final dessert test was terrible

not really getting the rylan support as a winner, his best food has been very gimmicky and he doesn't have anywhere near the technical skills of the other three imo , might be biased tho as i cant stand the talentless scrub

I agree with all of this but I can easily see Rylan being the (totally undeserved IMO) winner. Cue plenty of fake emotion and 'journey' bollox. >:(
  • Options
    Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the final 3 will be Kimberley, Scott and Rylan.
    I want Scott or Kimberley to win, there is something not quite right about Rylan.
  • Options
    spikewomanspikewoman Posts: 12,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Obviously all this Is pre-recorded and the result already established and so the editing will be done to make an interesting and as varied programme as they can.

This week we've seen a load of good things from mostly Rylan and Kimberly which leads me to suspect that these might not be the eventual winners ie they've had their time in the limelight.

Going on what is often the pattern with these things they may have held off airing too much good stuff about the actual winner until the final tasks hence making it look like a surprise and somebody coming through (makes for better tv than the obvious favourite being best throughout eh?)
  • Options
    abannieabannie Posts: 2,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think sam 's being doing really well too. I think any of the four could win next week as they're all capable of cooking well. Even Rylan!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spikewoman wrote: »
    Obviously all this Is pre-recorded and the result already established and so the editing will be done to make an interesting and as varied programme as they can.

This week we've seen a load of good things from mostly Rylan and Kimberly which leads me to suspect that these might not be the eventual winners ie they've had their time in the limelight.

Going on what is often the pattern with these things they may have held off airing too much good stuff about the actual winner until the final tasks hence making it look like a surprise and somebody coming through (makes for better tv than the obvious favourite being best throughout eh?)
    I also have a suspicion that if Rylan has won then he would not be able to keep quiet about it, I can't imagine him being discrete.

There are plenty of past winners where I have disagreed but it would be terrible if he did win.

Also remember, now he is a finalist we are going to see him judging future Celebrity Masterchef contestants as a past finalist. So even if he (hopefully) does not win, we are going to see him again. Horrible thought!
  • Options
    marieofromaniamarieofromania Posts: 651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jocky has quite the way with the ladies. He's dated Nancy Dell'Olio and Laila Rouass.

Please tell me he's dated all of Anton du Beke's Strictly partners! Anne Widdecombe?:o
  • Options
    postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the final 3 will be Kimberley, Scott and Rylan.
    I want Scott or Kimberley to win, there is something not quite right about Rylan.

I shall be really cross if that buffoon wins. He's obviously had culinary training
  • Options
    mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    postit wrote: »
    I shall be really cross if that buffoon wins. He's obviously had culinary training

he reminds me a bit of wayne sleep last year, always going on about how little he knows and all the stuff hes never heard of, never tasted and never cooked when its fairly obvious he has more than just a beginners knowledge