Options

Corrie - Simon's new grandfather

AngiBearAngiBear Posts: 2,957
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have started to wonder where the Corrie producers are taking this storyline with the introduction of Lucy's dad and Simon's grandfather.

Custody battle?
Child abduction?
Fighting grandparents for Simon's affections?
Peter asking him for the money to open the new bar?

I just wondered what everyone else's opinions were on where this storyline is heading?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 229
    Forum Member
    I'm thinking Custody battle, only due to the fact that he didn't seem impressed about Simon's black eye, maybe intimating that he thinks Simon's not being well looked after. Possibly also bringing up or discovering Peter's battle with Alcoholism, many girlfriends etc.
    I haven't seen any spoilers, but thats my opinion.
  • Options
    tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    custody battle hes going to use peters drinking leannes prozzie & arson as well as tracey being a murderer & ken a serial adultery and simons black eye and time off school as the leverage he needs.

I read before the start of the summer in an interview with kym Marsh that Chris gascoigne was leaving at the end of the summer, a few months after the peter/michelle one night stand. Perhaps george taking simon off peter is the plot device to his leaving.

Ive not seen anything since about peter leaving so who knows what the hell is going on, corries not very consistant at the moment anyway and been on the skids for the best part of this year at least.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he's also meant to be a new love interest for Blanche but obviously Maggie Jones isn't filming at the moment, come to think of it, there has been no news on her condition in weeks - does anyone know anything?
  • Options
    louise1966louise1966 Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I honestly cannot imagine it would lead to a custody battle. If it did Ken would fight for his son's rights and, as a respectable former school teacher he would, I believe be awarded custody if Simon was taken from Peter.

I think it may be somethinig to do with Lucy.:confused:

Mind you, Deirdre was quick in giving him a goodbye kiss - and she's got form!;)
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    Well he is Raffles, perhaps he will just steal him?
    ;)
  • Options
    JOANNE REIDJOANNE REID Posts: 279
    Forum Member
    I think he is a con artist, ready to steal Blanches' pension book.
  • Options
    Bonny1Bonny1 Posts: 8,502
    Forum Member
    a long boring, rediculously aggressive, violent, noisy, screeching, shouting, long drawn out custody battle.

which will bring out.....

Peter's double life, with two wives
    Peter's alcoholic lifestyle
    Peter's relationship, with a theiving arsonistic hooker

oh god, I can hardly wait.. yaawwwnn
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 274
    Forum Member
    enero778 wrote: »
    I think he's also meant to be a new love interest for Blanche but obviously Maggie Jones isn't filming at the moment, come to think of it, there has been no news on her condition in weeks - does anyone know anything?

Has she been ill in real life?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 146
    Forum Member
    I think it is all going to be money-related. He was supposed to have been brought in as a love-interest for Blanche but he's had his wife in tow so don't know.

Maybe he'll go for Dierdre - she likes the older man :p
  • Options
    John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ken was very uncomfortable in Friday's episode when the rest of them were making plans there's obviously a lot more to come in this plot.
  • Options
    bel110bel110 Posts: 14,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really hope it's not custody related. I think it's more to do with money. I think he'll give Peter the money for his bar which will get Ken's back up and start overloading Simon with expensive presents ....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    John Dough wrote: »
    Ken was very uncomfortable in Friday's episode when the rest of them were making plans there's obviously a lot more to come in this plot.
    Yeah but he was only uncomfortable because he had been the only grandad in Simon's life until George turned up. A bit of the green eye...understandable.
  • Options
    oilcatoilcat Posts: 27,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First time I saw him I thought it was Jimmy Greaves :D
  • Options
    linfranlinfran Posts: 5,607
    Forum Member
    oilcat wrote: »

Me too. Hardly recognised Anthony Valentine.
  • Options
    LarocLaroc Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I read that he was giving Peter and Leanne the money for their new bar.
  • Options
    Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ken acting all jealous was ridiculous, every child is born with two grandads (if their lucky enough to still have them around) and that man has every right to see little simon even if he wasnt much of a dad to his daugher ( something Ken can easily relate to) so i think Ken needs to grow up a bit. And if he's feeling a bit left out when Simons with his other grandad why doesnt he go and track down his own young son :rolleyes: the one he doesnt bother with at all.

And i also heard that this george character was being brought in as a love interest for Blanche but after seeing his wife she seems quite a lot younger than Blanche so i doubt he would have an affair with her. However the storyline wont go ahead anyway now as Maggie Jones who plays Blanche is off due to illness :cry:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,517
    Forum Member
    oilcat wrote: »

He does look like old Greavsey, but would it not be more realistic to have his grandfather played by Sidney Poitier, as Simon is clearly from an Afro Carribean background?
  • Options
    ayrshire lassayrshire lass Posts: 4,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt very much that it was planned for him to have an affair with Blanche. Can you really imagine any man fancying her?:eek: I remember having a crush on Anthony Valentine years ago when he played Raffles. I feel really old now:o
  • Options
    ayrshire lassayrshire lass Posts: 4,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    david1955 wrote: »
    He does look like old Greavsey, but would it not be more realistic to have his grandfather played by Sidney Poitier, as Simon is clearly from an Afro Carribean background?

Your right about that, I find it daft that we are so supposed to think he is the son of Peter and a blonde girl like Lucy, when it,s obvious he,s mixed race.