Men should not have to support children they dont want..

JethroUKJethroUK Posts: 6,107
Forum Member
...if women want to indulge themselves with babies then let them pay for them

if the father does not want the child then they should not be expected to pay for it - only fathers that want to be a father should pay child support (like car drivers who want cars pay road tax) - nobody <has> to have a child in this day and age - it should be shared choice

this is morally water-tight - the government also <know> this for a fact - however this would put the financial burden back on to the taxpayer which prevents the gov for acting 'morally'

I think this will eventually be challenged in European court

P.S. not interested in any womens opinions on this which will obviously be selfish and totally inconsiderate and devoid of any moral compass

Comments

• 1fab1fab Posts: 20,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who should pay for your child, then, if you father one?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,742
    Forum Member
    I agree. The woman shouldn't have a baby if she can't afford one.
  • pickwickpickwick Posts: 25,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice satire :D

(I'm hoping, anyway.)
  • embyemby Posts: 7,837
    Forum Member
    JethroUK wrote: »

if the father does not want the child then they should not be expected to pay for it - only fathers that want to be a father should pay child support (like car drivers who want cars pay road tax) - nobody <has> to have a child in this day and age - it should be shared choice

this is morally water-tight - the government also <know> this for a fact - however this would put the financial burden back on to the taxpayer which prevents the gov for acting 'morally'

P.S. not interested in any womens opinions on this which will obviously be selfish and totally inconsiderate and devoid of any moral compass

*shakes head*

In the words of Jeremy Kyle, "put something on the end of it' and reduce the chance of any unwanted pregnancies.
  • marcina bolanmarcina bolan Posts: 645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They should have made sure the lady didn't become pregnant in the first place and used a condom. You risk pregnancy pretty much any time you have sex and don't use protection. It's not rocket science.
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Knocked someone up recently OP? I kid!

Seriously though, I kind of see your point, especially in situations where the mother wants the child but the father doesn't, but ultimately, someone has to pay for that child.

Why should he get "let off" when he fathered it, but the taxpayer pay for it, when they didn't impregnate the mother.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,742
    Forum Member
    They should have made sure the lady didn't become pregnant in the first place and used a condom. You risk pregnancy pretty much any time you have sex and don't use protection. It's not rocket science.

You risk pregnancy by using protection too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

These men should either ensure protection is used, sleep with women past the menopause, or turn to homosexuality. That will solve this problem.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,445
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am sure you know by now how babies are made, or do you? You can't have your cake and eat it. If you don't want a baby either abstain from sex or take precautions.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,404
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    emby wrote: »
    *shakes head*

In the words of Jeremy Kyle, "put something on the end of it' and reduce the chance of any unwanted pregnancies.

DOH! You beat me to it! :p
    Forum Member
    ': wrote:
    Hannah;48931348']You risk pregnancy by using protection too.

Don't have sex until you're in a committed relationship then? What else do you suggest?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 490
    Forum Member
    Is this a wind up? If you don't want kids then you know what to do, or not to do! I don't want kids, but I've been lucky a fee times. If it had of happened, I would have to pay my way that's life I'm afraid.
    Forum Member
    Ponglie wrote: »
    DOH! You beat me to it! :p

Haha, great minds. :D
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder how long it will be before there is a form to complete before two people actually get round to sex , covering all grounds from is it consensual to what happens if a person becomes pregnant.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,418
    Forum Member
    Men should be prepared to face the consequences if they want to sleep with a girl. No protection is 100% guaranteed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I disagree with the OP but will say that men need more rights when it comes to their children.

I mean, in a lot of cases, it's not right for a man to be [legally] expected to pay towards a childs upbringing whilst having no legal right to seeing that child.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you dont want a kids them make sure you put something on the end of it or dont have sex.

And if you dont put something on, them tought shit your to blame just as much as the mother so stop acting like a spoilt little kids and act like a man.
  • hustedhusted Posts: 5,287
    Forum Member
    Dont think you're argument is anywhere near water tight here. Babies arent cars.

How would you even prove whether the father wants a baby or not. Lie detector? What if he wants it one day and doesnt the next?

Having a baby is a commitment no matter whether you mean it or not. And responsibity for contraception is a shared thing. If you arent commited then wear a condom.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    skp20040 wrote: »
    I wonder how long it will be before there is a form to complete before two people actually get round to sex , covering all grounds from is it consensual to what happens if a person becomes pregnant.

Actually that's not a bad idea.....

When I rule the world la la la
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1fab wrote: »
    Who should pay for your child, then, if you father one?

What if the mother's already got a good job that could easily pay for her child? And the dad's not doing so well?
  • sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    <mind> <boggling>
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    What if the mother's already got a good job that could easily pay for her child? And the dad's not doing so well?

Then the mother should tell the kids when older that their dad was a spoilt little kids who acted like a loser and could be assed about anyone but himself. :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,219
    Forum Member
    These men should either ensure protection is used, sleep with women past the menopause, or turn to homosexuality. That will solve this problem.

Quite. Or keep in in their pants.
  • Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member
    If men want to indulge in sex with women who may fall pregnant, they suffer the consequences financially. Or, how about the mother pays for the child and the father takes full time care of it? Including Friday and Saturday nights when all his mates are going out on the pull.
    if the father does not want the child then they should not be expected to pay for it -
    He shouldn't have sex with someone who might fall pregnant. Abstain. Forever.
    Tough shit. I think you're going to get quite a few womens' opinions. You can read and learn, or you can ignore. But they're going to post anyway.
  • Hobbit FeetHobbit Feet Posts: 18,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why would anybody get drawn into this ludicrous thread.

Just why.