jahmene is massively overrated.

13»

Comments

• Options
    BlueStreakBlueStreak Posts: 11,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shadyfish wrote: »
    I love that song by a not amazing singer, Robbie Williams. After tonight I realise Jah maybe a better technical singer but I just wanted to hear Robbie's version again. Maybe he should be given a Marvyn Gaye or other Motown track to really show what he can do ?

Agree!

Whilst Jahmene was singing I couldn't help but think No!!!

Robbie isn't the best technical singer in the world but if you are going to sing one of Robbie's songs you need to nail it.

Jahmene imo didn't do that. Like you, I just wanted to hear Robbie sing it in the way he does.

:)
  • Options
    nataliannatalian Posts: 4,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vena wrote: »
    The judges give him good comments because he's excellent; why else?

I can only assume that it is because they are audibly challenged. No other explanation makes sense.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    hunni2nice wrote: »
    Jahmene deserves all the praise not only a great voice
    I can still recall his attempt to sing 'Move like Jagger'
    but a genuinely sweet sweet guy.
    He may well be but I find his mannerisms rather irritating:(
    :D:D:D

I loved Early Doors :)
    To the Regiment!!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    belive940 wrote: »
    The only one in this competion who could actually sing Anywhere in the world and be accepted, and that is very rare indeed:D

Completely agree :)
  • Options
    callmedivacallmediva Posts: 1,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shadyfish wrote: »
    I love that song by a not amazing singer, Robbie Williams. After tonight I realise Jah maybe a better technical singer but I just wanted to hear Robbie's version again. Maybe he should be given a Marvyn Gaye or other Motown track to really show what he can do ?

At least Robbie sang the he was loving angels, when Jahmene sang it, apparantly Ham loved angels........

"Ham loving angels instead" :rolleyes:
  • Options
    glitta17glitta17 Posts: 2,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really hate reading threads like this, he has such a good voice and he is really nice! I knew him before the X Factor and he has exactly the same personality, it really annoys me when people think he's putting on an act and say he's overrated!
  • Options
    freeshatfreeshat Posts: 447
    Forum Member
    glitta17 wrote: »
    I really hate reading threads like this, he has such a good voice and he is really nice! I knew him before the X Factor and he has exactly the same personality, it really annoys me when people think he's putting on an act and say he's overrated!

Jahmene was dull this week and all previous weeks.

Totally forgettable performance.

He has no chance of competing with more entertaining acts such as Rylan or Christopher.
  • Options
    VisitingVisiting Posts: 40,112
    Forum Member
    jay25jay wrote: »

Totally disagree he's got the best voice in the competition and he's still not shown his full potential and he's been getting better and better each week.

To compare him to Leon is just silly he's nothing like him. Jahmene could be the most successful boy to come out of this competition and with the right material could also be big in America.

I think so too
  • Options
    VisitingVisiting Posts: 40,112
    Forum Member
    freeshat wrote: »
    Jahmene was dull this week and all previous weeks.

Totally forgettable performance.

He has no chance of competing with more entertaining acts such as Rylan or Christopher.

Dull? No way
  • Options
    collide101collide101 Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    Him and James are the best of a rather average group of contestants, so they have to be made out to be better than what they actually are for the sake of the show
  • Options
    sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought this was easily his best week, his version of Angels was excellent

I agree it was his best week, but only because the vocal gymnastics were not quite so much on show. I wish someone would give him some proper guidance and tell him that less is most definitely more.
  • Options
    musicangelmusicangel Posts: 7,164
    Forum Member
    don't get the hype with him at all, totally emperors new clothes stuff.

decent enough voice but I honestly find him very boring with little to no charisma, and always looks like he's having a shit, so strained is he when singing.

agreed you couldn't pay me to watch him in concert... :(
  • Options
    itsJoeitsJoe Posts: 2,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's better than Ella.. lol.
  • Options
    cat's whiskascat's whiskas Posts: 877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was puzzled how he got past the first audition to be honest, but each to their own I suppose!
  • Options
    len112len112 Posts: 4,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I felt sorry for him watching the vt the other week saying he didn't like watching his performances back because he could hear how bad they sounded !The judges treat him like an idiot they don't give him any useful critique and don't assist him at all in improving himself as an artist , all he needs to do is sky+ his performances to find out for himself that the judges are talking crap . As for whether he can ever be a great singer ? He has nice elements to his voice at times but his nerves get to him then he has major problems in staying on key , more so than Rylan in my opinion .The good thing is at least he's aware of it .
  • Options
    oxygenjjoxygenjj Posts: 18,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    don't feel the love im here fpr jahmene
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    len112 wrote: »
    I felt sorry for him watching the vt the other week saying he didn't like watching his performances back because he could hear how bad they sounded !The judges treat him like an idiot they don't give him any useful critique and don't assist him at all in improving himself as an artist , all he needs to do is sky+ his performances to find out for himself that the judges are talking crap . As for whether he can ever be a great singer ? He has nice elements to his voice at times but his nerves get to him then he has major problems in staying on key , more so than Rylan in my opinion .The good thing is at least he's aware of it .

At the risk of making myself seem horrible........I'm a bit fed up of his constant need for approval.

I can't decide whether that's through genuinely being unsure of himself or he just likes to keep hearing how good he is. Sort of fishing for continual compliments.

• Options
    len112len112 Posts: 4,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BlueStreak wrote: »
    At the risk of making myself seem horrible........I'm a bit fed up of his constant need for approval.

I can't decide whether that's through genuinely being unsure of himself or he just likes to keep hearing how good he is. Sort of fishing for continual compliments.

I felt he was actually saying that he'd rather hear the judges say his performance was bad when it was bad , rather than the constant undeserved praise
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    len112 wrote: »
    I felt he was actually saying that he'd rather hear the judges say his performance was bad when it was bad , rather than the constant undeserved praise

Well he knows as well as I do that's he's not given a 'bad' performance really.

Some may not have been as good as others, but I don't think he's given a performance that could be described as bad, therefore it isn't necessary to really pick that many holes in it.

I was blown away at his auditon when he sang At Last.......but since then he's really not done much for me. I must admit I find the constant faffing around with the notes a bit too over the top for my liking. I just wish he'd sing a song without all that fannying around.

When he sang I say a Little Prayer...........he ruined it in my opinion. But I wouldn't say it was a bad performance.

• Options
    BoselectaBoselecta Posts: 1,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having flaws makes him seem a more genuine act or contestant to me... it fits with the story of an ordinary Joe having a go on a talent show. I'd expect him to mature, gain confidence, develop his stagecraft and improve his technique as weeks go by.... it's far more interesting that way I think (and that's why I like him).
  • Options
    mrsgrumpy49mrsgrumpy49 Posts: 10,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mr_Paddy wrote: »
    He's a one trick pony, same style of songs every week.

So not like James Arthur then. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    LunarLegendLunarLegend Posts: 3,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So not like James Arthur then. :rolleyes:

It amazes me how James Arther is never called out as a one trick pony.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    freeshat wrote: »

So you would pay money to see these two jokes would you?
    Rylan is just Mr Camp without a voice and Christopher can sing but is memorable only for his occasional orange appearance.
    Jahmene has a wonderful, unique, pure voice. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It amazes me how James Arther is never called out as a one trick pony.
    Well I certainly have said this about him. He makes every song into an identical agonised dirge. Yes he can sing but they all merge into one. And it's like his face has been botoxed... :eek: