Comments

• Options
    jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I REMEMBER IT NOW!!!
    :D

SILVER LININGS PLAYBOOK - 8half/10
    a slow burner but as soon as bradley and jeniffer lock eyes the first time KABLAMMO!!!

VERY understated acting from both but it's really effective
  • Options
    NoseyLouieNoseyLouie Posts: 5,651
    Forum Member
    Paul 6/10

Just a bit flat...I thought Seth Rogens voice didnt suit Paul..The usual Simon Pegg and Nick Frost humour, Spaced-Lite :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    ( this morning ) Species..i love this film lol
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Watched Klute last night on BBC 2. Great film. Still very tense now. Jane Fonda was a revelation. 9/10
  • Options
    GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Under the Skin 7/10

Visually very good, the hidden camera stuff fascinating, Scarlett brilliant, Music works, and yet not really involving at all.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I prefer the first one too. I think Rowan Atkinson is very funny but I guess the first one was more original. Plus, I missed Bough from the second movie too

^^ Completely agree with what you put. I missed Bough too :( their chemistry in the first one was hilarious and sadly missed in the sequel.
  • Options
    fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched The Arrival (1996) not seen it in ages and now is a very 90s film but it was OK a 6 out of 10 from me.
  • Options
    bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    The Sixth Sense - 8/10
  • Options
    InTheLoopInTheLoop Posts: 6,595
    Forum Member
    At World's End - stupid and nowhere near a funny or good as the first two films in the trilogy - 3/10
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SOLOMAN KANE - 6/10
    typical middle ages action romp, nothing special
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    THE WIND RISES - 7/10
    beautiful final movie from THE master of the anime movie, superbly animated and brightly coloured .....

except it's BADLY misjudged in tone, for such a heavy and weighty subject, it's whimsy really did offset me watching it!

a mix of GRAVE OF THE FIREFLIES and PORKO ROSSO ..... you'd be better off watching those, and only one for the completists i'm afraid!

SOLDIER - 9/10
    a simple premise but executed very well, and kurt russell's thousand yard stare just buries itself into you!
  • Options
    Ancient IDTVAncient IDTV Posts: 10,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Capricorn One - Hadn't seen this for decades. Worth re-watching.

Now I'm on with Miami Vice season one, a series I hardly bothered with back in the day, but which is proving to be very enjoyable.
  • Options
    spiney2spiney2 Posts: 27,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rushmore. 7/10

geeky people finding odd happiness in weird ways in usa high school. not much plot but fine acting and quite entertaining. sorta "hotel new hampshire reloaded".

bill murray discovered acting in this, apparently.

brian cox looks very old but maybe thats makeup
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched Klute last night on BBC 2. Great film. Still very tense now. Jane Fonda was a revelation. 9/10

mr lizard eyes sutherland was never more lizard eyed than in this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CLL Dodge wrote: »
    Elizabeth [1998]. Director: Shekhar Kapur

6/10

I found this a bit of mess. Fussy direction full of daft camera angles, comic casting (Kathy Burke as Queen Mary, Angus Deayton as some court official, Eric Cantona as the French ambassador, Wayne Sleep as - what else - a dance tutor), a fanciful screenplay and Elgar's Nimrod bizarrely blaring out over the climax. The Aussies (Blanchett and Rush) won the Baftas but Christopher Eccleston stood out for me as the main baddie. He's briefly re-united with his Our Friends from the North co-star Daniel Craig who plays an emissary from the Pope with a licence to kill.

for me it was wrecked by blanchett constantly looking into the camera. presumably intended for some sort of "effect" but just downright distracting .....

quentin crisp was a much better q.e.1 in Orlando .....

bette davis was also a much better qe1.

"your majesty, this small white thing is called a potato" ..........
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Last Starfighter (1984) was an ok film but does show its age now 5 out of 10.

it was 1st movie with all cgi spaceships instead of models. they now look rather bland but the going down a tunnel, and rotating laser weapon, sequences could not have been done any other way.

i like it for a very mid 80s feeling with yougish lad coming of age, video games from that era, little boy reading Playboy, and gung ho usa optimism from the Reagan era ......
  • Options
    ScooterwolfScooterwolf Posts: 2,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Purge Anarchy - 6/10

Lots of different characters to focus on this time
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Brain Machine [1954]. Director: Ken Hughes

5/10

Routine British crime thriller despite the title promising something more (it's just doctors using an EEG machine to identify a potentially psychotic patient).
  • Options
    JackassfanJackassfan Posts: 3,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe (2013) 8/10
    Letters To Angel (Kirjad Inglile) (2011) 7/10
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Betty Blue, long version.

Never seen it before, absolutely loved it.

7/10
  • Options
    kate36kate36 Posts: 13,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i watched about two thirds of 'the negotatior' the other night....excellent film but i was tired so i switched off!!
  • Options
    ste likes boobsste likes boobs Posts: 677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The New Planet of the Aps film.

Was pretty good. No where near as good as the 2011 film, so I was slightly disappointed.

6/10
  • Options
    NicoleRichNicoleRich Posts: 2,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Princess & the Frog

expected much better, it was alright though.
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Devil's Due. Decent enough, but the whole plot line wasn't explained at all, so made the film kinda pointless in the end.
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Betty Blue, long version.
    so was he digitally enhanced. :confused::o
This discussion has been closed.