Options

Celtic nation UK

maidinscotlandmaidinscotland Posts: 5,648
Forum Member
To the members of the English electorate who tactically voted conservative to 'keep the SNP out' - bet you feel stupid now.

Cameron didn't win in Scotland, neither did he win in Wales, funnily enough he didn't win in N. Ireland either, hhhmm but yet he's PM again for 5 years, seems legit. I think it's time to liberate England from the UK. I'd happily stay in the UK with Wales and N.I so instead of independence why don't we just boot England and their ridiculous excuse for a democracy out on their bahookey. Since they just force unelected rule on people - which is more like an occupation than anything else.

- and how do people usually deal with forced occupation?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    Give it a rest as you are looking pretty swivel eyed here.
  • Options
    Sky_GuySky_Guy Posts: 6,859
    Forum Member
    Not at all!

Im part Scottish, and I did not want the SNP having any power in England.

And now they don't (they still might try and cause something, but they can only try)

The sweetest victory.
  • Options
    ZeraseZerase Posts: 475
    Forum Member
    What about those of us in Scotland who didn't vote SNP? 95% of the seats, yet only about 50% of the votes? Non SNP voters in Scotland are virtually unrepresented in Westminster now.
  • Options
    AshbourneAshbourne Posts: 3,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To the members of the English electorate who tactically voted conservative to 'keep the SNP out' - bet you feel stupid now.

Cameron didn't win in Scotland, neither did he win in Wales, funnily enough he didn't win in N. Ireland either, hhhmm but yet he's PM again for 5 years, seems legit. I think it's time to liberate England from the UK. I'd happily stay in the UK with Wales and N.I so instead of independence why don't we just boot England and their ridiculous excuse for a democracy out on their bahookey. Since they just force unelected rule on people - which is more like an occupation than anything else.

To be fair, over 1000 of them were protesting about it in London last night. You can't tar a whole nation with the same brush.

Only 36% of the UK voted Conservative.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ashbourne wrote: »
    To be fair, over 1000 of them were protesting about it in London last night. You can't tar a whole nation with the same brush.

Only 36% of the UK voted Conservative.

Really, they were saying down with democracy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sky_Guy wrote: »
    Not at all!

Im part Scottish, and I did not want the SNP having any power in England.

And now they don't (they still might try and cause something, but they can only try)

The sweetest victory.

Why??? We are still part of the UK

Or did you fall for the media hype that they were the big bad enemy?
  • Options
    Forum Member

Or did you fall for the media hype that they were the big bad enemy?

Yes, but if Ed was in number 10, the SNP would have him around the neck.

The SNP want to break the UK apart, and if they had a hand in the English matters, they would seek to do anything they could to aid this ambition.
  • Options
    delegate zerodelegate zero Posts: 2,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The SNP want to break the UK apart, and if they had a hand in the English matters, they would seek to do anything they could to aid this ambition.

you want to keep the union together, yet recognise that we have nothing in common, politically.

thats a recipe for disaster.

face it, your union is in it's death throes.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Fell for the media hype then? Thanks for confirming. I suppose you can take comfort in the fact you weren't alone.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    you want to keep the union together, yet recognise that we have nothing in common, politically.

thats a recipe for disaster.

And you think that is a good thing, the glamour of an independent Scotland will soon melt away and harsh reality will become ever clear to you all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Fell for the media hype then? Thanks for confirming. I suppose you can take comfort in the fact you weren't alone.

She (SNP leader) has already said today days after the election she wants a referendum by 2017.

God knows what she would have tried if she was with Ed.
  • Options
    delegate zerodelegate zero Posts: 2,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And you think that is a good thing, the glamour of an independent Scotland will soon melt away and harsh reality will become ever clear to you all.

you'd rather things stayed the same? countries growing further apart, but bound together for eternity?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    you'd rather things stayed the same? countries growing further apart, but bound together for eternity?

It is beneficial for the UK to have Scotland in it, but I understand the Scots want out.

I would rather the UK stayed as it is.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She (SNP leader) has already said today days after the election she wants a referendum by 2017.

No she didn't. Why are you making things up?
  • Options
    Forum Member

Sky_Guy's gone quiet....funny that!
  • Options
    alaninmcralaninmcr Posts: 1,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Isn't 2017 the year for the EU referendum as wanted by the Tories?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sky_Guy's gone quiet....funny that!

Oops....
  • Options
    JT2060JT2060 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member

It certainly is, and cannot come too soon.

I have no idea why there is this 'Cameron doesn't want to be the PM responsible for the break up of the Union' angle being peddled time after time. He would be hailed as a hero down here.
  • Options
    Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,925
    Forum Member
    JT2060 wrote: »
    It certainly is, and cannot come too soon.

I have no idea why there is this 'Cameron doesn't want to be the PM responsible for the break up of the Union' angle being peddled time after time. He would be hailed as a hero down here.

It's his personal ethic. As Nick Robinson said, Cameron is an old-style Tory - he believes in Church and State, the Monarchy and the Union.
  • Options
    2+2=52+2=5 Posts: 24,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Do you really expect to get anywhere by calling people stupid?

Theres a lot to be said about the result, and about the SNP and their wins in Scotland. No doubt. I just wonder at the majority of the animosity towards citizens who democratically vote. I think you need to consider the numbers who said no at the recent independence referendum - they have a voice as much as those who do want independence - even Nicola Sturgeon has recognised the challenge she faces to unite all these views in Scotland.
  • Options
    PretzelPretzel Posts: 7,858
    Forum Member
    This is just a personal opinion.. But I was quite glad when the No vote won, now however, sad as it would be I wouldn't mind Scottish independance, then perhaps we could all move on.

I'm not Scottish, but my family is and by virtue of them moving to London made me English. Well still British. I love Scotland and many of it's people and always will but I don't know, I'm getting tired of the anti English rhetoric as well, so good luck to them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pretzel wrote: »
    This is just a personal opinion.. But I was quite glad when the No vote won, now however, sad as it would be I wouldn't mind Scottish independance, then perhaps we could all move on.

I'm not Scottish, but my family is and by virtue of them moving to London made me English. Well still British. I love Scotland and many of it's people and always will but I don't know, I'm getting tired of the anti English rhetoric as well, so good luck to them.

Anti English rhetoric? Apart from this thread, where have you heard this? All I have heard is the opposite.

Why are people in England taking our wish for self determination so personally? The Welsh and Northern Irish aren't!!

It's not about you, it's about us!
  • Options
    PretzelPretzel Posts: 7,858
    Forum Member
    Anti English rhetoric? Apart from this thread, where have you heard this? All I have heard is the opposite.

Why are people in England taking our wish for self determination so personally? The Welsh and Northern Irish aren't!!

It's not about you, it's about us!

And that's fine. I can't speak for all (or any other) English people, as I said it's entirely a personal opinion of mine which is no doubt coloured by my family history. And a such I would be sad to see Scotland go, that's all.

Of course it's noting to do with me, I'm English and don't get a right to vote on it. That said I do feel a bit sad for my Scottish mother who doesn't either, but there you go...
  • Options
    Forum Member

I am not making anything up.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/SNP/11595485/We-are-now-main-opposition-to-Tories-Nicola-Sturgeon-says.html
    Scotland’s First Minister suggested another vote on independence could be triggered as early as 2017 if Britain votes to leave the European Union against Scotland's will.

However she said it was not “controversial” to say Scotland will become independent and said she hopes to see the country leave the UK in her lifetime.

Reading between the lines with what Mr Salmond has said, it seems clear to me.
  • Options
    BahtatBahtat Posts: 756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

But you're not part of England.