Options

Hollyoaks spoilers!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,006
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Monday, July 21

The repercussions of Darren's lie weigh heavy on him. Frankie is on autopilot, while the rest of the family are falling apart. Sasha is frustrated at being mollycoddled by her family, whereas Lauren wants a bit of encouragement and attention.

Mandy tries to get to grips with smoothie making while Cindy laments how hard done by she is. But Cindy perks up when Warren drops by, even if he does have a fiancée.

And Elliot is surprised to find Sarah waiting on his bed for him.

Tuesday, July 22

Kieron prepares for his interview in the SU, while John Paul has an idea after overhearing a conversation between Mandy and Louis.

John Paul pitches his gay night idea to a reluctant Warren, who is even less enthusiastic when he discovers John Paul wants a slice of the profits.

Danny persuades Sasha to take part in a cup cake bake-off to stave off the boredom of her house arrest.

And Steph and Kris are impressed with Frankie's resolve as she attempts to carry on with life at the pub, but she's falling apart inside.

Wednesday, July 23

The Valentines frantically search for missing Sasha in the hope of finding her before Calvin and Carmel return from holiday.

Tony is driving Jacqui mad with his constant fretting over baby Max, so Jacqui takes Max out for the day with Mercedes, who has a gift in mind for her nephew.

At the SU bar, Jacqui unexpectedly attacks Amy over a music box they both want to buy.

And Kieron is struggling to fit into life outside the church so he offers to help flyer for John Paul'sgay night at The Loft.

Thursday, July 24

The McQueens have a naming ceremony for baby Max. Dreading it, Tina and Dom put on a brave face, but it all proves too much for Tina when she reveals that Russ is the father.

John Paul realises Kieron has given a lot up to be with him and shows him how committed he is to their relationship by asking him to marry him.

Sasha is still missing.

And Justin and Ste's debt collecting work is proving easy when Myra hands over the karaoke machine without a fight.

Friday, July 25

Amy is thrilled with the karaoke machine that Ste brought home and takes it round to the Barnes' for an afternoon of fun, but Sarah has other plans.

John Paul and Kieron tell Niall about their engagement but agree to keep it a secret until they've told Myra.

Tina tells Tony and Jacqui that she's registered Max's birth.

Elliot buys Sarah a necklace to prove how much she means to him.

Malachy turns up unexpectedly and tells Kris that Eamonn is missing

Comments

• Options
    FrancyFrancy Posts: 10,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where did you get these spoilers? Are they from Waveguide? If so, you should link to their site as they requested, and not copy and paste..or they will gey pissed off again, and withdraw their HO spoiler section again!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    deleted
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who is
    Malachy
    :confused:
  • Options
    mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    WaiteLover wrote: »
    Who is
    Malachy
    :confused:

Kris' brother.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just despise Jacqui. She is possibly the most unlikeable character I have seen on the soap in a long time. Her relationship with Tony makes no sense at all.
  • Options
    Miffy290580Miffy290580 Posts: 10,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMG
    Tina tells them about Russ being the babydaddy!! :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor Tina and Dom....Jacqui and Tina are in the same situ (not being able to have children) but seeing as Tina gave birth you think she'd be more sympathetic instead of blackmailing her. It's just cruel. Shocked she confesses Russ is the dad, but I spose it is a trump card to that b*tch of a sister of hers who no longer has any dirt on her to keep baby Max!
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,274
    Forum Member
    More boring JP to come then :rolleyes: when is he leaving?

The rest sounds ok though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    It would be greatly appreciated if you do not copy Hollyoaks storylines from Waveguide and post them here.

The spoilers above were copied from Waveguide. I inserted a typo - which has been copied and published here.

Many thanks
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why cant we copy the spoilers from waveguide?

afterall waveguide copied the spoilers from another site
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sorry but you're wrong there.

The spoilers are provided to Waveguide by Channel 4 Press Office.

It's only a small request - its so easy to ask someone to follow a link.
  • Options
    James LamontJames Lamont Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John - I really hope you don't stop providing the spoilers on the site, because people like me appreciate them a lot and your site itself.

But I do think it is out of order that this keeps happening, the last time this happened on this forum I commented on it and that was earlier this week. I was thinking about how to stop it, I am not sure how good your web skills are, but what do you think about making it so people cannot just copy and paste them? ie: if they tried to copy them or press ctrl-C a dialogue message appears saying something like "Sorry you cannot copy these spoilers without permission of John Cull and Waveguide, please link to this page if you want to use them" So if they wanted to copy them to another site they would need to copy them by typing them out themsleves? Which would be a lot of an effort and hopefully stop them doing it.

It may seem a bit OTT, but it just seems unfair that people keep taking advantage of your site and something should be done?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    James

Many thanks for your suggestion.

I don't really want to do that - I would hope people understand.

I notice other Hollyoaks related areas on DS are following my request and that's greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    James LamontJames Lamont Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James

I notice other Hollyoaks related areas on DS are following my request and that's greatly appreciated.

Fair enough, it just seems like a bit of a pain for you. I hope you would consider what I said if it got bad again rather than removing them entierly? Because then everyone would loose out.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for those :)
  • Options
    Arcane2Arcane2 Posts: 13,409
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope Elliot gets laid.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think there will be some good storylines coming up other the next few months such as
    Newt being diagnoised with Schizophrenia
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    John - I really hope you don't stop providing the spoilers on the site, because people like me appreciate them a lot and your site itself.

But I do think it is out of order that this keeps happening, the last time this happened on this forum I commented on it and that was earlier this week. I was thinking about how to stop it, I am not sure how good your web skills are, but what do you think about making it so people cannot just copy and paste them? ie: if they tried to copy them or press ctrl-C a dialogue message appears saying something like "Sorry you cannot copy these spoilers without permission of John Cull and Waveguide, please link to this page if you want to use them" So if they wanted to copy them to another site they would need to copy them by typing them out themsleves? Which would be a lot of an effort and hopefully stop them doing it.

It may seem a bit OTT, but it just seems unfair that people keep taking advantage of your site and something should be done?
    It is OTT, this is the internet, the information is not copyrighted and if they don't want to share their spoilers, don't post them on the internet. C4 should limit the people it gives spoilers to because they obviously cannot handle people sharing them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    James

I think you are out of order.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Francy wrote: »
    Where did you get these spoilers? Are they from Waveguide? If so, you should link to their site as they requested, and not copy and paste..or they will gey pissed off again, and withdraw their HO spoiler section again!

I think people should ask C4 to post more spoilers on the Hollyoaks Official website, so people can't get annoyed.
  • Options
    conmarcas3conmarcas3 Posts: 5,260
    Forum Member
    IndigoGirl wrote: »
    It is OTT, this is the internet, the information is not copyrighted and if they don't want to share their spoilers, don't post them on the internet. C4 should limit the people it gives spoilers to because they obviously cannot handle people sharing them.

Yes, it is the internet, but things are still copyrighted. I understand exactly how he feels. I am the owner of a Yahoo group and every time I post an admin or a special notice to our group, the owner of the neighbouring group copies it, changes it to her group name and posts it to the rest of their group. I work long and hard to come up with these posts sometimes and I find it lazy, ignorant and foolish to do this.:mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    conmarcas3 wrote: »
    Yes, it is the internet, but things are still copyrighted. I understand exactly how he feels. I am the owner of a Yahoo group and every time I post an admin or a special notice to our group, the owner of the neighbouring group copies it, changes it to her group name and posts it to the rest of their group. I work long and hard to come up with these posts sometimes and I find it lazy, ignorant and foolish to do this.:mad:

Unless you officially copyright something you haven't got a leg to stand on, so your time and effort, you are not losing money by someone copying something, or are you saying you have never borrowed a book, cd, or dvd or read someone elses magazine? Not paying for those things, or copied pictures from the net, not paying royalties.... etc... some perspective is needed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    IndigoGirl wrote: »

Let's put it this way - I understand what you are saying. I've never spoken about copyright at all - that is not really the issue, neither is sharing them.

I provide Waveguide at no cost - the cost of running the site is covered by advertising. There is some chance that if someone reads the spoilers on the Waveguide site, they may just click on one of the ads, thereby generating a little revenue.

They can't click on the ads if the text is read away from Waveguide.

It is merely a request.

I am not inexperienced or irresponsible in the provision of Waveguide - I've been doing it since 1985, quite successfully and without upsetting anyone.
  • Options
    Mel1314Mel1314 Posts: 2,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMG
    Tina tells them about Russ being the babydaddy!! :eek:

:eek: I didn't expect that to happen for quite a while!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't Tina doing that to get back at Jacqui, as Tina registers the birth of the baby, I wander how her hubby will take that.