Get Ipod Classic or hold off for Zune?

Hutchy_MuseHutchy_Muse Posts: 7,080
Forum Member
I'm taking a giant leap from my 2gb Ipod Nano 2nd gen to either an 80gb Classic or an 80gb Zune (mainly for movies). Now, I know the Zune has been continuously delayed for a UK release (Is it even 100% coming out over here??), and I really like the look of both of them, but I would want a new portable device by the summer (going traveling). Online buying isn't an option. So, should I bother to wait & see if the Zune actually get's a release over here, or just get an Ipod 80gb for Christmas?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,965
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iPod Touch. It blows both away.
  • Hutchy_MuseHutchy_Muse Posts: 7,080
    Forum Member
    But 8gb isn't enough & I can't afford the 16 & 32gb
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,965
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But 8gb isn't enough & I can't afford the 16 & 32gb

Save your pennies and get the 16GB! I think its just 20 pounds more than the Classic. You do lose out on disk space but gain so much more in functionality. Thats my recommendation anyway.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,389
    Forum Member
    Save your pennies and get the 16GB! I think its just 20 pounds more than the Classic. You do lose out on disk space but gain so much more in functionality. Thats my recommendation anyway.

Using Amazon, you can get a 120GB Classic for £163, 16GB Touch is £210.
  • ScottishwhiteScottishwhite Posts: 1,236
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or you can get the Creative X-Fi 8Gb Zen mp4 player. Stonking sound from the supplied earphones, bundled software for conversion of movies and s SDHC card slot (a further 16Gb) Click here

Splash out a bit more and get the 16Gb player (which comes with wireless) Click here
  • Hutchy_MuseHutchy_Muse Posts: 7,080
    Forum Member
    Or you can get the Creative X-Fi 8Gb Zen mp4 player. Stonking sound from the supplied earphones, bundled software for conversion of movies and s SDHC card slot (a further 16Gb) Click here

Splash out a bit more and get the 16Gb player (which comes with wireless) Click here

Nah thanks, not a fan of Zen's meself :p
  • darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Argos are now doing the 16gb Ipod touch with software update for £149 until the 18th Nov. I am very tempted :D