What has happened to Davros? Will we ever see him again?

tiggerpoohtiggerpooh Posts: 4,182
Forum Member
✭✭✭
As you all know, Davros appeared to be blown up in Journey's End, when the Crucible exploded. But, I wouldn't like to think that he is gone forever.

I'd like to see the Doctor have to face him, one more time. I like Davros. Terry Malloy played him very well, during the 80s, and Julian Bleach was quite good too. Resurection of the Daleks was brilliant! Especially when the Fifth Doctor confronted Davros in the last episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9NttGB9oOw

So what do you lot think? Could Davros have escaped just before the explosion?

Here is the scene again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=rX7rWOLFGqA

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mark my words he will appear again in 2018 marking 10 years since his last appearance :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Davros is not dead. RTD himself said he didn't kill him. Even if he said that he killed him, there is no doubt that one day Davros will return. Not dying is one of his things. Hopefully he'll have a chance to go up against Twelve.
  • Sara_PeplowSara_Peplow Posts: 1,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's the great thing about DW villains they can allways come back.
  • davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    Mrfipp wrote: »
    Davros is not dead. RTD himself said he didn't kill him. Even if he said that he killed him, there is no doubt that one day Davros will return. Not dying is one of his things. Hopefully he'll have a chance to go up against Twelve.

I believe this is the only reason RTD wrote the DoctorDonna as saying "unseal the vault" :)
  • saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Davros will never die. Ever. So yes he will be back. Probably within the next couple of seasons (if we get them).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps it would be interesting to see him as a Kaled before the mutation?
  • Benjamin SiskoBenjamin Sisko Posts: 1,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There have always been large gaps in his appearances, (1975, 1979, 1984, 1985, 1988.) so I don't doubt he'll be back some time! Maybe not by Julian Bleach, but someone!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Almost did in Journey's End. The scenes exist in script form, just never got filmed. JE was already too long, had to be cut. Great scenes, though.

ETA: http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=jpJr1q1LxUMC&pg=PA313&lpg=PA313&dq=davros+rtd+writer's+tale&source=bl&ots=54DuJsOot0&sig=91DKsI75rIWpX3pNnxhWImvwpRA&hl=en&sa=X&ei=T-JbU6y2CcSVO4vugfAO&ved=0CEAQ6AEwAg#v=onepage&q&f=false Here you go, here's the link.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rwebster wrote: »
    Almost did in Journey's End. The scenes exist in script form, just never got filmed. JE was already too long, had to be cut. Great scenes, though.

ETA: http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=jpJr1q1LxUMC&pg=PA313&lpg=PA313&dq=davros+rtd+writer's+tale&source=bl&ots=54DuJsOot0&sig=91DKsI75rIWpX3pNnxhWImvwpRA&hl=en&sa=X&ei=T-JbU6y2CcSVO4vugfAO&ved=0CEAQ6AEwAg#v=onepage&q&f=false Here you go, here's the link.

Ah yes! I read The Writer's Tale, I forgot all about that scene. It would have been really great; perhaps when Davros does return we'll be able to see something similar, maybe exploring those origins further than just a brief flashback.
  • doctor blue boxdoctor blue box Posts: 7,338
    Forum Member
    An episode with davros and the master teaming up would be epic. I'd like to say against a TARDIS team, which, for that episode included both Jack and River but that's probably asking a bit much. Though that being said, the last davros episode did include every companion from the revived series up to that point, so it's not completely imposible.

Anyway. Davros return? Yes please! asap.:)
  • bigheatherbigheather Posts: 694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's a great credit to the showrunners that they didn't bring him back quickly. I hope to see some fantastic interplay between Davros and Capaldi's Doctor
  • MulettMulett Posts: 9,057
    Forum Member
    Back in the 80s, I remember a lot of letters to Doctor Who Monthly (as it was then) complaining that there weren't any Dalek stories anymore - because every time the Daleks appeared the story had Davros in it and so all the stories were about him, not them.

Personally, I'm very happy that we now have pure Dalek stories again, and that Davros' one appearance has come and gone. If he appears again at some point in the future then that's fine, as long as its contained and doesn't bleed into every Dalek story thereafter.

In fact, it would be superb to have a Davros story with no Daleks - perhaps where he's trying to create a new race or something.
    Forum Member
    Mulett wrote: »
    Back in the 80s, I remember a lot of letters to Doctor Who Monthly (as it was then) complaining that there weren't any Dalek stories anymore - because every time the Daleks appeared the story had Davros in it and so all the stories were about him, not them.

Personally, I'm very happy that we now have pure Dalek stories again, and that Davros' one appearance has come and gone. If he appears again at some point in the future then that's fine, as long as its contained and doesn't bleed into every Dalek story thereafter.

In fact, it would be superb to have a Davros story with no Daleks - perhaps where he's trying to create a new race or something.
    I can see how that would have been annoying at the time, but now it's the other way around where we have multitudes of dalek only stories but a complete lack of davros except from one solitary story where he was fantastic, which is probably why those of us like myself too young to see classic who when it was new, who's only experience of him in our era was that one story are so eager to see more of him.

Also I agree a davros without daleks story would be a great idea. Would be great to see how he interacts with the doctor when starved of the aid of his creations.
    Forum Member
    I can see how that would have been annoying at the time, but now it's the other way around where we have multitudes of dalek only stories but a complete lack of davros except from one solitary story where he was fantastic, which is probably why those of us like myself too young to see classic who when it was new, who's only experience of him in our era was that one story are so eager to see more of him.

God that made me feel old lol :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Or Davros has gone through therapy, settled down with a lovely wife, and unfortunately the Tardis materialises on top of her...and it all kicks off again
    Forum Member
    bigheather wrote: »
    Or Davros has gone through therapy, settled down with a lovely wife, and unfortunately the Tardis materialises on top of her...and it all kicks off again

Yes, that would also be good. Maybe he had married Mel?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, that would also be good. Maybe he had married Mel?

After murdering her first husband Sabalom Glitz
    Forum Member
    bigheather wrote: »
    Hahaha :D
  • NoseyLouieNoseyLouie Posts: 5,651
    Forum Member

That would be great to see Davros' backstory, it could be very interesting, I hope they do go down that route, Seeing as they touched on it with the Master.
  • robdxrobdx Posts: 383
    Forum Member
    NoseyLouie wrote: »
    That would be great to see Davros' backstory, it could be very interesting, I hope they do go down that route, Seeing as they touched on it with the Master.

Its already been done in audio

http://www.drwhoguide.com/davros01.htm
    http://www.drwhoguide.com/davros02.htm
    http://www.drwhoguide.com/davros03.htm
    http://www.drwhoguide.com/davros04.htm
  • NoseyLouieNoseyLouie Posts: 5,651
    Forum Member
    robdx wrote: »

Well I don't follow the audiobooks, would like to see it on screen preferably with the family :D