Self Install - Same cables?

TGITCTGITC Posts: 2,765
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Got a brand new box to replace failing one - It comes with a 'pink' ended HDMI cable. Is this a 'better' cable than the standard HDMI I already have in place, or just colour coded?

I know its a silly question, but I thought I'd post first to check. Saves me swapping the perfectly good one I have now for the other, which is awkward as its a 'hidden' cable...

Comments

• mooxmoox Posts: 18,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just colour coded I think. I assume Sky aren't buying the absolute cheapest but if you've got some Poundland one that you've used as a skipping rope a few times the Sky cable will probably be better.

The power cable is also colour coded I think.

If you don't notice any problems with the picture/sound there is nothing to worry about.
  • TGITCTGITC Posts: 2,765
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cool - Just thought I'd check first. The cable I'm using came from sky with the 500GB box - I'm just plugging in a new 2TB version box...
  • Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,330
    Forum Member
    TGITC wrote: »
    Cool - Just thought I'd check first. The cable I'm using came from sky with the 500GB box - I'm just plugging in a new 2TB version box...

As moox has already said, it's just colour coded to make it more 'idiot proof' for self-installs, likewise the mains lead is coded blue.

The HDMI leads are perfectly good ones.
  • TGITCTGITC Posts: 2,765
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As moox has already said, it's just colour coded to make it more 'idiot proof' for self-installs, likewise the mains lead is coded blue.

The HDMI leads are perfectly good ones.

Thanks - End of thread then I guess :)

Gonna do install tomorrow afternoon

Cheers!