What is the most money you have ever bet on a sporting event

sergio2006sergio2006 Posts: 3,590
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Question is in the title. Mine was about £50 on man utd to qualify for round 4 of the fa cup against a minnow team last year i think, i think i only won about £20.

Am seriously thinking of putting big money on liverpool tonight on a to win, draw-no bet possibly

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 363
    Forum Member
    £1.00 & I won £5 something... on a horse.

I'm not into betting

It's for mugs.
  • MartinJMartinJ Posts: 10,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    £100 on 17
  • sergio2006sergio2006 Posts: 3,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DK71 wrote: »
    I'm not into betting. It's for mugs.

Not wrong there, it does make sports more interesting though
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,428
    Forum Member
    In total probably the £21 I bet on Ricky Hatton at the weekend (£15 to win fight and £6 to win inside 12 rounds) how wrong I was.

Before that probably £15 on Tiger Woods to win the Fed-EX cup the day he annouced he wouldn't be playing in the 1st play-off event. As no-one seemed to know how the Fed-Ex cup worked or the points bookies saw that as him handicapping himself severely so his odds went up. Won about £60 on that one.

Being in the Golf Trade I admit to have the odd dabble on a Saturday for the winner of that weeks event. Usually still get good odds even at eachway on a Top 4 or 5 finish. By the end of the 3rd round I know who's going to be top 5 so can usually make a few quid.
  • The Exiled DubThe Exiled Dub Posts: 8,358
    Forum Member
    My first and only foray into gambling was for the grand sum of £1. I lost, and have never had the urge to gamble again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I once gambled £1200 on a rugby match, I won and won £600. Paid off a credit card with that one.
  • CANDYANGELCANDYANGEL Posts: 21,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probabley £5 on the Grand National, split on a few horses to win or each way. I've won a few times on that, and the most was about £21.
  • CANDYANGELCANDYANGEL Posts: 21,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DK71 wrote: »
    £1.00 & I won £5 something... on a horse.

I'm not into betting

It's for mugs.

Theres nothing wrong with having a small bet on Events such as The Grand National, but all the time is a bit mad and putting loads on, fair enough if you are rich anyway but I wouldn't dare risk money I simply could not afford to lose.
  • LuxxyLuxxy Posts: 18,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've only ever bet on the Grand National and that's been no more than a £10, my horse came second this year - soooo close!!
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 102,976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    £ 10 is probably my biggest ever single bet.........it was on 'Desert Orchid' to win the King George

It was the year that he didn't win it.............:cool:

My biggest ever multiple bet would be a 50p Yankee.......

Big stakes never turned me on................:cool:
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't bet very often but for the recent England-Croatia game, Croatia were 7/1 which was ridiculous odds. I put 20 quid on and won - I just wish I had the nerve to put some more on.