Grant Shapps....

1235»

Comments

• LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't even know why I like this man something about him I like but he's made a complete balls up of this and made himself look like a complete idiot. He's in too high a position in the Conservative ranks for my liking.

Well, I suppose he's just proof of how easy it is for complete idiots to get to the top of political parties. There's plenty of examples on both front benches.
  • MattXfactorMattXfactor Posts: 3,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »
    Well, I suppose he's just proof of how easy it is for complete idiots to get to the top of political parties. There's plenty of examples on both front benches.

I'd agree with you there
  • GibsonSGGibsonSG Posts: 23,681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Indeed. In the words of the much underestimated John Major "the public are too stupid by two thirds".
  • niceguy1966niceguy1966 Posts: 29,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Must be about time for someone to call for higher salaries for MPs so we attract better candidates. The fact that so many MPs are ex-Eton, Oxford and Cambridge seems to be frequently ignored.
  • Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Must be about time for someone to call for higher salaries for MPs so we attract better candidates. The fact that so many MPs are ex-Eton, Oxford and Cambridge seems to be frequently ignored.

Except that most of the candidates come from within the party so it becomes a self perpetuating system. Besides given that being an MP can be very lucrative in itself I doubt if many are discouraged by the pay.