Emmerdale - Katie am i missing something?

Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,550
Forum Member
✭✭
I dont understand why she was so horrible to Jenny today :confused: demanding to know why Jenny didnt tell her about Chas and Cameron, why would it be any of her business?

Comments

• HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She got to be the dullest self adsorbed character ever, she suppose to be Chas's best friend yet she was making it all about her, they need to axe the Macey family they're just so boring.
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 79,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Harlowe wrote: »
    She got to be the dullest self adsorbed character ever, she suppose to be Chas's best friend yet she was making it all about her, they need to axe the Macey family they're just so boring.

Your post is spot on!
  • Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Harlowe wrote: »

Yeah her main gripe seemed to be that because a man was murdered on her wedding day it ruined her dream day. How utterly selfish! Also the fact it happened nowhere near her venue and she didnt find out about it until after her honeymoon just makes her behavior even worse.
  • katiemackkatiemack Posts: 7,837
    Forum Member
    She was annoying me tonight all I could think was how she'd had an affair with her brother in law which resulted in devastation for the family including Jack getting shot!!

Just worried that she missed out on some juicy gossip!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's an annoying character now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she`s a stuck up cow always has been .
  • Anya DAnya D Posts: 14,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her arguments didn't make any sense.
    She seemed to think she had a right to know about the affair, mainly because "I was practically paying for her wedding...". No, you weren't. You agreed to share your reception, which was bank rolled by Declan.
    She was shocked that Debbie found out before she did. Well it actually affects Debbie you self-absorbed little cow.

Leave Gennie alone. She was in an almost impossible position.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is just a plot device to create some drama for the boring Maceys. By now, we should be used to character suddenly becoming OTT vile. It's the Stuart Blackburn's touch.
    As a revenge Gennie is going to tell Megan that Katie set up Robbit. Megan is gonna use it to get even with Declan. Declan and Katie are going to argue. Katie falls into the mineshaft. After almost losing her, everything is forgiven. He sends Megan and Mini Macey packing ... but they'll come back.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 336
    Forum Member
    I usually stick up for Katie but tonight i really didn't see why her not knowing about Chas and Cameron was Gennie's fault. Robbie's behaviour was out of order a few weeks back and i was on her side but since she said 'I do' shes had a personality change and its not nice!
  • CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont understand why she was so horrible to Jenny today :confused: demanding to know why Jenny didnt tell her about Chas and Cameron, why would it be any of her business?

Like so many characters in ED Blackburn has decided to completely change a characters personality.
    :eek:

I'd say i'm shocked but I am not.
  • sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bergy87 wrote: »
    I usually stick up for Katie but tonight i really didn't see why her not knowing about Chas and Cameron was Gennie's fault. Robbie's behaviour was out of order a few weeks back and i was on her side but since she said 'I do' shes had a personality change and its not nice!

Yeah I do agree with you here. She was ok before now has just got soooooo up herself!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its just naff plot development, that makes Katie to be the new queen bitch so Megan can have her alies getting back at her and her bro.

Just like they have turned Diane into the oar who keeps just demanding people tell her their busines ..its total crud
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    Yeah her main gripe seemed to be that because a man was murdered on her wedding day it ruined her dream day. How utterly selfish! Also the fact it happened nowhere near her venue and she didnt find out about it until after her honeymoon just makes her behavior even worse.

I know :D I found it highly amusing. Nasty man getting himself murdered on Katie's big day. Not sure what Gennie telling her would have achieved anyway :confused: What would she have done with the information that Cameron and Chas had an affair? Disallowed Chas from getting married? She may live at the manor house but don't think she's that powerful :cool:

From what I remember anyway Chas wasn't begging to be married with Katie, indeed it was more Katie pushing it.
    MissLola wrote: »
    This is just a plot device to create some drama for the boring Maceys. By now, we should be used to character suddenly becoming OTT vile. It's the Stuart Blackburn's touch.
    As a revenge Gennie is going to tell Megan that Katie set up Robbit. Megan is gonna use it to get even with Declan. Declan and Katie are going to argue. Katie falls into the mineshaft. After almost losing her, everything is forgiven. He sends Megan and Mini Macey packing ... but they'll come back.

You're right of course Lola. In fact it could hardly be clearer that it was a plot device as it made no sense as everyone has spotted :rolleyes:

What I never understood was why Declan diddled his sis anyway :confused: Was it totally to do with Rob coming onto Katie? Outrageous treatment of Megan imo.
  • riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another character ruined by the stupid writing! Katie wouldn't normally be so OTT in her reactions to things, she's usually much more reasonable, getting hooked up with Declan obviously is not the best thing she has done! I've never really cared much for the character of Katie, ever since she got pregnant with Andy's baby years ago, but she had grown on me a bit in recent times until she got involved with the Maceys!

It really made me mad when she said to Gennie "If you want us to stay mates you'll have this out!" Selfish little cow, as if Gennie owes her life to her or something! God forbid she might prefer to be left alone after just having had a baby! :mad:
  • DixonDixon Posts: 12,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find it a little dissapointing there is so much negativity towards the three 'veteran, but still younger characters' in the show - Katie, Debbie and Andy.

Debbie - lots of votes for the worst ever soap character in a recent poll (think she might even have topped it?) and her limited acting has been called into question.
    Katie - either too nice and dull, but now a stuck up bitch.
    Andy - well past his sell by date and questions about when he became such a crap actor.

I appreciate it's not just those characters who are getting stick at the moment though. There's hardly anyone who isn't getting stick.

But back to tonight.
    This hasn't been an overnight change in Katie.
    It's been creeping in for a while, and as far as i understand it's just a case of showing how money can change some people for the worse without them even knowing it.
    That does happen in real life, so i don't see what's wrong with the way they showing that Katie.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    Katie's Ratings Were Not Necessary. The More She Prattled On, the more Meaningless They Became. I Dislike Her Anyway but tonight, she became so full of herself.

Not One Ounce Of Concern For A..person. who is apparently good friend.

The Macy's Need To Go. They're Pointless.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know why people want Declan out... Jason Merrells is such a great actor. Declan has so much potential if they find a way to use him a bit better.
  • pegasus2pegasus2 Posts: 5,293
    Forum Member
    JarkdeLuxe wrote: »
    I don't know why people want Declan out... Jason Merrells is such a great actor. Declan has so much potential if they find a way to use him a bit better.
    Exactly, but it 's all down to the writers of course. The actors can only work with the drivel they are given to spout. Okay, we all know a new producer is coming in, but by heck has she got an uphill struggle.
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh I agree Jason Merrells it a good actor if you've ever seen his work on Cutting It or Clocking off you will see just how good he can be but his been let down by poor writing and development, they could turn it around for him but the others are just not good characters and it a shame as I thought Gaynor Faye wasn't too bad of a actress but maybe that's when she only working with stuff written by her mother.
  • when0in0romewhen0in0rome Posts: 7,180
    Forum Member
    Dixon wrote: »

But back to tonight.
    It's been creeping in for a while, and as far as i understand it's just a case of showing how money can change some people for the worse without them even knowing it.
    That does happen in real life, so i don't see what's wrong with the way they showing that Katie.

This

As annoying as she is... It's intentional and I think it's been burning away for some time
  • mushymanrobmushymanrob Posts: 17,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    its not real you know, the character katie is only performing what shes been given.

if you have any gripes against the character, blame the writers/producers.

it seems daft to create a thread bemoaning a character as if its her fault.
  • mushymanrobmushymanrob Posts: 17,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dixon wrote: »
    I find it a little dissapointing there is so much negativity towards the three 'veteran, but still younger characters' in the show - Katie, Debbie and Andy.

Debbie - lots of votes for the worst ever soap character in a recent poll (think she might even have topped it?) and her limited acting has been called into question.
    Katie - either too nice and dull, but now a stuck up bitch.
    Andy - well past his sell by date and questions about when he became such a crap actor.

I appreciate it's not just those characters who are getting stick at the moment though. There's hardly anyone who isn't getting stick.

But back to tonight.

and on this we fully agree.
  • mrsdaisychainmrsdaisychain Posts: 3,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Katie was a bit over the top last night, in fact she was horrible to Gennie but I realise it's to allow Gennine to
    spill the beans about Katie setting Robbie up

The way she turned on Nicola too, she was far too demanding.
    She will be heading for a big fall if she throws her weight around like that.
  • TheGreenManTheGreenMan Posts: 633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Declan + Katie = Zero chemistry. :rolleyes:
  • elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member

oh he's a good actor but he is being wasted at the moment. Pairing him with Katie also didn't help. He was much better with Natasha and Ella, I just find the whole Declan Katie romance ridiculous. His past relationships have always been with women who had a brain and were fiesty and mature.