Emmerdale - Past and Present (Part 8)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,496
Administrator
Oldnjaded wrote: »
Yes, I really enjoyed it tonight. But then I really enjoyed Corrie as well and everybody else said it was rubbish. :o

Hard to find anything new to add to the P&P thread, because the same sls seem to be going on forever and everything's already been said. :(
    Admin Notice: This thread is a continuation of: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1776899

Comments

• OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      YAAAY new thread and I had the last word on the old one and the first word on this one.

:cool::cool::cool::cool:
    • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Part 8!!!

Well I said in the last part I was going to try and be positive so with that in mind I'll say that ED was the best soap I watched tonight, it entertained me (even if at times I was grinding my teeth at Gennie, Brenda and D*****! :D)
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      New thread already seriously................

Anyway that episode was a mixed bag for me i enjoyed the Amy scenes, the pieced together wedding scenes were nice to but on the flip side Gennie annoyed me, Debbie i'm not even gonna start and i'm so pissed off we didnt get to here David's speech! :mad:

So all in all a mixed bag and i agree with Lotty ED was by far the best soap of the evening! :D
    • DixonDixon Posts: 12,987
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      YAAAY new thread and I had the last word on the old one and the first word on this one.

Grrr!!!...you beat me to it!:mad::D

Dissapointing to see negative comments about tonights eppy, because i thought it was a good one.

I thought it had a good blend between light and shade, and i generally like those eppys the best.

Some are saying the Wedding was overshadowed by the dark stuff, but i don't get this.
      The 40th anniversary show saw the joyus occassions of births and a marriage overshadowed by a gruesome murder, yet everyone loved that???

Anyway, i enjoyed it, and at the end of the day that's all that really matters to me as a viewer.
    • barrowgirlbarrowgirl Posts: 1,941
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      And with perfect timing, Brenda drops to the floor :eek:
      will she live to wear her pink hat again or will it be donated to Edna ? will Katie and Declan replace the white vase they had to move for nookie on the work top ? will we care when we finally find out Alex is buried under Carls grave as Cam does a 2 for 1 offer ?

all this and possibly more in the next thrilling adventure of Emmerdale !
    • chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,669
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭✭
      I'm not really enjoying the storylines at the moment. I remember poor Viv and why is Betty hardly in it any more? :(
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      May i add, that more than anyother characters, having David and Nikhil in scenes makes for a better, lighter show.
      They are both quite bland characters really, but i see that as a strong point because it shows bland and normal can be popular and good to watch if given the right material to work with. They are both so nice and played with a light touch which is perfect for a show like ED.
    • GlendarrochGlendarroch Posts: 20,489
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      What is Bernice's problem though? Is she really thick or completely selfish (or both?)? She knows what's gone on between Debbie, Cameron and Chas, she must have an idea of how they all feel about each other, and she still lets the kids go with Debbie to get them out from under her feet! Every time I think I'm beginning to like her she does something like this and ruins it.
    • sheepiefarmsheepiefarm Posts: 27,429
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      What is Bernice's problem though? Is she really thick or completely selfish (or both?)? She knows what's gone on between Debbie, Cameron and Chas, she must have an idea of how they all feel about each other, and she still lets the kids go with Debbie to get them out from under her feet! Every time I think I'm beginning to like her she does something like this and ruins it.
      It's hardly out of character for her - she's let another woman raise her own daughter :D
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      It's hardly out of character for her - she's let another woman raise her own daughter :D

She makes Debbie look like Mother of the Year. :D
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      i enjoyed the Amy scenes,

Likewise, i enjoyed Katie's little scenes tonight.

She took terrible stick during the hideous months of moaning and misery (which was fair enough i guess) so it was nice to see her nice & breezy, chirpy & cheeky.

Also good to see she's now fully fit and 'raring to go'.
      I reckon Declan will be worn out by May day.:D
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Dixon wrote: »
      Likewise, i enjoyed Katie's little scenes tonight.

She took terrible stick during the hideous months of moaning and misery (which was fair enough i guess) so it was nice to see her nice & breezy, chirpy & cheeky.

Also good to see she's now fully fit and 'raring to go'.
      I reckon Declan will be worn out by May day
      .:D

I suppose you wouldn't object to much if Declan called you up to take his place for that time! :D
    • kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭

Thought you said in the old thread that you really didn't have anything to say.:p;):p;):)

DS acting very strangely this morning the screen keeps mirror imaging, very confusing.
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭

She just very self obsessed and wrapped up in herself to notice such things.
    • dubgazdubgaz Posts: 2,908
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      I love how Debbie pawns her own kids off on anybody who will take them but has the time to take Cameron's kids to the graveyard :D

Actually who WAS looking after Sarah and Jack yesterday? Andy was working, Kerry was off shopping with Amy, Cain was with Moira and Charity, Zak and Lisa where at the wedding.
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      dubgaz wrote: »
      I love how Debbie pawns her own kids off on anybody who will take them but has the time to take Cameron's kids to the graveyard :D

Actually who WAS looking after Sarah and Jack yesterday? Andy was working, Kerry was off shopping with Amy, Cain was with Moira and Charity, Zak and Lisa where at the wedding.

I know Andy was talking about Debbie babysitting them while the party is on.

Yes Debbie is described as baysitting her own kids its so unusual.
    • 80's Gal80's Gal Posts: 12,716
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Emmerdale Spoilers W/C 29 April :)
      6539 Monday 29 April 7.00pm – 7.30pm

Rachel heads to the factory to face the fallout

Priya is shocked to find out about Archie’s father

Declan’s furious to discover Steve’s got one over on him

6540 Tuesday 30 April 7.00pm – 7.30pm

The gossip spreads through the village

Nikhil’s horrified and upset he seems to be the last to know

Amy meets a new man in her effort to get over Andy

6541 Wednesday 1 May 7.00pm – 7.30pm

Amy discovers Kerry has left Andy’s kids by themselves

Declan relishes his hold over Jai

Megan is thwarted when Robbie sticks to his guns and refuses to move in to Brook

6542/43 Thursday 2 May 7.00pm –8.00pm

Kerry is mortified when Amy tells her what happened with her and Andy

Cameron prepares to move Alex’s body

Paddy organises a party to celebrate the new Vet’s partnership

6544 Friday 3 May 7.00pm – 7.30pm

Chas follows Cameron as he heads off to move the body

Andy feels guilty for lying and causing trouble between Amy and Kerry

Vanessa reluctantly has to agree to move in to Brook
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Mini Synopsis of Episode.

The wedding went well Gennie refused to get married claiming she didn't want to hurt nikhil while hurting nikhil without Brenda being there.
      When Brenda, Oliver and their hat did arrive she still dithered for ages about getting married then did and all was well until Brenda made a crap speech spoiling a David Classic then fell down hopefully stone deas or a coma or something and Gennie made her patented Angsty face.
      The photos were disrupted by Katie and Declan almost having a shag in public then boasting about it.
      Bernice is bad a looking after children and like the pied piper they were lead away to hamlin/sorry the graveyard to be told nasty stories about Chas.
      Moira is pregnant and Cain is perturbed
      Kerry spoilt the episode as usual.
      Vic found a bloke for Amy to shag
      Oh and Debbie was described as babysitting Jack and Sarah (is that a level 42 song) yes babysitting her own kids.
      The episode was either very bad or very good not sure which
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      dubgaz wrote: »

I guess Sam must have been the lucky winner this time:D
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Deleted
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Dixon wrote: »
      As someone who's a firm believer in fairness and equality for all, and to save Kwynne a bit of time, here's my character analysis.

Part 1.
      It's all about Genniemoan.

Moan moan moan, whinge, whine, moan, selfish attitude, whine, whinge, moan moan moan, selfishness, whinge, whine, moan moan moan.
      That's all we've been getting from her for weeks and weeks and weeks now.:p

Second half wasn't that different except for Katie and Declan having a bit of slap and tickle,
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Either my internet or DS is moving very sloooooooowly today.

80's Gal wrote: »
      Emmerdale Spoilers W/C 29 April :)
      6539 Monday 29 April 7.00pm – 7.30pm

Rachel heads to the factory to face the fallout

Priya is shocked to find out about Archie’s father

Declan’s furious to discover Steve’s got one over on him

6540 Tuesday 30 April 7.00pm – 7.30pm

The gossip spreads through the village

Nikhil’s horrified and upset he seems to be the last to know

Amy meets a new man in her effort to get over Andy

6541 Wednesday 1 May 7.00pm – 7.30pm

Amy discovers Kerry has left Andy’s kids by themselves

Declan relishes his hold over Jai

Megan is thwarted when Robbie sticks to his guns and refuses to move in to Brook

6542/43 Thursday 2 May 7.00pm –8.00pm

Kerry is mortified when Amy tells her what happened with her and Andy

Cameron prepares to move Alex’s body

Paddy organises a party to celebrate the new Vet’s partnership

6544 Friday 3 May 7.00pm – 7.30pm

Chas follows Cameron as he heads off to move the body

Andy feels guilty for lying and causing trouble between Amy and Kerry

Vanessa reluctantly has to agree to move in to Brook

Thanks for posting these!

So it looks like
      the cat is well and truly out of the bag re Rachel and Jai. At last! Rather looking forward to those scenes :cool:

And unless I've picked it up the wrong way, Megan DOES succeed in chucking the Spencers out and moves Vanessa in? If that's right the other Spencer lot will probably just move in with Rachel so we won't be rid of them :(

Andy's been yellow bellied and lied to Kerry about what happened with him and Amy then. Sorry folks I refuse to believe that he's that into Kerry, she just doesn't seem his sort (and not because she's older). Use her for shags/home comforts yes, but love her? Don't believe it - not that they're saying he DOES love her just my interpretation. Unless he's bothered about losing the shags/home comforts of course.

Looks like all of us geniuses who foresaw Steve buying the land Declan wants were spot on. We were all also spot on about it being the land Alex was buried on! Gold stars all round folks :D

And Chas follows Cameron when he's going to move the body :eek: She might be in for a shock ....

I'm feeling quite positive about that lot :)
      kwynne42 wrote: »
      Mini Synopsis of Episode.

The wedding went well Gennie refused to get married claiming she didn't want to hurt nikhil while hurting nikhil without Brenda being there.
      When Brenda, Oliver and their hat did arrive she still dithered for ages about getting married then did and all was well until Brenda made a crap speech spoiling a David Classic then fell down hopefully stone deas or a coma or something and Gennie made her patented Angsty face.
      The photos were disrupted by Katie and Declan almost having a shag in public then boasting about it.
      Bernice is bad a looking after children and like the pied piper they were lead away to hamlin/sorry the graveyard to be told nasty stories about Chas.
      Moira is pregnant and Cain is perturbed
      Kerry spoilt the episode as usual.
      Vic found a bloke for Amy to shag
      Oh and Debbie was described as babysitting Jack and Sarah (is that a level 42 song) yes babysitting her own kids.
      The episode was either very bad or very good not sure which

Great analysis!

I'm going to have to fall down on my staying positive mantra here but I wanted to slap Gennie daft last night. She is showing signs of, I don't know what to call it, selfishness? Or simply put: JUST A TOTAL LACK OF CARE AND CONSIDERATION TO NIKHIL! :mad: Who was she marrying? Him or her mother? If she was so upset about Brenda digging her heels in and not coming to the wedding (until the last moment as she wanted to make her big entrance - didn't want any eyes on her you know? :rolleyes:) she should have called it off beforehand! Like you rightly say, even when Brenda DID turn up she dilly and dallied as to whether she was going to go through with it! :mad: Nikhil doesn't deserve this treatment and other men might have told her to stick her bloody wedding and marry her mother!

Can't pretend it hasn't put me off 'my way or the highway' Gennie a bit. She was the same at the Christening. SHE wanted Katie there (when it wasn't necessary) so went scurrying off to find her leaving Nikhil standing like an idiot - didn't matter what HE wanted.

Humph!

But I was entertained by ED much more last night than EE (which was a borefest) and the screeching of Faye and Anna on Corrie!
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      lotty27 wrote: »
      So it looks like
      the cat is well and truly out of the bag re Rachel and Jai. At last! Rather looking forward to those scenes :cool:

And unless I've picked it up the wrong way, Megan DOES succeed in chucking the Spencers out and moves Vanessa in? If that's right the other Spencer lot will probably just move in with Rachel so we won't be rid of them :(

Andy's been yellow bellied and lied to Kerry about what happened with him and Amy then. Sorry folks I refuse to believe that he's that into Kerry, she just doesn't seem his sort (and not because she's older). Use her for shags/home comforts yes, but love her? Don't believe it - not that they're saying he DOES love her just my interpretation. Unless he's bothered about losing the shags/home comforts of course.

Looks like all of us geniuses who foresaw Steve buying the land Declan wants were spot on. We were all also spot on about it being the land Alex was buried on! Gold stars all round folks :D

And Chas follows Cameron when he's going to move the body :eek: She might be in for a shock ....

I'm looking forward to seeing
      the smug smile wiped off Charity's face when she finds out - I can't imagine she will take the news lying down (so to speak) :o.

Did anyone else spot the mistake on the STV website last night? They posted the spoiler pics for the W/C 29th April rather than for next week - unfortunately they have now been taken down but they were up for a good couple of hours.
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      80's Gal wrote: »
      I'm looking forward to seeing
      the smug smile wiped off Charity's face when she finds out - I can't imagine she will take the news lying down (so to speak) :o.

Did anyone else spot the mistake that STV made last night? They posted the spoiler pics for the W/C 29th April rather than for next week - unfortunately they have now been taken down but they were up for a good couple of hours.

Re what you've spoilered - I can't wait either *rubs hands in glee!* I hope it's as good as it is in my imagination :cool::D

Are those spoilers for the week that 'Debbie's Got A Gun'? (slightly borrowed from Aerosmith) Do tell us if you saw any juicy spoilers - like the gun accidentally going off in Debbie's hands just as she's pointed it at herself for some inexplicable reason :o:D
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      lotty27 wrote: »
      Re what you've spoilered - I can't wait either *rubs hands in glee!* I hope it's as good as it is in my imagination :cool::D

Are those spoilers for the week that 'Debbie's Got A Gun'? (slightly borrowed from Aerosmith) Do tell us if you saw any juicy spoilers - like the gun accidentally going off in Debbie's hands just as she's pointed it at herself for some inexplicable reason :o:D

No, it was for the week after that
      Pics of Cameron and Declan talking in the pub, Cameron and his van, Chas and Gennie in a car - wish I had copied them at the time but it didn't register until later that they had put the wrong ones up.
    This discussion has been closed.