Why don`t girls give nice guys a chance ?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If all they've got going for them is 'niceness' then that's probably why.

Anyway, not all men who describe themselves as 'nice' actually are. I once worked with someone who described himself as a 'nice guy' in terms of his relationships with women. He was anything but nice as far as I could see. Just dull, whiny and slightly obsessive with a personality that didn't make up for his lack of physical appeal.

Nice by itself often just isn't sexy.
  • KindaKinda Posts: 4,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Anyway, not all men who describe themselves as 'nice' actually are. I once worked with someone who described himself as a 'nice guy' in terms of his relationships with women. He was anything but nice as far as I could see. Just dull, whiny and slightly obsessive with a personality that didn't make up for his lack of physical appeal.

Nice by itself often just isn't sexy.

Nicely said :D

Seriously tho, I agree...there's more to being a 'nice' guy than just not being a cheating, abusing dog. I'd add passive-aggressive to your list
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    I like a challenge.. and nice guys aren't usually that much of a challenge.

Nice is ok some of the time, but I like it when guys answer me back or disagree with me.
    Makes them a bit more sexy..
  • ikkleosuikkleosu Posts: 11,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Anyway, not all men who describe themselves as 'nice' actually are. I once worked with someone who described himself as a 'nice guy' in terms of his relationships with women. He was anything but nice as far as I could see. Just dull, whiny and slightly obsessive .

This is the thing, so many "nice" guys, who are good blokes, treat their mother well, hold down a good job, have good friends etc are not neccessarily "nice" in a relationship.

I've only dated nice guys (blokes who i would still to this day say are good men with heart) but one cheated on me and one destroyed my confidence. Nice guys aren't perfect, they are as flawed as the bastards.

In fact I know someone who got together with one of the geeky, "nice", blokes from school. He had held a candle for her for years, while she dated idiots. Eventually they spent time together when she was going througha rough time. He was nice, he listened, he didn't push her for sex and was gentle and considerate. She fell in love with him and they got married. 15 years later he's a controlling, unhappy nightmare who talks divorce if she forgets to leave out onions from his food.

There are nice men. There are good men. There are men who wouldn't think twice of selling their own grannies. But each of them in a relationship will behave totally differently, and no-one can tell beforehand which is which.
  • lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,647
    Forum Member
    5340robert wrote: »
    It`s a question which is often asked,
    Yeah, by you usually.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lea_uk wrote: »
    Yeah, by you usually.

Over and over and over....
  • netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's all bollocks really if you think about it. No one is nice all of the time and no one is an arse all the time. So how can you say you go for the nice guy or the bad boy when such one dimensional characters do not exist?
    Sometimes I'm really nice and I go out of my way to look after my OH and sometimes when the mood takes me, I can be a miserable cow who he just can't please and he's the same, sometimes he's lovely and brings me cups of tea and listens when I talk about my periods and sometimes he's an arse who shushes me because I'm not as important as West Ham.
    I think it's called being human.
    Anyone who tells themselves they are 'nice' are fooling themselves really!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,512
    Forum Member
    I knew someone who said he was a nice guy when in fact he was a liar, a cheat and and in total self denial about not being your 'typical man'.

What a twot, so nice sets alarm bells off for me!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's all bollocks really if you think about it. No one is nice all of the time and no one is an arse all the time. So how can you say you go for the nice guy or the bad boy when such one dimensional characters do not exist?
    Sometimes I'm really nice and I go out of my way to look after my OH and sometimes when the mood takes me, I can be a miserable cow who he just can't please and he's the same, sometimes he's lovely and brings me cups of tea and listens when I talk about my periods and sometimes he's an arse who shushes me because I'm not as important as West Ham.
    I think it's called being human.
    Anyone who tells themselves they are 'nice' are fooling themselves really!

I agree with you. I think people (mostly men) attach too much importance to the word 'nice'. As can be seen just from this thread, it means jack shit.
    Forum Member
    The nasty little blog linked by elsquid above (http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/lax/483318927.html) is exactly the sort of resentful, hateful stuff that pretends 'nice' means 'self absorbed and passive', and that someone with a bit of spark and charm must be 'not nice'; women who fall for more interesting, less bitter men must be shallow fools who (he hopes) will end up lonely and rejected. Lovely.
    He probably thought at first that being nice on its own would appeal to girls and when it didn't he became that person.
    Forum Member
    PamelaL wrote: »
    Let's be honest here, the moan 'why don't girls like nice guys' really means 'why don't girls like me'.

That's what I think everytime he posts this.
    Forum Member
    Robert, I am a nice guy and I have had a perfectly acceptable range of relationships with women. I don't think that being a nice enough bloke has given me any disadvantage in this area of my life. It has had its ups and downs just like anybodies.

It gets quite tiresome to hear this same old excuse trotted out again and again by guys who mistakenly believe that their failiure with women is because they are too nice. They are probably misreading many of their own qualities as nice when in fact they are probably comming accros as desperate and needy.

A mans capacity to cry at a woman down the phone in the wee hours of the morning is not nescessarily a "nice" quality. I think these men who think the reason they are not getting the girl because they are too nice need to very seriously re-evaluate their own personality and look to themselves rather than other people for the reasons behind their failiures.

Nice guys don't finish last or lose the girl. There are lots of nice guys out there with girlfriends so I think your theory needs some work.

Nice to seee you posting again.
    I agree 100%
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^^^^^^^ - all the thread
    It`s a question which is often asked, Today we were talking about relationships/sex at work (at dinner lol) and i found out that one lad is still a virgin at 19 and he`s a nice guy and it`s stories like that and girls hanging about with knobheads which makes me sad.

So there you have it, my son.

You must be doing something wrong, but I'm not sure what it is. Trying too hard and obsessing about it, probably.

It might be an idea to put it out of your head for a bit, and develop other interests. Having a gf and getting laid isn't the be all and end all of life, you know.
  • LysandarLysandar Posts: 1,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's really quite simple.
    It's down to female physiology.
    Girls have short attention spans and crave stimulation and excitement.
    "Nice" doesn't do it.
    Sorted.
    :D
  • astonv8astonv8 Posts: 1,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's impossible to make a girl happy in this day and age. Guys have to say yes before she can finish the question lol. Guys can never win in an argument with her girl, it's impossible. Guys, have you ever wondered why your girl is always unhappy all the time? Have you ever caught your women looking at you but not saying nothing? In her her mind she's thinking how did i get with this stupid and ugly ********** lol. :D
  • LaChatteGitaneLaChatteGitane Posts: 4,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh poor little me ^^ :rolleyes:
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    astonv8 wrote: »
    It's impossible to make a girl happy in this day and age. Guys have to say yes before she can finish the question lol. Guys can never win in an argument with her girl, it's impossible. Guys, have you ever wondered why your girl is always unhappy all the time? Have you ever caught your women looking at you but not saying nothing? In her her mind she's thinking how did i get with this stupid and ugly ********** lol. :D

Well, that's not strictly true. You can confound anyone with brutal cold logic. The downside is that it will likely wreck the "cosiness" of the relationship.

I think the problem is that men and women just think along totally different lines about almost everything.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,733
    Forum Member
    It`s a question which is often asked...
    Ain't THAT the truth... :yawn: :p
  • Chilli DragonChilli Dragon Posts: 24,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mirela wrote: »
    Yet there are some nice, funny, geeky guys on this board who ARE single...so they haven't all been snapped up ;)

Who? All the nice, funny geeky guys on this board who I like are not single.

Many of the boring "woe is me" whiners and woman haters are strangely single though.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It`s a question which is often asked,

.. and a thread which is often posted :)
  • HendersonHenderson Posts: 11,952
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice guys are boring...
  • Bom Diddly WoBom Diddly Wo Posts: 14,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    astonv8 wrote: »

Oooh, bitter much?
  • CXC3000CXC3000 Posts: 10,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lysandar wrote: »
    It's really quite simple.
    It's down to female physiology.
    Girls have short attention spans and crave stimulation and excitement.

I think you've just given us the answer we were all looking for :)
  • astonv8astonv8 Posts: 1,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oooh, bitter much?

No it was just a piece from a Chris Rock stand up tour. :D
  • LysandarLysandar Posts: 1,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CXC3000 wrote: »
    I think you've just given us the answer we were all looking for :)

...and without wishing to be crude, girls are randier than men.
    Biological fact.
    :D