Options

9150 says 'no signal' but tv OK

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
Forum Member
I have a 9150 (well my mother has) which was fine before Christmas but when we got to her house after Christmas said 'no signal' on every channel. TV dows not work either. Taking the the Humax out of the loop and the TV works fine. The recordings on the Humax play OK as well. When I was checking it all out I 'think' I got a low voltage shock from the aerial in socket.

Anyone got any ideas - I am currently assuming its stuffed.

Cheers

Comments

• Options
    nvingonvingo Posts: 8,619
    Forum Member
    There is an "aerial power" setting in the Humax menus, you could check that is set to (the default) off. When set to on it provides 5vDC to power an amplified aerial - but will short if a normal aerial is used.
    If that fails it's always worth doing a "defaults setting" - which will necessitate retuning and re-entering timer events.
  • Options
    nvingonvingo Posts: 8,619
    Forum Member
    >forum bug, new post to make post#2 visible<
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    nvingo wrote: »
    There is an "aerial power" setting in the Humax menus, you could check that is set to (the default) off. When set to on it provides 5vDC to power an amplified aerial - but will short if a normal aerial is used.
    If that fails it's always worth doing a "defaults setting" - which will necessitate retuning and re-entering timer events.

Thanks for this advice but it really was stuffed. Luckily Argos refunded it as the honoured the 2 year Humax warranty despite initially saying it was only 12 months. Got a new one from Richer Sounds with 5 year warranty for £12 (refundable if not used as well!).
  • Options
    Big-lesBig-les Posts: 2,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for this advice but it really was stuffed. Luckily Argos refunded it as the honoured the 2 year Humax warranty despite initially saying it was only 12 months. Got a new one from Richer Sounds with 5 year warranty for £12 (refundable if not used as well!).

I'm guessing the shock you got was when you were plugging the aerial in and would have been a fairly high voltage static shock. There is a warning notice on all my Humax boxes warning not to disconnect or connect the aerial with the box plugged into the mains.