Worst song choice at live shows?

13»

Comments

• Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,968
    Forum Member
    Stube wrote: »
    Who can forget Lloyd Daniels doing 'I Kissed A Girl'? That must've been a desperate attempt to hide his sexuality?

I've never figured out whether he was straight or gay. He made a convincing straight guy though as preteen girls were all over him. His vocals were quite bad on that song - he was flat and was struggling at many parts.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is an unforgettable wrong song choice. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1XZgW8iWpY

Although in Frankie's defense he has stated in many interviews he didn't pick this song.
  • d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »

lol thanks (I think!):eek::D
  • Carlisle156Carlisle156 Posts: 23,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never figured out whether he was straight or gay. He made a convincing straight guy though as preteen girls were all over him. His vocals were quite bad on that song - he was flat and was struggling at many parts.

If it helps ... he's been touring as a part of a 'Gay naked comedy' stage show across the UK for the past few months. :p

And his Instagram where he likes taking his clothes off. :D
  • drakhendrakhen Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daniel doing Build Me Up Buttercup in Series 4 has to be a contender for one of the worst. He looked so uncomfortable during the performance and the choreography did not match the song.

Hope's take on Hurt during the same series was also pretty ghastly. The lead girl did not have the voice for a Christina Aguilera song and the other judges were right when they said it was not a song for a group. The other girls were just standing around for most of the performance.
  • abcdabcd Posts: 1,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JordanC55 wrote: »
    Completely agree! I forgot about this! I remember feeling so sorry for them as it was obvious that the producers wanted rid.

a trashy song with about 2 words in it, i remember them having a little sly dig when they were eliminated lol
  • big bang theorybig bang theory Posts: 4,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aiden wasn't that bad with Rocket Man, and Kye just kind of fell flat with that song, didn't Gary say there were like 30 flat notes or something?

I agree that Aiden wasn't awful on Rocket Man, it just didn't suit him I think.

And with Kye according to Gary there was about 30 flat notes so yeah I think you're right on that.
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Angel Tupai being given 'Young Hearts Run Free' was a bit :eek: which is a shame as she was vocally one of the best on XF Aus last year.

Rachel Hylton being given that Robyn and Kleerup song

James Michael being thrown under a bus with 'A Ticket To Ride'
    Forum Member
    unclekevo wrote: »
    James Michael being thrown under a bus with 'A Ticket To Ride'

No wonder the judges said it was boring - it was just him, his guitar and that boring song. Really, he deserved to be kicked out after that, but had there been a public vote that week, I don't think he would have been in the bottom two to be fair. But, we will never know. Are acts who fell at this hurdle allowed to audition again? After all, it wasn't the public vote which voted him out, so you don't know how the public would have taken to him.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
    Forum Member
    This should be removed from youtube, it's absolutely terrifying.

Terrible terrible version...even the dancers are awful. Everything about this performance was just awful!

That performance was atrocious. I didnt even recognise the song from the tune :eek:
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
    Forum Member

The whole point of the song was missed anyway since I thought the song was about experimenting etc :confused:
  • SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    goooooo johnny go go go!
  • SatanelSatanel Posts: 11,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    James was included in the wildcard vote though, wasn't he? So he probably can't re-audition.
    Forum Member
    Satanel wrote: »
    James was included in the wildcard vote though, wasn't he? So he probably can't re-audition.

Amy Mottram was included in the wildcard vote last year but that's probably unrelated.