Options

Anyone Think They Are Spoiling Finn(Emmerdale)?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't stand Finn, he's a stalker.
    No wonder Kasim legged it.
    Tracey is a thieving horrendous cow. I haven't forgotten how she treated Sam.
    David is as stupid as he looks marrying Tracey so deserves all he gets.

I like this, ForgodsSake. :)
  • Options
    ianradioianianradioian Posts: 74,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't stand Finn, he's a stalker.
    No wonder Kasim legged it.
    Tracey is a thieving horrendous cow. I haven't forgotten how she treated Sam.
    David is as stupid as he looks marrying Tracey so deserves all he gets.

Agreed.
  • Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How do you spoil someone who has always been shit?
  • Options
    16caerhos16caerhos Posts: 2,533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His character started to unravel with that ridiculous and creepy hospital storyline. What were they thinking with that crap? It was just plain weird.
  • Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    He isn't spoiled or ruined. He was and is a horrible man.

I seem to be the only one that remembers how he treated his last boyfriend, Darren I think it was, who actually was a nice man however Finn decided he wasn't good enough for him but instead of ending it like any decent person would he just treated him like shit until he got the hint and left.

Now if Finn had been treated like that I could understand why people might have time for him and wish him well but as it was him being brutal then he deserves all he gets. Unfortunately Kasim has treated him with respect though he doesn't deserve it as it is yet again Finn who has no morals and is behaving atrociously stalking Kasim, lying to him and trying to manipulate him into bed >:(

Why on earth people think Finn is nice is beyond me.
  • Options
    mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    What people don't perhaps realise is that Finn is not a straightforward character. Knowing about human psychology as I do, I can recognise that he is a complex mixture of immature, bed wetting, mummy's boy and crazy stalker.
  • Options
    cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    16caerhos wrote: »
    His character started to unravel with that ridiculous and creepy hospital storyline. What were they thinking with that crap? It was just plain weird.

I thought the start of it was all right - I felt really sorry for him when he was crying about how lonely he was. I was braced for something that might actually be moderately interesting and well-written. What a fule I was.

It went wrong when he started claiming to be the guy's boyf, and then coming on waaaaaaay too strong when he finally turned up.

It's a dog's breakfast of a story, but hey, that's the whole show now - Kerry, Zak, Jimmy/Nicola - pretty much the whole thing is one stinking tin of Pedigree Chum.
  • Options
    samcains90samcains90 Posts: 4,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the start of it was all right - I felt really sorry for him when he was crying about how lonely he was. I was braced for something that might actually be moderately interesting and well-written. What a fule I was.

It went wrong when he started claiming to be the guy's boyf, and then coming on waaaaaaay too strong when he finally turned up.

It's a dog's breakfast of a story, but hey, that's the whole show now - Kerry, Zak, Jimmy/Nicola - pretty much the whole thing is one stinking tin of Pedigree Chum.

BIB: That is purely down to bad writing, the motivations for him saying those things were stated to be from fear of not being able to find him - did that occur to anybody watching? I don't think so.

It's all been bad writing really - Kasim moved to the village to start a relationship with Finn but having Christmas dinner with Finn's family was too much too quickly? It's all very silly and I just want this Kasim story over with and fast.

I don't find Finn some weird, creepy stalker - nor do I find him annoying and whiny but I don't like the story.
  • Options
    Kell_FreeKell_Free Posts: 2,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't seen him show any compassion towards anyone in his family for ages, in fact, I can't remember the last time. I don't think it's down to his grief as he was like that even before, it's just showing more now that he's on screen. He's just constantly snapping at his family. I thought a storyline/development would improve him but it's made him worse.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    samcains90 wrote: »
    BIB: That is purely down to bad writing, the motivations for him saying those things were stated to be from fear of not being able to find him - did that occur to anybody watching? I don't think so.

It's all been bad writing really - Kasim moved to the village to start a relationship with Finn but having Christmas dinner with Finn's family was too much too quickly? It's all very silly and I just want this Kasim story over with and fast.

I don't find Finn some weird, creepy stalker - nor do I find him annoying and whiny but I don't like the story.

I know. I'm adopting that as my mantra for watching Emmerdale now. "It's all very silly." :D
    Kell_Free wrote: »
    I haven't seen him show any compassion towards anyone in his family for ages, in fact, I can't remember the last time. I don't think it's down to his grief as he was like that even before, it's just showing more now that he's on screen. He's just constantly snapping at his family. I thought a storyline/development would improve him but it's made him worse.

When does anyone on ED show any compassion to anyone? This is something soaps are pretty bad at, no one is kind or generous to anyone. I noticed it first when I watched Hollyoaks, then it started annoying the hell out of me. Now it's on ED as well. If they want you to like someone, they don't make them do good stuff, they make them a victim. Not sure if it's because they don't know how to write people being nice, or they just can't be arsed.
  • Options
    samcains90samcains90 Posts: 4,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know. I'm adopting that as my mantra for watching Emmerdale now. "It's all very silly." :D

When does anyone on ED show any compassion to anyone? This is something soaps are pretty bad at, no one is kind or generous to anyone. I noticed it first when I watched Hollyoaks, then it started annoying the hell out of me. Now it's on ED as well. If they want you to like someone, they don't make them do good stuff, they make them a victim. Not sure if it's because they don't know how to write people being nice, or they just can't be arsed.

I think, in the case of the current writer's, they don't know how.

Look what's happened to Chrissie and Finn lately. It's a good job Natalie Anderson left if you ask me, she'd have had nothing to do - and if she did they would want to turn her into a superbitch, or some other nonsense. Boy do I miss her but I'm not sure how she would fit in with the new Emmerdale.

I'm glad my two favourite characters are central to Emmerdale currently, what I dislike is how they've managed to get there. I'm still hanging on and rooting for Chrissie and the White's but the inevitable exit is just looming on the horizon and I'm not sure I can stand Emmerdale, in its current state without a specific set of characters. :)
  • Options
    GlendarrochGlendarroch Posts: 20,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where are they going with this?

Do we believe that Finn, in his grief, saw Kasim as ' the light at the end of the tunnel' and that' s all there is to his behaviour? Or is he genuinely turning into his Mum?

I had forgotten how rotten he was to lovely Darren. These two stories have really shine a light on just what a whiny, pathetic little b&tch he is.

Why can't anyone in ED just be nice? Is it too much to ask?
  • Options
    AndybearAndybear Posts: 11,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Do we believe that Finn, in his grief, saw Kasim as ' the light at the end of the tunnel' and that' s all there is to his behaviour? Or is he genuinely turning into his Mum?

I had forgotten how rotten he was to lovely Darren. These two stories have really shine a light on just what a whiny, pathetic little b&tch he is.

Dan is nice :)
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    Andybear wrote: »

No he's not, he purposely held Cain back from leaving the garage just so that Joannie could run off with his son, nasty little runt he is.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes, he is:)
  • Options
    Forum Member

Haven't a scoobies. Genuinely can't tell from what I've seen on screen.

More to the point, genuinely don't care.

The only thing it's achieved, as your post eminently demonstrates, is to make Finn thoroughly unlikable to a lot of people.

Maybe poor wee Finn should just accept the inevitable, screw around and beat a few people up. That usually goes down well with audiences. :D Hire a hitman to kill Aaron and Robert, then cover it up as a tragic double suicide. That would earn a lot of people's gratitude.
  • Options
    SS_SummerSS_Summer Posts: 2,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That could be it. If as most of us suspect, Emma will eventually be working her way to an exit from the show, its possible they could be priming Finn to be her successor. He's at an age where he could be developing those same type of mental issues. It kind of makes sense now I think of it...drawing the parallel between how Emma was clingy and obsessive with James and showing that happening with Finn and Kasim. It would definitely lead to a more purposeful future in the show if they went that way with his character.
  • Options
    AndybearAndybear Posts: 11,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    No he's not, he purposely held Cain back from leaving the garage just so that Joannie could run off with his son, nasty little runt he is.

The son that Cain wanted Amy to abort and when she didn't, the son Cain was very happy to be adopted - ok. I'm a Cain fan by the way but don't like the way they're trying to make him a good father all of a sudden.

Come back Kate Oates, all is forgiven.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The son that Cain wanted Amy to abort and when she didn't, the son Cain was very happy to be adopted - ok. I'm a Cain fan by the way but don't like the way they're trying to make him a good father all of a sudden.

Come back Kate Oates, all is forgiven.

I don't think either Cain or Kerry should have more than supervised access to Kyle. He should definitely be with Joanie.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SS_Summer wrote: »
    That could be it. If as most of us suspect, Emma will eventually be working her way to an exit from the show, its possible they could be priming Finn to be her successor. He's at an age where he could be developing those same type of mental issues. It kind of makes sense now I think of it...drawing the parallel between how Emma was clingy and obsessive with James and showing that happening with Finn and Kasim. It would definitely lead to a more purposeful future in the show if they went that way with his character.

I don't mind him taking that direction but I hope at some point, they define what's actually wrong with him, if he is ill.
  • Options
    mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    The trouble is though, that Joanie is a violent criminal and surely shouldn't be around children. GBH is a very serious offence. We need to protect our children from these elements of society.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mo mouse wrote: »
    The trouble is though, that Joanie is a violent criminal and surely shouldn't be around children. GBH is a very serious offence. We need to protect our children from these elements of society.

She could team up with.h Emma and Finn. A true axis of evil;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James did a bang- up job raising these boys didn't he?:D That' s what he gets for being all understanding and compassionate to them:D:p that' s what he gets for trying to be a good Dad.

Poor bloke must be up to turbo speed in his grave!