Call Of Duty : World At War

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    4 player online

Activision has confirmed the newest instalment in the Call of Duty series will feature an online co-op mode for up to four players.

That goes for the Xbox 360, PS3 or PC versions, which will also offer two-player split-screen co-op. The Wii game will have its own "unique" two-player co-op mode.

According to the press release, the co-op campaign "allows players to rank up and unlock perks in competitive multiplayer by completing challenges and earning experience points".

Said experience points are collected whenever you're playing online, whether competitively or co-operatively. The game's difficulty level will "scale dynamically" according to your experience rank and the ranks of the people you're playing with.
  • pdbpdbpdbpdb Posts: 992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sounds promising.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    4 player co-op and 2 player split screen sounds great. PS3 needs more games with that option. Hope Resistance keeps split screen aswell. With COD4 being such a big success I'm sure Treyarch (or whatever they are called) are making a big effort to bring their game up to standard. And lets face it, it will probably be 10x better then Haze even if it isn't upto COD4 standards. I'll be getting this one for sure :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JX23 wrote: »
    4 player co-op and 2 player split screen sounds great. PS3 needs more games with that option. Hope Resistance keeps split screen aswell. With COD4 being such a big success I'm sure Treyarch (or whatever they are called) are making a big effort to bring their game up to standard. And lets face it, it will probably be 10x better then Haze even if it isn't upto COD4 standards. I'll be getting this one for sure :)

If its still got lagtastic servers I won't be.

Can't imagine waiting 2 days for the lancaster airstrike to fly over Russia though:p

I think they should make a fair go at this time as they have had far longer to get it right this time.

Its just the damn server issues that put me off this game. Oh and the Doris:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you talking about server issues on COD 4?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you talking about server issues on COD 4?

If they use the same method of online in the new one as COD4 uses i.e someones PS3 then I won't be buying it. Can't see the point of playing second fiddle to a yank host all the time.

Dedicated servers or my money stays in my pocket for Resistance 2.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aren't you level 10 prestige on COD4? I doubt it will use the same system as COD4 seeing as its a different company developing it. Dedicated servers are unlikely though. PS3 seems to get bummed with unreliable servers unless its a PS3 exclusive. GTA IV being a good example.
  • pdbpdbpdbpdb Posts: 992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Darobi wrote: »
    If they use the same method of online in the new one as COD4 uses i.e someones PS3 then I won't be buying it. Can't see the point of playing second fiddle to a yank host all the time.

Dedicated servers or my money stays in my pocket for Resistance 2.

I don't see them implementing dedicated servers. I wont be buying it either unless they do.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aren't you level 10 prestige on COD4? I doubt it will use the same system as COD4 seeing as its a different company developing it. Dedicated servers are unlikely though. PS3 seems to get bummed with unreliable servers unless its a PS3 exclusive. GTA IV being a good example.

yep level 45 now.:) Check the stats for the lag though!!

Early afternoon is great as no Yanks and I can get 4 bars. Come 8 onwards and down to three and then 2 and sometimes 1.

Just quit games now as its pointless staying. Emptying a P90 clip from 5 feet and the dude not dying sort of clinches it "as time to leave".:mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Darobi wrote: »
    Just quit games now as its pointless staying. Emptying a P90 clip from 5 feet and the dude not dying sort of clinches it "as time to leave".:mad:

last night was cack, i shot an AK47 with stopping power clip into the back of a yank and he just turned round and killed me with a 3 round burst :mad::mad:
  • beneve2008beneve2008 Posts: 1,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    last night was cack, i shot an AK47 with stopping power clip into the back of a yank and he just turned round and killed me with a 3 round burst :mad::mad:

That crossfire game was a joke last night, I had the same!

1: Empty whole AK47 clip into back of enemy.
    2: Not 1 bullet registering as a hit.
    3: Guy turns round and kills me with very little effort!
    4: P**sed off Bene!!!!

I even heard you use the C word last night, very out of character!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    robinhO wrote: »
    That crossfire game was a joke last night, I had the same!

1: Empty whole AK47 clip into back of enemy.
    2: Not 1 bullet registering as a hit.
    3: Guy turns round and kills me with very little effort!
    4: P**sed off Bene!!!!

I even heard you use the C word last night, very out of character!

ahh dont even go there bene i was so wound up last night it was unreal i hope i did'nt offend anybody lastnight ...sorry if i did :(
  • beneve2008beneve2008 Posts: 1,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ahh dont even go there bene i was so wound up last night it was unreal i hope i did'nt offend anybody lastnight ...sorry if i did :(

That particular word is usually primarily reserved for me. However you did pull it off with some style!:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Terrible behaviour, I was f**kin shocked !! :D

I think the only thing that that detected my bullets in that game was the helicopter, and that took all my ammo and half the pistol to bring down and I wasn't the only one shooting at it !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    djsolace wrote: »
    Terrible behaviour, I was f**kin shocked !! :D

I think the only thing that that detected my bullets in that game was the helicopter, and that took all my ammo and half the pistol to bring down and I wasn't the only one shooting at it !

that fcuking chopper i done the same i emptied my ak into it then nearly all my pistol then it went down, you might of head me laughing saying ive shot the chopper down with my pistol then i realised i had no bullets for my weapons ....what did it have armoured plating
  • WoodsMonkWoodsMonk Posts: 6,451
    Forum Member
    Underwater Tactics

Unlike Previous CoD titles, you now have the ability to swim and use the sea to your advantage. Some of the best sniper points will require you to wade for a while. But is that sweet sniper spot worth the slowdown caused by the water? Is it worth being exposed for that amount of time? Probably. You can also hide beneath the wave for a time and lie in wait for a victim, or use the water to get behind opponents who are dug in and impossible to reach by land. This is yet another element that will broaden the CoD online experience and ultimately reward those who work as a team.

You can also have Vehicle-only matches :eek:

Source: gamesTM

Sounds good:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone fancy being a monkey ??! :D

List of weapons and perks now available:

US Weapons:

Thompson M1A1
    M1A1 Carbine
    M1 Garand
    Trench Shotgun
    Browning Automatic Rifle (B.A.R)
    Springfield M1903
    Springfield M1903: Scoped
    M2 flamethrower
    M1911 (aka Colt 45)
    Bajonet
    M9 Bazooka
    M1919A6 Browning
    M2 machinegun
    Explosives:

MK2 Frag Grenade
    Smoke Grenade
    Satchel Charges
    Mines
    Russian Weapons:

TT-33
    Mosin Nagant
    Mosin Nagant Scoped
    PPSH (71 round Drum Magazine)
    PPSH (31 round Banana Magazine)
    Bajonet
    Explosives:

RGD-33
    German Weapons:

P08 Luger
    Kar98
    Kar98 scoped
    MP44
    MP40
    MG42
    MG34
    Messer
    Explosives:

handle-grenade (aka potato masher)
    Japanese Weapons:

Nambu 14
    Arisaka Typ 99
    Typ 100 Submachine gun
    Bajonet
    Katana
    Explosives:

Kiska grenade
    British Weapons:

Sten
    Unlockable Perks:

Juggernaut (more health)
    Sleight of Hand (faster reload)
    Extreme Conditioning (longer sprint distrance)
    Martyrdom (drop live grenade when you die)
    Steady Aim
    Bandolier (larger magazine pack)
    Iron Lungs
    Stopping Power
    Deep Impact
    Sonic Boom
    Last Stand
    Monkey (better at climbing trees)
    Frogman (faster swimspeed)
    Play Dead
    Crouch Sprinter
    Banzai

source: http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=55075
  • WoodsMonkWoodsMonk Posts: 6,451
    Forum Member
    Frogman (faster swimspeed) ftw:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So it is going to use the same perk system as COD4? Climbing trees sounds fun! especially when trying to get away from Galv
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 452
    Forum Member
    If its not dedicated servers, it will be p2p ie same as cod4 so chances are it will be crud unless they give hosts the ability to region lock games themselves, so if you want to play with yanks feel free, but if you dont you can lock it to your own or specified rerion(s).

As for the perks, imho they would work better with some thought behind them ie martydom only works if you havent spunked all you 3 frags away first, so i you have 1 left fine, the perk isnt wasted but if you have chucked em all at the start of s+d tough titty you're empty handed!
    Also things like juggernaut, if you have more health it should take longer to regenerate...
    Bandolier - more weight=less speed etc etc.
    And ive said it before, bionic arm perk for longer nade throws, and without it they are only good for about 25/30 metres

And as long as LMG's havent got near sniper accuracy and distance it shouldn't be too bad...........

Hopefully there will be a demo up first , they have big boots to fill really !
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes Mosin Nagant Scoped, my favourite from COD2
  • MadWrappaMadWrappa Posts: 1,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shaping up like COD4 just nicely!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monkey Perk! LOL

*agrees with JX 100%*

"The Monkey Man hide up bwig twee to gerr away from Galv and hide like yellow stweek of piss coward, *Prrrrp!* Oh oh my divine wind has just given my position away!"

Proper cannot wait for this game to come out!:
    Call Of Duty: World At Clunky Clanky War

Regardless of what they do with p2p or dedicated servers Wrappa is very very excited:D

My fav game S&D is going to be a bit mental without silencers tho! - run & gun (redneck) anybody?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MONKEY PERK allows players who have it to sit in full view of everyone whilst playing with themselves and drinking their own p-i-s-s whilst flinging s-h-i-t at the walls.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL
    :D

Play Dead Perk!!?:eek:

Whats that going to be like playing S&D?
    If you did'nt already have a Camp-o-thon and every man and his dog thinking they are Lord of the Ninja Defuse.

Now Campers can lie still playing dead for a whole round then jump up right behind you and stick a Katana up your jinker "Banzai!"

By the way Pidge - Nice Thread!;)