✭✭
    Ber wrote: »
    How strange?

You said nothing offensive!

Haha!
  • Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is he trying to ingratiate himself with Daily Heil & Sun readers?
  • MuffinzMuffinz Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    Christa wrote: »
    Haha!

Whats funny?
  • ChristaChrista Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Muffinz wrote: »
    Whats funny?

Maybe you had to be there...
  • lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    Muffinz wrote: »
    You do know that our countrys gonna be muslim in about 50 years if we don't do anything now.

If I might invoke good old Godwin, that's the same kind of thing Herr Hitler used in the 30's - that Germany would be Jewish if Germans didn't do anything about it.
    For that reason, I'm not gonna fall for that old chestnut if it's OK by you.
    Personally, I don't think for a moment that Sharia will ever become a legal code in the UK, in whole or part.
  • frisky pythonfrisky python Posts: 9,737
    Forum Member
    Ber wrote: »
    I agree this is the issue for me, when victims decide not to go through the criminal courts route but decide to go through their own "courts". Such is the right of the victim of course to decide to drop charges, so not sure what else can be done on that aspect. Even without "Sharia Courts" the victims could still not want to press charges.
  • pxd867pxd867 Posts: 11,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    d'@ve wrote: »
    Whatever the reasons, the facts are that courts were still applying the so-called marital rape exemption until 1991, and no higher courts had overturned those judgements, therefore it was in effect part of English law until then.

I have by the way studied plenty of law in my time. ;)
    They were looking for ways round it though, that's what I was trying to say. Yes,, it was strictly legal up until 1991, but as a few posters have said, some were charged with indecent assault and it was clear that the rule was completely outdated.

As for the mad mullah who said it was ok, he should be thrown out of whatever body he represents.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christa wrote: »
    Haha!

Hilarious indeed! Where's my needle and thread so I can stitch my sides up. :rolleyes: