Options

Could you date a fat person?

Comments

• Options
    cas1977cas1977 Posts: 6,399
    Forum Member
    No. Not if you're talking johnny Vegas fat....?

Can't believe how many chins he's got now!
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cas1977 wrote: »
    No. Not if you're talking johnny Vegas fat....?

Can't believe how many chins he's got now!

Johnny Vegas' wife Maia Dunphy is certainly one of the rare exceptions to the rule

http://rsvpmagazine.ie/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/shutterstock_133699643.jpg
  • Options
    Ben_CaesarBen_Caesar Posts: 307
    Forum Member
    Oh hell no :(
  • Options
    SemieroticSemierotic Posts: 11,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Voluptuous - yes. Fat - probably not. Of course, the line between the two varies wildly per beholder.

I do hate the way being overweight is becoming the New Normal though, and how many downplay it by concocting euphemisms like 'meat on the bone' or 'real women'.
  • Options
    RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    It depends on the personality.

As a fat girl (who used to be fatter) I've not had many problems getting blokes, fat or slim ones.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!
  • Options
    mickmarsmickmars Posts: 7,438
    Forum Member
    no way
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I never had a weight problem until a few years ago when I ballooned through comfort eating. Even at my heaviest though one man was interested enough in me, though it didn't develop into anything serious. I did feel the need to diet though, for my health really and have now got roughly back to half way between my pre-40s weight and my heaviest 3ish years ago. It does make me a little more choosy lol, in that when I was really heavy, I assumed that this man I was briefly involved with - who was actually someone I knew when we were both little and met up with again years later - must be a bit desperate, which really is not the attitude to have about yourself when dating.

I remember recognizing him and him not initially recognizing me and I'm sure he was secretly thinking 'you weren't fat like this when we were 11' lol. :blush:

As for me, I'd date someone who was overweight - I'd be a hypocrite if I wouldn't! - but problem overweight, as I was, as I'd end up pressuring them to diet and it might cause friction if they were happy as they were. I definitely wasn't happy as I was, but everyone's different.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Johnny Vegas' wife Maia Dunphy is certainly one of the rare exceptions to the rule

Just have seen the photo.............

Well I suppose he must be fairly well off now............;-);-);-)
  • Options
    pianofortepianoforte Posts: 630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

i wonder what attracted her to the millionaire Johnny Vegas [/ahern]
  • Options
    EspressoEspresso Posts: 18,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    depends i like a bit of meat on a woman biut

size 16s my upper limit

That kind of comment tickles me. Surely if you have such a strict upper limit sizewise, the height of the woman must come into it? Unless all the women you've ever gone out with are exactly the same height.
    After all, a woman who's five foot one and a size 16 will look completely different to a woman who's five foot ten and a size 16.
  • Options
    EbonyHamsterEbonyHamster Posts: 8,175
    Forum Member
    Espresso wrote: »
    That kind of comment tickles me. Surely if you have such a strict upper limit sizewise, the height of the woman must come into it? Unless all the women you've ever gone out with are exactly the same height.
    After all, a woman who's five foot one and a size 16 will look completely different to a woman who's five foot ten and a size 16.

Not to mention build and body fat/muscle

A size 16 with a lower body fat will look different to a size 16 with more body fat

A size 16 with a large frame will look different to a size 16 with a small frame

Having a dress size for a upper limit is stupid
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cas1977 wrote: »
    Just have seen the photo.............

Well I suppose he must be fairly well off now............;-);-);-)
    pianoforte wrote: »
    i wonder what attracted her to the millionaire Johnny Vegas [/ahern]

This is his ex-wife, Kitty Donnelly.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/10/11/article-1076637-02ED635700000578-228_468x490.jpg

So i'd say it isn't just about the money - he must be doing something right :)
  • Options
    idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    pork.pie wrote: »
    This has to be one of the worst threads I've seen, and as such... this is the end of my contribution.

Thank goodness, a pork pie is the last thing some people need. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This is his ex-wife, Kitty Donnelly.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/10/11/article-1076637-02ED635700000578-228_468x490.jpg

So i'd say it isn't just about the money - he must be doing something right :)
    I stand corrected :)

Johnny Vegas - Premium slice of masculine beefcake.......and not a lump of lard as I've previously thought....:cool:
  • Options
    PinSarlaPinSarla Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, as they are a result of an unhealthy lifestyle. I would want someone who was reasonably fit or had at least sarted on the path to a healthy and active lifestyle.
  • Options
    BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Semierotic wrote: »
    Voluptuous - yes. Fat - probably not. Of course, the line between the two varies wildly per beholder.

This.

I don't find slim blokes attractive at all - I prefer guys that are carrying a bit of timber and are paunchy. One persons overweight is another persons grossly fat.

And, just to throw the cat amongst the pigeons... I find men can get away with being overweight a lot more than women can before they are called fat.
  • Options
    .Lauren..Lauren. Posts: 7,864
    Forum Member
    From when I first met them - no. I don't tend to find fat guys attractive, not do I find really skinny guys attractive. Healthy weight or a little bit over is generally what I'm attracted to.

Obviously if I was in a relationship with a guy of a 'normal' weight who then put it on, that would be different. However if they were starting to get really overweight or obese, I'd feel like I would want to say something for the sake of their own health. If I love them, I want them to be healthy and be around for as long as possible. I would want them to do the same for me. Obviously in an encouraging and supportive manner.
  • Options
    Jim_McIntoshJim_McIntosh Posts: 5,866
    Forum Member
    Only if I got to nickname them 'Sniper's Dream'.
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    If I liked the personality of the person, looks wouldn't matter to me.

I'm a fatty. My late husband was tall, slim, fit and very good looking - thank goodness for me that he saw past my exterior.

It pleases me endlessly that my very handsome 15 year old nephew finds bigger - even fat - girls, attractive.
  • Options
    Betty SwollaxBetty Swollax Posts: 599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tim59 wrote: »

Its what on the inside that counts. Have you never heard the saying ( never judge a book by its cover)

Only to a certain extent. let's face it, just because a fat person has a nice personality doesn't count for anything if you're not into fat people when it comes to forming physical relationships or dating.

Of course, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and some people just like big fat people whereas others, like me, don't. I certainly don't dislike fat people and I have no problems being friends with them but I certainly couldn't date a fatty.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ber wrote: »

And, just to throw the cat amongst the pigeons... I find men can get away with being overweight a lot more than women can before they are called fat.

Of course they can as usually they are taller so can be a heavier weight
  • Options
    gold2040gold2040 Posts: 3,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tim59 wrote: »
    Its what on the inside that counts. Have you never heard the saying ( never judge a book by its cover)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oa7Ttik1Gw4
  • Options
    muzungumuzungu Posts: 343
    Forum Member
    i think this rather raises the question about what dating is all about.

Maybe we are all a bit nazi when it comes to choosing a partner :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    muzungu wrote: »
    i think this rather raises the question about what dating is all about.

Maybe we are all a bit nazi when it comes to choosing a partner :(

Why the sad face, is it not good we are all different?
  • Options
    muzungumuzungu Posts: 343
    Forum Member
    Why the sad face, is it not good we are all different?

Because we dismiss people before we get to know them and select them on their bodytype.