Options

Bedford

goonernataliegoonernatalie Posts: 4,179
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Im going to Bedford durring the week,
I need to get from Bedford railway station to the shopping area in The High st,,though I was advise on walking route my son got it up on google earth and it seems to have some of the route that I was told it seems to have no pavement or to cross over via traffic lights
Does anyone live in Bedford please can you tell me safest walking route that idiot proof to walk
thanking you

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    Do you want the high street or do you want the main shopping area of Bedford as i wouldnt say the main shops are on the high street!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I need to get to Debenhams thanks
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can plan a walking route on Google Maps.

Get the postcode of the places you are going from and to.

When you go on maps.google.co.uk, click Get Directions on the left, enter the post codes and choose the travel method in the drop down list.

33158805.jpg
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks but when I was looking at that it did say that it may not have sidewalks
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ok. When you come out of the train station turn right. Then cross at the zebra crossing and keep walking right. At the end of the road turn left (Midland Road). Keep walking straight, past the roundabout until you reach the end of the road. At the end of the road cross over straight ahead (head towards new look!) keep walking straight along past the shops (bhs, boots, river island, next) then at the end of the row of shops is debenhams!

Does that help at all? If you want i could try and mark out the route online and send you a link!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    random66 has pretty much summed it up! :)

i live in bedford too :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i wouldnt recommend the route google maps gives as you have to walk through an area which i personally wouldnt walk through on my own!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You are super so much appriciated so its just down midland rd and keep walking silly question now isthere traffic lights to cross over midland rd to where I cross over
    Bit nervy at times as I have been run over
    If you got time it be great if you can send link to me as also my sense of direcection is not the very best
    If I walk slowly how long will it take much appriciated for your help
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I will put on a map where there are traffic lights. You will only encounter one lot, they are quite busy but you wont find yourself crossing alone and you get a very good view of all traffic!

walking slowly i would give yourself about 20/30 mins!

ill make up a map for you and send you a link :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You are super
    weight of my mind now
    I appriciated it alot thank you ever so much
  • Options
    Forum Member
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You are very kind ,its so much appriciated thank you very much
  • Options
    Forum Member
    your welcome, hope you enjoy your time in Bedford :)