Cheryl Cole: the Nations Sweetheart - HOW?!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nico wrote: »
    well we had diana the 'people's princess'

only because she was seen as attractive compared to the inbred germans she was associated with, she was a cheap knicker dropper, who was vastly over-rated, just like Mrs Cole

I find that deeply offensive.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    really?

I thought it was a given Diana was a slutty fruit loop and people only cut her some slack because she was considered attractive, especially compared to the inbred muts she was associated with.

plus with her sticking her fingers down her throat, it confirmed her victim status, and to think it was the working class that fell for this claptrap

offensive and distasteful
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    really?

I thought it was a given Diana was a slutty fruit loop and people only cut her some slack because she was considered attractive, especially compared to the inbred muts she was associated with.

plus with her sticking her fingers down her throat, it confirmed her victim status, and to think it was the working class that fell for this claptrap

Haha - agree with you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    lucy mane wrote: »
    In the UK FHM

Cheryl is as pretty as Megan. They both have gorgeous faces.
    Body wise it is not even close.
    Would you rather have Megan's figure or Cheryl's?
    http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/04/28/article-1174362-04B1F2AF000005DC-671_468x852.jpg

I would quite happily turn lesbian for 1 night with Megan Fox. IMO I think she is one of the most attractive woman on the planet.

Cheryl is "the nations sweetheart" because her husband cheated on her..and she "stood by him" I honestly think she did that to get people to change their opinions. and guess what? clearly it worked.

And now her husband has done it again, how very convenient that is coincided with her launch in the USA..."poor little cheryl" - No...not really.
  • Arsene wengerArsene wenger Posts: 4,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well this story will start getting old if it isn't already.. when/if those papers get signed, and Ashley has sunk back to the back pages, Cheryl has really got to justify why she has that tag.
  • Cherry7UpCherry7Up Posts: 730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't understand how she wasn't kicked out of Girls Aloud with all the bad press when she was found guilty of assault.It's not as if the group wouldn't have survived without her - she's regarded as the groups weakest vocalist (apart from kimberley maybe ?)

Just as Nicola and Kimberley had been replacements for the two that left (Hazel Kaneswaren and Nicola somethingorother),there were plenty of girls from 'Popstars The Rivals' who could've taken Cheryl's place if she'd been kicked out (or they could've just carried on as a four piece).

When a soapstar gets into trouble with the law,they're written out of the soap - and if they're found guilty,they're axed. I think that's how it was for 'Daz' from Emmerdale,for example.Why wasn't it like that for Cheryl ?

That lady toilet attendant must feel awful to see how Cheryl is worshipped nowadays.
    Forum Member
    She must be a total bitch at home...why else would ashley shag far less attractive girls?

Maybe becuase they are nicer people.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would quite happily turn lesbian for 1 night with Megan Fox. IMO I think she is one of the most attractive woman on the planet.

Cheryl is "the nations sweetheart" because her husband cheated on her..and she "stood by him" I honestly think she did that to get people to change their opinions. and guess what? clearly it worked.

And now her husband has done it again, how very convenient that is coincided with her launch in the USA..."poor little cheryl" - No...not really.

Have you seen every woman on the planet :confused: or do you mean in the celeb world?

They say what goes around comes around, so I guess it did.

But no, she doesn't come across as a 'sweetheart' at all, quite the opposite in fact
  • kutoxkutox Posts: 16,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How exactly did this average-voiced former chav - most famous in the first year or two of her career for punching a toilet attendant and being accused of making racist remarks - end up becoming The Nations Sweetheart??

When GA started, it always Nadine that took centre stage.

What happened?!

I overheard a conversation at work last week - a young girl & guy discussing Cheryl Cole - the young guy (aged about 18 or so) saying that Cheryl Cole was "by far the most beautiful woman in the UK, probably ever"

Is it only me who finds this a bit of a shock?!

I mean, she's by no means ugly - but is she really THAT beautiful?!

Completely agree. It depresses me when someone who is simply a pretty face is so revered and seen as such an important major celebrity. I don't even think she's that good looking. I'm a straight 21-year-old male and I don't go crazy at the sight of her and never have done.

And please - someone tell me something, anything, that she's so brilliant at! I just can't see any discernible talent there. I love Girls Aloud and all of their music (I own all their albums), but that's not really down to them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is pretty, but her looks are enhanced by caps on her teeth, hair extensions etc - and airbrushing. If you look at photos of her from 3,4,5 years ago sure she's still very pretty but not the 'enhanced' version we see before us today.

I don't understand the Nation's Sweetheart tag - she's not exactly Vera Lynn is she? (unless Vera biffed up someone in a bog years ago and we just haven't heard about it...:D ) she has minimal vocal talent, but is a great dancer - but that alone doesn't qualify the status she gets...;)
  • Arsene wengerArsene wenger Posts: 4,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always thought that Cheryl wore the trousers kind of.. when she 1st hooked up with Ashley, there was all this talk of them being the new Posh&Becks and she came across as rather selfish and there was a change.. She said that she was a big influence in the club change and that there were too many foreign players at Arsenal and more english at Chelsea.

Don't get me wrong I think Cheryl is a nice enough girl, but I think that more unpleasantries about her have been glossed over. Even Ashley's ex who had previously said that Cheryl threatened to beat her if she found him (ash) again, is questioning what she heard and blaming it on the accent.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tfan26 wrote: »
    no they'vebeen using that phrase for a long time i remember Victoria Beckham and Katie Price being called The Nations Sweetheart before

I don't remember pish ever being called the Nation's Sweetheart. She was never liked enough for that. The first I've heard of this Nation's Sweetheart business is Cheryl Cole and that is, imo, ridiculous.
    well we had diana the 'people's princess'

only because she was seen as attractive compared to the inbred germans she was associated with, she was a cheap knicker dropper, who was vastly over-rated, just like Mrs Cole

Diana WAS very attractive in my eyes, beautiful in fact.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bridi£ wrote: »
    offensive and distasteful

Very, talking about a dead woman like that.
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,930
    Forum Member
    I think people are underestimating her in a very arrogant way! Any person who manages to keep in the public eye for a long time and, more so, increase their profile to the level she has done must have something within them that appeals to the public at large. It's not all manufactured image and marketing. You can't just pluck any pretty girl off the street and make her 'the nation's sweetheart.'

Personally I think on the X Factor she comes across as warm, empathetic and enthusiastic. Great girl!! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mandark wrote: »
    I think people are underestimating her in a very arrogant way! Any person who manages to keep in the public eye for a long time and, more so, increase their profile to the level she has done must have something within them that appeals to the public at large. It's not all manufactured image and marketing. You can't just pluck any pretty girl off the street and make her 'the nation's sweetheart.'

Personally I think on the X Factor she comes across and warm, empathetic and enthusiastic. Great girl!! :)

I agree and I hope that whatever aggression inside her lead her to smack that toilet attendant all those years ago has now gone.
  • bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is a nice looking girl, but is looking more and more like her mum. Again it beats me how she has become the Nations sweetheart. Can't see it myself though.
    Forum Member
    Very, talking about a dead woman like that.

Hitlers dead, does that mean we have to be nice about him?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,822
    Forum Member
    The media calls her that- don't know why, but I like her :)
  • alsmamaalsmama Posts: 4,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who coined the phrase "nation's sweetheart" anyway? Simon Cowell wasn't it?

Read posts 12, 16 and 25 of this thread :)
  • maureensmaureens Posts: 13,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She only got that thanks to her husband shagging other people.

Yes!! remember all the "poor down trodden Cheryl" news reports the first time around after he had been caught hence the xfactor job after, the public sympathy , the upset, downcast face comeing through the airport to the cameras, hence the "nations sweetheart" after, why????? oddly enough she is trying to break America, and after the last time it worked for her over here, is that why she is running around La with the same "upset" look again , me cynical?? never!!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nations Sweetheart is a term which probably started with Vera Lynn when she was called the Forces Sweetheart - if you dont know who she is look her up.

Good looking does not keep a man - first of all Ashley Cole should never have been married - some people just shouldnt. And good looks do not keep a person interested - its about personalities, affection, spending time together and mutual respect. If we only married for looks, the human race would have died out by now.
  • Rogana JoshRogana Josh Posts: 41,348
    Forum Member
    Anybody who goes around doing that much damage to a much bigger woman is clearly a nasty piece of work!!!!

Why would money and fame have changed her? If anything, its probably made her worse - she can just afford to hide it now

Cheryl is tiny and if this woman was a big as you say she is,then Cheryl would have to be prepared to take a beating from this massive big woman and she was probably only protecting herself in self-defence :)
    Forum Member
    This is what she did

battered

Black Eye
  • Rogana JoshRogana Josh Posts: 41,348
    Forum Member
    This is what she did

Yes I've read that article amongst others, but I thought you were going to show me a picture of a battered and bruised massive woman :confused: which would be very unpleasant and very difficult to believe a tiny person could do this.
    Forum Member
    read the edit.