Options

Geri Haliwell to have her music incorporated into every episode of new Glee-like show

kenny12kenny12 Posts: 1,310
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Geri Halliwell to have her music incorporated into every episode of new Glee-like show

SO the rumour mill says that GERI HALLIWELL is doing a boring little reality show for Sky Living. Well I hear the show is actually far from dull.

If you’re not a Gezza fan, then cover your ears because she’s going to incorporate her music into every episode in a “Glee-style performance”.

My source tells me: “Geri didn’t want to just make a reality show and be followed around everywhere. It’s going to be far more than that, with dancers and her singing as part of the format. Obviously it’ll be mimed and choreographed.

“And the reality show will be loosely scripted like TOWIE. It’s not just another Katie Price-style show.”

Dean Piper @ mirror.co.uk

Pineapple Dance Studios meets Glee meets 'Geri' by Molly Dineen.

Comments

• Options
    Whoopie DooWhoopie Doo Posts: 828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    God how desperate and sad is she! her 15 minutes were up ages ago.
  • Options
    rasborasbo Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't see why not, theres plenty of other people doing this sort of thing, Steps and TOWIE for one, and shes simply adding her own twist to it. If people don't like it they are not forced to watch. I for one am a big Geri fan shes had fantastic songs. Scream if you want to go faster, Riding it, Mi chico latino, look at me, lift me up etc. If she wasn't associated with Girl power and a certain 90's girl band she would be up there with Celine Dion, Maria Carey and Whitney.
  • Options
    simmersimmer Posts: 953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This should be interesting. I wonder how it will turn out in reality. Hope the show does well for her.
  • Options
    WhisperingGhostWhisperingGhost Posts: 4,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rasbo wrote: »
    Don't see why not, theres plenty of other people doing this sort of thing, Steps and TOWIE for one, and shes simply adding her own twist to it. If people don't like it they are not forced to watch. I for one am a big Geri fan shes had fantastic songs. Scream if you want to go faster, Riding it, Mi chico latino, look at me, lift me up etc. If she wasn't associated with Girl power and a certain 90's girl band she would be up there with Celine Dion, Maria Carey and Whitney.

Oh for god's sake, stop trolling!! And if you're beign serious get real! If she wasn't associated with Girl Power and a certain 90's girl band then we wouldn't know of her existence and to even use her name in the same sentence as these artists is a joke, so I'm going to take it as such! ;):rolleyes:

I love Geri and have followed her career since the SG's began and I really hope this new album is successful for her. She was the SG's for me and her solo albums have some of my fave songs on them (Mi Chico, Look At Me, Ride It, Calling, Love Is The Only Light etc). I'm glad she's finally back after a 7 year break and, although I know she's hated on here more than Cheryl Cole is (which is saying a lot :eek::D) I am really looking forward to hearing her new stuff and seeing how this show plays out.

In a world which has changed since easily being able to promote and have a successful single with Saturday morning TV shows, she's making a smart decision using the recent success of Scripted reality TV shows and incorporating her music into it Glee style. Although, whether this move will pay off is yet to be seen (I'm going to guess the show will be successful but the singles/album will tank faster than her last album did, but I hope it doesn't and am just glad that I am going to get more songs from her to listen to, whether successful or not).
  • Options
    Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,172
    Forum Member
    Interesting it sounds like a Geri meets Pineapple Dance Studio meets Glee meets KP/PA/ meets TOWIE ...definetly a disaster or greatness moment.... Respect the risk!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Suddenly bursting into ''Look At Me'' or ''Its Raining Men'' while shopping in Harrods sounds pure cringe to me.

People will laugh at her. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Suddenly bursting into ''Look At Me'' or ''Its Raining Men'' while shopping in Harrods sounds pure cringe to me.

People will laugh at her. :o

They already do so if anything it can only improve what career she has left it wont. It can't really do anything to harm her image as she has become a national joke over the years anyway.
  • Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,110
    Forum Member
    Well, her songs are catchy as hell so why not.

Walking in the street when one of them suddenly comes on your Ipod, it does make you want to break out into a big production number.
  • Options
    gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    you have to wonder why she is bothering to be honest. she did quite well all things considered and maybe she should just draw a line in her music career while she`s still ahead (on the back of her 2nd spice girls stint). initially the music she came out with was perfect for her and it seemed like a continuation of the spice girls pop sound. whereas the band were about to make that ill fated rnb detour.

to be honest she was completely deluded, but in fairness that was part of her appeal. unfortunately, she took herself too seriously and thought she was the uk`s version of madonna. when i reality, she was more like a bargain bin kylie and she soon squandered all the goodwill the uk was prepared to give her. she was overexposed, washed up and quickly exhausted all her options.

the singles in particular were good though and `ride it` really should have been a #1.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You're a DJ, I'm a song, take me out and turn me on

The greatest pop hook I've heard ever.

She would have benefited from being less obviously cheesy, which was the main problem, she has a very limited voice that's soft like Madonna's voice, so using some production like Madonna uses would've been good for her.

A show like this could relaunch her career, as long as she's not "Acting" like she did when she ruined Sex and the city's whole franchise forever.

She had her vocal chords altered and got trained to sing a few years ago, too, which lead to some impressive control on her vocals on Passion, but the songs lacked authenticity.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

She would have benefited from being less obviously cheesy, which was the main problem, she has a very limited voice that's soft like Madonna's voice, so using some production like Madonna uses would've been good for her.

Madonna has a far greater vocal range than Geri and a much nicer tone to her voice. I can't even believe you could compare both unless its to have a sly dig.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s15GTGdUuvM

You think Geri could do that? ^^ she just hasn't got the range or the tone.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Madonna has a far greater vocal range than Geri and a much nicer tone to her voice. I can't even believe you could compare both unless its to have a sly dig.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s15GTGdUuvM

You think Geri could do that? ^^ she just hasn't got the range or the tone.

Calm down, re-adjust your tampon. I meant the breathy/raspy tone that Madonna has alot of the time when she's doing songs that are of the same style that Geri has done. There's an undeniable similarity.

I didn't mention range, nor am I going to watch your "OMGINEEDTOBEDEFENSIVE" clip. Sit back down where you belong ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Calm down, re-adjust your tampon. I meant the breathy/raspy tone that Madonna has alot of the time when she's doing songs that are of the same style that Geri has done. There's an undeniable similarity.

I didn't mention range, nor am I going to watch your "OMGINEEDTOBEDEFENSIVE" clip. Sit back down where you belong ;)

But there voices are nothing alike.

The best comparison is La isla Bonita and Mi Chico Latino. Yet in which way are their vocals similar? the songs might be slightly of the same vain but vocal wise they ain't.

Geri's song lyrical hooks are probably more closer to Lady Gaga's than they are Madonna's.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like a bit of "cringetastic" television every now and then. I shall watch.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    car crash TV. I am predicting a HUGE ratings hit!!

but disastrous music sales.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gpk wrote: »
    you have to wonder why she is bothering to be honest. she did quite well all things considered and maybe she should just draw a line in her music career while she`s still ahead (on the back of her 2nd spice girls stint). initially the music she came out with was perfect for her and it seemed like a continuation of the spice girls pop sound. whereas the band were about to make that ill fated rnb detour.

to be honest she was completely deluded, but in fairness that was part of her appeal. unfortunately, she took herself too seriously and thought she was the uk`s version of madonna. when i reality, she was more like a bargain bin kylie and she soon squandered all the goodwill the uk was prepared to give her. she was overexposed, washed up and quickly exhausted all her options.

the singles in particular were good though and `ride it` really should have been a #1.

As much as I love her, I really have to agree with most of what you have just said. Although, whether the album sells well or not, I still am happy to hear a new Geri album lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As much as I love her, I really have to agree with most of what you have just said. Although, whether the album sells well or not, I still am happy to hear a new Geri album lol

i do like geri to be honest and i was just giving a honest recollection from my prospective. no doubt i will be tuning into this new tv show though.:o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cant wait and i hope she gets all the success she deserves. Her music is well missed all i want from her now is to be a judge X-factor yes please.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    was a MASSIVE Spice Girls fan, and bought all their solo albums so far. but really wouldnt be interested in new Geri music.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cant wait to hear some new geri music :p
  • Options
    rodenboyrodenboy Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd rather her just release a new album on a shoestring budget if i'm being honest. That way her true fans can get new music from her, yet it remains under the radar too everyone else. Think L.A State of Mind or The Sea ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rodenboy wrote: »
    I'd rather her just release a new album on a shoestring budget if i'm being honest. That way her true fans can get new music from her, yet it remains under the radar too everyone else. Think L.A State of Mind or The Sea ;)

it wont be a major release, the last i heard she was planning to release it herself.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it wont be a major release, the last i heard she was planning to release it herself.

This is Geri Halliwell she always give 110% so i think it will be a major release. I just hope its absolutley brilliant and top 10 and i really want Geri to to a 5th no1. Im just grateful aswell shes back in the stuido and recording :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is Geri Halliwell she always give 110% so i think it will be a major release. I just hope its absolutley brilliant and top 10 and i really want Geri to to a 5th no1. Im just grateful aswell shes back in the stuido and recording :)

i meant she is planning to release it independently. i cant see it being a major release or getting decent airplay to be honest. so i think it will be an under the radar low key release.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i meant she is planning to release it independently. i cant see it being a major release or getting decent airplay to be honest. so i think it will be an under the radar low key release.

Oh right, i thought she was with 19 and with her new show coming up, Could be promo. If its a good comeback single it could be a hit. The album im not so sure about. It could be low key but this is Geri she cares about chart postions.