Options

Geri Haliwell to have her music incorporated into every episode of new Glee-like show

Comments

• Options
    SanahSanah Posts: 459
    Forum Member
    Mel B's is an Australian deal only...and Thank God for that!! Geri's being represented by 19 Management....Im looking forward to the car crash Sky Living show!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sanah wrote: »
    True...you're absolutely right..This might flop completely...But she's doing it the Geri way..The single might be good

Theres no denying she nor any of the Spice Girls have a music buying fanbase left..Like I said Im not the deluded type like some others on this music board!

Your are right in a way but single wise she be a hit or a miss who knows. Geri knows what shes doing and sif she fails atleast she knows she did it her own way and had a crack at another chance of having a hit.
  • Options
    gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    True...you're absolutely right..This might flop completely...But she's doing it the Geri way..The single might be good

Theres no denying she nor any of the Spice Girls have a music buying fanbase left..Like I said Im not the deluded type like some others on this music board!

the music may be good, she released some catchy music in the past. have a look at my first post in this thread, i praised the singles especially.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mel B's is an Australian deal only...and Thank God for that!! Geri's being represented by 19 Management....Im looking forward to the car crash Sky Living show!!

She`ll try over aswell i think, and i actually really loved Geri`s documentary- Theres Something About Geri. She`s a drama queen and not afraid to show it so im hoping her new shows the same.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gpk wrote: »
    the music may be good, she released some catchy music in the past. have a look at my first post in this thread, i praised the singles especially.

You did and i hope her new stuff is catchy.
  • Options
    SanahSanah Posts: 459
    Forum Member
    As much as I love "Ride It"...Im suprised it reached the top 5 in 2004 when anything Spice was radioactive
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As much as I love "Ride It"...Im suprised it reached the top 5 in 2004 when anything Spice was radioactive

It was the beat and catchy i think. Plus she did promote it aswell. I always wonder what if she released Love Never Loved Me in Feb 2005 and promoted it, had better management what would Passion hit i the charts hmm :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Also Ride it was heading for No 2 in on the midweek charts.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd rather see Melanie c get the success she deserves geri compared to lady ga ga are you mad and I'm not mad on madonna but you can't compare madonna to geri ewwww geri come back no thanks Melanie C is the hard worker and the voice
  • Options
    ErythroleukosErythroleukos Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    God, I hope theres an elongated shower scene. Geri does things for me :D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ive made my point about Geri so lets just wait and see.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oh dear, it seems the album and tv show are facing set-backs.:o reported by dean piper the daily mirror:

"It seems Geri Halliwell's solo come back isn't going quite as well as she might of hoped. I can't wait to see what the star does with an album to be released along side a "Glee style" constructed reality show. Sky Living were interested initially but this week, the star was spotted going in for meetings with ITV2. So it seems she's struggling to get the tv show and album off the ground. I'm told Geri has yet to find a deal with a major label after months of trying and has turned down an offer from Universal to release the album as a digital format only. Geri is now looking at ways to see if she can get the album off the ground and into shops her own way. Sources close to the star tell me she definitely has one killer dance anthem that would catapult her back into the charts, but nobody will take a risk on right now. "The industry has changed alot since Geri was last in the charts and non of the labels are rushing to snap her album up". Says my mole. "Geri's old school and didn't see the positive side of having a digital only release. She funded the majority of the album herself and doesn't want to just give it away". Her plan is that the tv show will create a buzz, and then the album will fly. Sky Living have gone off the boil. Geri's team want to be realistic. Well, good luck to her."
  • Options
    CloudbusterCloudbuster Posts: 688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Go Geri!

I adore Circle Round The Moon....rushes off to play it once more
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oh dear, it seems the album and tv show are facing set-backs.:o reported by dean piper the daily mirror:

"It seems Geri Halliwell's solo come back isn't going quite as well as she might of hoped. I can't wait to see what the star does with an album to be released along side a "Glee style" constructed reality show. Sky Living were interested initially but this week, the star was spotted going in for meetings with ITV2. So it seems she's struggling to get the tv show and album off the ground. I'm told Geri has yet to find a deal with a major label after months of trying and has turned down an offer from Universal to release the album as a digital format only. Geri is now looking at ways to see if she can get the album off the ground and into shops her own way. Sources close to the star tell me she definitely has one killer dance anthem that would catapult her back into the charts, but nobody will take a risk on right now. "The industry has changed alot since Geri was last in the charts and non of the labels are rushing to snap her album up". Says my mole. "Geri's old school and didn't see the positive side of having a digital only release. She funded the majority of the album herself and doesn't want to just give it away". Her plan is that the tv show will create a buzz, and then the album will fly. Sky Living have gone off the boil. Geri's team want to be realistic. Well, good luck to her."

Well i dont believe everything i read. And i dont for a second believe that she is having the time of her life and being offered deal after deal no im just going to be realistic and wait for the official announcement.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    That's sad - it seems months ago that she said the announcement would be imminent. I wish Geri was on twitter and even updated her website, it would be nice to actually hear something from her. It seems like she's seen the success of Steps' comeback and thought it might get her to the top of the album chart - I don't care about a show, just the music.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    andymc35 wrote: »
    That's sad - it seems months ago that she said the announcement would be imminent. I wish Geri was on twitter and even updated her website, it would be nice to actually hear something from her. It seems like she's seen the success of Steps' comeback and thought it might get her to the top of the album chart - I don't care about a show, just the music.

It is annoying the wait and lack of updates from her website she could do something with the website. Maybe this time round aswell shes making absolutely sure before we have that annoucement as Passion went wrong a bit not just the release the making off etc. I hope we hear something soon i cant wait :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well i dont believe everything i read. And i dont for a second believe that she is having the time of her life and being offered deal after deal no im just going to be realistic and wait for the official announcement.

hey, don't shot the messenger, i was only going on what has been reported.:o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mel C and geri were and are my faves :D

so well into this! :D i love some Ms Halliwell!! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hey, don't shot the messenger, i was only going on what has been reported.:o

No i ment i dont believe everything i read some do some dont i didnt mean you. Thats why i said i in the reply.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mel C and geri were and are my faves :D

so well into this! :D i love some Ms Halliwell!! :D

Totally agree with you although i do love all the girls solo music. Geri comes first for me and then Melanie C love their music. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Geri and Melanie B are being considered for a replacement for Kelly Rowland and a few others. Seeing as Melanie B is doing XF down under and she did move all her family there. I would love Geri to do it anyone else agree? :)
  • Options
    Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Geri, and loved her songs back in the day, but isn't there a bit of an elephant in the room? She hasn't had a significant hit in the best part of a decade, and even before that, she didn't have that many... Looking over her discography, I think you could say she only really had 8 hit singles, and most of them are already long forgotten. Can you really base a series around forgotten late 90's music?

I wish her well though, like I said, I love Geri! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Geri and Melanie B are being considered for a replacement for Kelly Rowland and a few others. Seeing as Melanie B is doing XF down under and she did move all her family there. I would love Geri to do it anyone else agree? :)

i cant see that being true. the last time she did that show she was not popular with the audience in attendance and they made a fool of her when they edited her on that episode. she must have been furious about that and i cant see her wanting to do it again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i cant see that being true. the last time she did that show she was not popular with the audience in attendance and they made a fool of her when they edited her on that episode. she must have been furious about that and i cant see her wanting to do it again.

For a while i thought that but when she did the Xtra Factor she seemd ok and it was a bit of a nerve them editing her like that but im sure Geri knows a good business deal when she hear it so if they do approache her i hope she does it. I think given the chance she could be brilliant and shes very driven and i hope this is part of the comeback she deserves. Also ive been all over social media today and quite surprising alot of peope want Geri aswell some negative but alot of support out there so come on XF snap her up!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kyle123 wrote: »
    I like Geri, and loved her songs back in the day, but isn't there a bit of an elephant in the room? She hasn't had a significant hit in the best part of a decade, and even before that, she didn't have that many... Looking over her discography, I think you could say she only really had 8 hit singles, and most of them are already long forgotten. Can you really base a series around forgotten late 90's music?

I wish her well though, like I said, I love Geri! :)

I see point but shes not released many singles all minus 1 hit the top 10 and 4 were no 1! But as i say i see point. I think Geri would be brilliant given the chance and she does know the business. Also this could be the start of a comeback for her i love her too!