Wireless won't stay connected?

Hiya everyone.

I switched my service provider from Talk talk to Tesco, I went live yesterday and it's all working fine on my PC but it has caused problems with my wireless to my laptop. I thought I'd ask in here to see if anyone has any ideas (I am fairly useless with this sort of thing :o)

I was trying all day yesterday, and my laptop (which is a Dell) was going round in circles with trying to connect to the wireless.

Sometimes it appeared to be connected, but the status said 'authenticating' and a message told me I have limited or no connectivity. If I asked it to repair a warning message came up that either said cannot obtain IP address (or something to that affect?) or cannot connect to wireless.

Today I have gone through the whole process again (entering network key) and it is connecting sometimes (for about 2-3 minutes at most) before it losses connection again? It keeps on reconnecting and losing it again.

An advice at all would be great, I've been searching the internet for hours trying to find a solution,

Thanks for reading :)

Comments