Little Mix Discussion Thread - singles & upcoming debut album (Part 5)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,671
    Forum Member
    Capital playing HYD right now! and Radio1 will play it next as well I believe. It sounds better than the album version from the first chorus I heard!

Missy's rap! It actually fits the song really well! And they've changed the words of the chorus a little bit.

Edit:
    Listening again on Radio1, sounds like Jade's got a solo verse now (where Jesy's first verse is, and the words are different). On second listen I can now say it really sounds better than the album version even though I'm not really into raps. They've changed the chorus and pre-chorus quite a lot and it sounds GREAT on radio! It should be a hit!
  • davem1234davem1234 Posts: 5,451
    Forum Member
    radio 1 said the songs out 5 may
  • davem1234davem1234 Posts: 5,451
    Forum Member
    capital had jade and perrie and radio 1 jesy and Leigh Anne
  • RayforeverRayforever Posts: 9,846
    Forum Member
    Kiss FM played it too and interview Jade and Perrie theyalso said the girls where doing a gig with them but i didn't quiet catch it the only one i can find is Kiss beach its 29th and 30th in Great Yarmouth so it will be one of them dates http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/packages/kiss_beach.html
    Forum Member
    davem1234 wrote: »
    radio 1 said the songs out 5 may

Oh really? I just missed it when they said it then (I turned the radio off after the song straight away :p). May is better I guess as 14 April is only in 3 weeks it would've been a bit too rushed.

http://lmixrs.tumblr.com/post/46408667767
    Yay it's on tumblr now!
  • shaunnashinesshaunnashines Posts: 5,698
    Forum Member
    Love the new version! The reworked chorus is cool too, Missy's rap fits perfectly.
    This could actually be a hit for them!
  • 19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just heard it on radio 1!! :D IT SOUNDS SO AMAZING!!! I <3 IT :D
    Forum Member
    Audio if some one uploaded on tumblr
    http://lmixrs.tumblr.com/post/46408667767
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    Me encanta xD that was great I wasnt really expecting much changes in the song, but there is A LOT of changes.
    Forum Member
    nooneoo wrote: »
    Edit:
    Listening again on Radio1, sounds like Jade's got a solo verse now (where Jesy's first verse is, and the words are different). On second listen I can now say it really sounds better than the album version even though I'm not really into raps. They've changed the chorus and pre-chorus quite a lot and it sounds GREAT on radio! It should be a hit!

I don't know what I was thinking. Actually the pre-chorus is not changed, they just added a something right after the chorus which sounds like Jade's voice but not really sure.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the subtle changes were enough for this. Even without Missy, I would've been happy.

I think it is nice to hear her though. But, an original song produced by/with Missy would be even better. IMO
  • old mixerold mixer Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Much prefer this version, although rap isn't my favourite listening,:)
    I will wait for the MV before finallly deciding. :p

Will purchase anyway. :D
    Forum Member
    1. The single mix is different enough from the album version not only with Missy's rap but all the reworked bits as well so this should ensure a good peak in the release week.

2. I love how Missy included her and LM's name during her rap! :D
    Forum Member
    I thought Little Mix HYD was written by the girls:confused: but i keep reading this morning LM cover De La Soul i searched it and the Lyrics are almost the same from the " hey how you doing bit" bit anyway
    40 seconds in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mz9706YfcTo
  • PJ RiverPJ River Posts: 1,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think this version of HYD is better than the original one. I would have had more Missy on it but still good.
    Forum Member
    Rayforever wrote: »
    I thought Little Mix HYD was written by the girls:confused: but i keep reading this morning LM cover De La Soul i searched it and the Lyrics are almost the same from the " hey how you doing bit" bit anyway
    40 seconds in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mz9706YfcTo

They wrote the verses with Shaznay Lewis, the chorus was sampled from Ring Ring Ringl. Actually, De La Soul also sampled it from Name and Number by Curiousity Killed the Cat (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj9Onf6EnH0), DLS just made it popular with Ring Ring Ring. And that's why there are like 100 writers credited for this song :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    nooneoo wrote: »
    They wrote the verses with Shaznay Lewis, the chorus was sampled from Ring Ring Ringl. Actually, De La Soul also sampled it from Name and Number by Curiousity Killed the Cat (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj9Onf6EnH0), DLS just made it popular with Ring Ring Ring. And that's why there are like 100 writers credited for this song :rolleyes:

Makes sense now
  • shaunnashinesshaunnashines Posts: 5,698
    Forum Member
    When you cover or sample a song, you have to credit the original artists for legal reasons.
  • 4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
    Forum Member
    Love the new version prefer it so much to the album version and I love Missy's rap on can't wait to see the video.
  • aldualdu Posts: 2,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I quickly listen to this while at work.
    Loving it, loving the extra vocals. That's a flipping hit. I'm just in love with that tune...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davem1234 wrote: »
    they need to do more radio interviews, most they have went to have been eet and greet where the fan will have got the song already

I think it's good that they do these meet and greets, so they can meet fans and if they go back to the city again where they end up doing an actual tour then they know that fans will come..... I think it will take time for Wings to take off ...... 6 months ? :p
  • aldualdu Posts: 2,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makes sense now

If you listened to Curiosity Killed the Cat, the chorus and lyrics are the same.
    DLS only used the sample and reworded it...
    Jaheim also had a successful version of it which I still play...
    Forum Member
    aldu wrote: »
    If you listened to Curiosity Killed the Cat, the chorus and lyrics are the same.
    DLS only used the sample and reworded it...
    Jaheim also had a successful version of it which I still play...

I might sound really thick here :o I didn't know you could basically take the chorus of someone's song and then write around it. I just thought you cover the whole song not just a sample of it :p
  • annushkaannushka Posts: 3,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I might sound really thick here :o I didn't know you could basically take the chorus of someone's song and then write around it. I just thought you cover the whole song not just a sample of it :p

Even if it's a sample because they just used the chorus, it will be considered as a cover by most casual listeners, don't you think?
    But maybe it's a good approach, the covers worked very well for Girls aloud or Westlife.
    Forum Member
    annushka wrote: »
    Even if it's a sample because they just used the chorus, it will be considered as a cover by most casual listeners, don't you think?
    But maybe it's a good approach, the covers worked very well for Girls aloud or Westlife.

Yep but thankfully from what i've read they seem to love
This discussion has been closed.