Options

Could you date a fat person?

SpaceCakeSpaceCake Posts: 297
Forum Member

If you're fat, did it take a long time for you to meet someone? If your partner is fat are you 100% happy?

I'm not talking about being in a relationship with someone who gains weight because of an illness. I'm talking about a person who is fat because they overeat.

I couldn't date a fat person.

Comments

• Options
    tim59tim59 Posts: 47,188
    Forum Member
    Its what on the inside that counts. Have you never heard the saying ( never judge a book by its cover)
  • Options
    kitty86kitty86 Posts: 7,034
    Forum Member
    Been fat since a child, been in relationships since I was 15. Never had a problem attracting male attention and it's not been with "fat" men either.
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tim59 wrote: »
    Its what on the inside that counts. Have you never heard the saying ( never judge a book by its cover)

Of course what's on the inside is more important, although by your comment you're effectively saying that a fat person isn't beautiful on the outside.

In general if you don't find someone physically attractive they are more likely to end up as a friend, rather than a lover. IMO it's best to find a partner that you find beautiful inside and out.
  • Options
    Cissy FairfaxCissy Fairfax Posts: 11,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    7 of the 8 forwards, in the England pack that won the RWC in 03 were clinically obese.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    7 of the 8 forwards, in the England pack that won the RWC in 03 were clinically obese.

Clinically overweight/obese are very different to being fat though.
  • Options
    RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    An acquaintance of mine adores larger ladies, as he puts it "their entire body feels like one big giant boob". I have no idea if that's considered offensive, but he does mean it in a complimentary way.
  • Options
    BrotherDanielBrotherDaniel Posts: 1,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simply NO.
  • Options
    idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    No, I'm a fattist.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SpaceCake wrote: »

If you're fat, did it take a long time for you to meet someone? If your partner is fat are you 100% happy?

I'm not talking about being in a relationship with someone who gains weight because of an illness. I'm talking about a person who is fat because they overeat.

The overreating could be part of an illness.
  • Options
    fleabeefleabee Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No I couldn't feel attracted to a lardy man.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find continual eating a bit of an unattractive trait, fat or not. A couple of women I have worked with eat non stop throughout the day, literally cannot go an hour without a cake, biscuit, crisps etc. There isn't an ounce of fat on either of them, one was very slim.

If it gets to 11:30, lunch is at 12:00, they'll nip off, get their baguette and eat it then. One happily admitted that once they are hungry, they are incapable of waiting any time at all.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I lived with a fat girl for 6 years . The relationship was a nightmare . All she wanted to do was eat :(
  • Options
    ArmiArmi Posts: 3,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dated a fat bird. Huge she was.

I remember when we ended it. We were laying in bed and I said, "I'll never get over you love.... I'll have to get up and go 'round."
  • Options
    PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes <Filler>
  • Options
    Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, I'd prefer not to burn my arse on the lightbulb.
  • Options
    gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SpaceCake wrote: »

how about a fat scouse bird??

what a nightmare that would be for you
  • Options
    BanglaRoadBanglaRoad Posts: 57,596
    Forum Member
    Armi wrote: »
    I dated a fat bird. Huge she was.

I remember when we ended it. We were laying in bed and I said, "I'll never get over you love.... I'll have to get up and go 'round."

Ronnie Barker in Porridge?
  • Options
    JakobjoeJakobjoe Posts: 8,235
    Forum Member
    no. looks are the no 1. important factor imo.
  • Options
    Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Crikey me too. Couldn't think of anything worse.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Agreed!
  • Options
    ArmiArmi Posts: 3,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Agreed!

And me.

Can you imagine it? Awful.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i know my opinion doesn't really count in this sort of 'arena', but i've always felt it's quite rare for a 'fat' bloke to pull a thin woman, despite the protestations that there's 'someone for everyone' and 'it's what's inside that counts'.

i'm not saying it's impossible of course because, like most things, there are exceptions to every rule, but i think in this particular scenario it has to be quite specific with the right people in the right place in the right time, mainly because i think the 'fat' bloke would have to work extra hard to let his personality come across to stand even half a chance.
  • Options
    HajigHajig Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    No. Its not a healthy way to live.
  • Options
    Doctor_WibbleDoctor_Wibble Posts: 26,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely just chop off the head and count the rings...?
  • Options
    kitty86kitty86 Posts: 7,034
    Forum Member
    i know my opinion doesn't really count in this sort of 'arena', but i've always felt it's quite rare for a 'fat' bloke to pull a thin woman, despite the protestations that there's 'someone for everyone' and 'it's what's inside that counts'.

i'm not saying it's impossible of course because, like most things, there are exceptions to every rule, but i think in this particular scenario it has to be quite specific with the right people in the right place in the right time, mainly because i think the 'fat' bloke would have to work extra hard to let his personality come across to stand even half a chance.

It's the same for fat women as well. I remember when I was younger and used to be friend with this absolutely stunning girl (serious Jessica Rabbit body) who would have no problem with pulling guys when we were out. A lot of times once the initial attraction was over there was no conversaton between them and she'd get bored and move on to someone else and sometimes they would end up talking to me and be trying to get my number at the end of the night. I know these guys would probably not have approached me of their own accord due to the way I look (although apparently I'm pretty for a fat girl -actual quote) so it was personality. How many people take the time to find that out though?