Plane etiquette - reclining seats

Comments

• miss_minervoismiss_minervois Posts: 2,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How can you watch youtube on a plane?:p;):D

I flew on an US domestic flight that had wifi. It can be done.
  • kyresakyresa Posts: 16,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I fly next Friday and just saw the seatmap, currently there are empty seats in front of us and if that changes I might move us with empty seats in front of us later next week. No guarantees, might just get an empty seat in front.

The flight leaves at 20 minutes before midnight and we get there about 10 in the morning. Really not looking forward to it as I won't sleep at all

A lot of seats that are sold aren't allocated till check in time I'm afraid. I know with BA Exec Club I could only pick my seat 24 hours before departure.

Admittedly you probably will have better luck on a night flight than a day flight of having empty seats - just depends where you are going and how good the flight price is!!
  • trevalyantrevalyan Posts: 7,705
    Forum Member
    If the seats can recline and I paid for it, why should the person behind me have more right to comfort than me? I can't help who's behind me.

you wouldn't get a minute's peace if you reclined into my face buddy, i would lightly punch the seat at 10 second intervals until you put it back up
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 154
    Forum Member
    you wouldn't get a minute's peace if you reclined into my face buddy, i would lightly punch the seat at 10 second intervals until you put it back up

Personally, you would then get my fist in your face.

The seats are meant to recline. get over it.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need this little beauty - that should put a stop to selfish slobs taking up your space!

Doesn't explain how it works, a plastic thing to put on your tray?:confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    555 wrote: »
    People can recline their seat fully back at any time they please, apart from when food is served. Recline yours back to compensate, and suck it up!

"Do unto others as they have done unto you." - It's how to make the world a better place. :rolleyes:
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    trevalyan wrote: »

What I do is that thing we used to on the school bus to annoy the person in front - slip your bum a bit forward in the seat, put your knees wedged into the back of the seat in front, makes it very uncomfortable for them
    Forum Member
    Moradin wrote: »
    Personally, you would then get my fist in your face.

The seats are meant to recline. get over it.

5 second intervals for you
  • hobbeshobbes Posts: 6,149
    Forum Member
    Wish I have the nerve to punch the back of the chair. I just do that Brit thing of sighing, tutting a few times and rolling my eyes around.
  • Moany LizaMoany Liza Posts: 22,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, I hope i don't encounter any of you lot on a flight. :o

Some of you sound as if you need anger management classes.:confused:
  • Moany LizaMoany Liza Posts: 22,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Invisible post
    Forum Member
    Moany Liza wrote: »
    Wow, I hope i don't encounter any of you lot on a flight. :o

Some of you sound as if you need anger management classes.:confused:

Just don't recline selfishly then!:)
  • wandering-starwandering-star Posts: 3,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont understand what all the fuss is about as the seats are made to recline.
    During long flights I alternate between having my seat reclined to sitting up straight to having a bit of a walk around the plane as I get cramp and feel uncomfortable and find it useful to change the position of my seat so I'm not stuck in one position for too long.

FluffyEgg wrote: »
    What I do is that thing we used to on the school bus to annoy the person in front - slip your bum a bit forward in the seat, put your knees wedged into the back of the seat in front, makes it very uncomfortable for them

This does not bother me at all , it feels like a mini massage on my back :)
    Forum Member
    I dont understand what all the fuss is about as the seats are made to recline

when you're 6'+ like me, and not having a particularly wonderful time anyway, for some selfish tosspot to take liberties and throw his seat back so you have to sit with it under your chin is enough to give you air rage.

i try and keep under control however and just resort to the punches

punch..........................punch..........................punch..........................punch..........................
  • epicurianepicurian Posts: 19,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    5 second intervals for you

You go right ahead. I like it when people kick the back of my seat. Feels like a massage.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I doesn't bother me in the least as long as long as I'm not trying to eat. The guy in front of me reclines his, and I recline mine-- but then again, I'm small. If I were a taller person already cramped for space, I might feel differently.
    Forum Member
    epicurian wrote: »
    You go right ahead. I like it when people kick the back of my seat. Feels like a massage.

i make it feel exactly like when an annoying kid is messing about behind you
  • IdlecatIdlecat Posts: 4,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    when you're 6'+ like me, and not having a particularly wonderful time anyway, for some selfish tosspot to take liberties and throw his seat back so you have to sit with it under your chin is enough to give you air rage.

punch..........................punch..........................punch..........................punch..........................

My hubby is 6"5" with very long thighs, he only just manages to get his legs into the seat and even then they jam into the seat in front. People in front who tray to recline just can't, if they do it hard he screams out in pain.
    He has to buy extra legroom, the crew always moved him in the past but now they sell space they don't do that.
  • PamelaLPamelaL Posts: 67,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I feel your pain, I sit next to a six foot three bloke on flights to Melbourne and back all the time. Drives him nuts too, sitting for hours on end with his knees up 'round his chin. And at £1200 a ticket!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Can't be anymore aggravating than my fifteen month old climbing all over me right now. I am immune.
    Forum Member

and rub chuddie in his hair too :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But maybe they are not being selfish and are just feeling uncomfortable sitting upright?
    I dont think it's fair to expect someone who has paid for their seat same as the next person to worry about how comfortable the person sitting behind them is.
    I paid for my seat and I will worry about my own comfort!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Have you ever tried getting one of those bulkhead seats?
    Forum Member
    But maybe they are not being selfish and are just feeling uncomfortable sitting upright?
    I dont think it's fair to expect someone who has paid for their seat same as the next person to worry about how comfortable the person sitting behind them is.
    I paid for my seat and I will worry about my own comfort!

i paid for my seat and your comfort is impinging on mine, besides, i am courteous so as not to have my big ugly head grinning up at the person behind me either
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i paid for my seat and your comfort is impinging on mine, besides, i am courteous not to have my big ugly head grinning up at the person behind me either

Well sorry if it spoils your comfort but as the airline has provided me with a reclining seat and being reclined is going to make me feel more comfortable then i'm going to recline my seat.

People in front of me recline their seats when i'm eating or whatever but hey they paid for their seat same as I did so it's thier choice.