I would vote OUT.
  • Options
    jackpotjackpotjackpotjackpot Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    Oh not again!
  • Options
    Cloudy2Cloudy2 Posts: 6,864
    Forum Member
    Unless there is significant reforms I would vote to leave.
  • Options
    jesayajesaya Posts: 35,597
    Forum Member
    There's a whole forum on here for politics... conveniently called 'Politics'. I haven't looked but I suspect this subject has popped up on there from time to time.
  • Options
    venusinflaresvenusinflares Posts: 4,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would vote to stay in.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's costing us an insane amount of money just to stay in it. Our financial situation could probably be a whole lot better if we got out.
  • Options
    TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know enough to make an informed decision.
  • Options
    dragonzorddragonzord Posts: 1,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Go with your hart.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 288
    Forum Member
    Out as it's a quick route to having another Independence referendum in Scotland.
  • Options
    MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cloudy2 wrote: »
    Unless there is significant reforms I would vote to leave.

There won't ever be. The EU will never reform.
  • Options
    roger_50roger_50 Posts: 6,929
    Forum Member
    In its current state, out. Without a question. It's a ridiculous, bloated, unmanageable, highly questionable beast with dubious machinations.

If the EU was rebooted from the ground up and restructured in a fundamental way, possibly IN. But I just don't see it ever happening.
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would have to say and have just voted here as Get Out, but I would prefer a third option of complete overhaul. We should go back to what people voted in for , a Union for trade and movement of people , no one voted for what we have today and I have to say I think the only people it works well for are maybe the poorer countries that joined, no offense to them but thats how it appears.

You cannot expect so many different countries to aim towards living under the same laws and way of life, but we could have a happy co-operation that does not cost us millions per day to pay overpaid MEP's to switrch between parliament buildings to keep some people happy , for grants handed out left right and centre for dodgy and non existant schemes and for accounts that could not be sigend off for years, if any company worked like that it would be closed down.

So I say an overhaul would be the preferable option and I am sure many other people in EU countries would be for that as well.
  • Options
    delegate zerodelegate zero Posts: 2,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The opposite way to england

Scotland and england vote differently, there will be another indyref
  • Options
    Pat_SmithPat_Smith Posts: 2,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poll closes in five days, for reasons best known to itself. :D

Unexpectedly strong vote for "out", currently.
  • Options
    FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Same here. I would in the past have instinctively voted yes because all the vocal opposition to the EU seems to come from the hard right nationalist sphere of politics. However, as my political opinions have developed, I glowingly dislike the idea of increasingly centralised power such as we see with the EU or even Westminster and Whitehall. It's such a pity that the quality of debate and information about the issue is so poor.

It's quite interesting to see right-wing Eurosceptics using a lot of the same arguments and sentiment as the Scottish YES campaign when they talk about Europe when they had to counter those very attitudes in opposing Scottish independence.
  • Options
    MesostimMesostim Posts: 52,864
    Forum Member
    dragonzord wrote: »
    Go with your hart.

Oh deer.
  • Options
    dragonzorddragonzord Posts: 1,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mesostim wrote: »
    Oh deer.

wrong with going with your heart ,or doing what's best for you
  • Options
    JerrybobJerrybob Posts: 1,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Out.

Cameron can do absolutely nothing about open borders whilst in the EU, neither will be be able to get a favourable renegotiation on them.
  • Options
    irishfeenirishfeen Posts: 10,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very worried about such a referendum - could be terrible for the continent as a whole.
  • Options
    StykerStyker Posts: 49,867
    Forum Member
    Stay in but either the EU should get a move on with full federalisation or it needs to go back towards the old EC way of doing things.
  • Options
    JAMCJAMC Posts: 226
    Forum Member
    I would vote to leave.

There are four fundamental principles underpinning the EU as it's currently constituted.
    - Freedom of goods
    - Freedom of services
    - Freedom of labour
    - Freedom of capital

I don't have a strong objection to the first two, but I have a massive problem with the last two - and the EU in it's current form will never address the issues I have with these two cornerstones of it's ideology.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    irishfeen wrote: »
    Very worried about such a referendum - could be terrible for the continent as a whole.

As opposed to the current EU policies for the EU which are terrible for the continent as a whole? No job creation. A declining trading block. Excessive regulation. Lack of democracy where members of the EU are not democracies.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FMKK wrote: »
    Same here. I would in the past have instinctively voted yes because all the vocal opposition to the EU seems to come from the hard right nationalist sphere of politics. However, as my political opinions have developed, I glowingly dislike the idea of increasingly centralised power such as we see with the EU or even Westminster and Whitehall. It's such a pity that the quality of debate and information about the issue is so poor.

It's quite interesting to see right-wing Eurosceptics using a lot of the same arguments and sentiment as the Scottish YES campaign when they talk about Europe when they had to counter those very attitudes in opposing Scottish independence.

The EU and Scotland are two completly different things. Not remotely comparable.
  • Options
    delegate zerodelegate zero Posts: 2,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dragonzord wrote: »
    wrong with going with your heart ,or doing what's best for you

look at your original post, then look up "hart" in your dictionary
  • Options
    TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    Stay In