Kylie Minogue Kiss Me Once Tour Thread

StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
Forum Member
Ok, I am going to it on 26th in Manchester (so excited! :D) but it says it starts at 19.30, will there be a support act? It didn't say when I looked online yesterday.

You can discuss anything about the tour on this thread.

Comments

• LMLM Posts: 63,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok, I am going to it on 26th in Manchester (so excited! :D) but it says it starts at 19.30, will there be a support act? It didn't say when I looked online yesterday.

You can discuss anything about the tour on this thread.

I have never known a tour to not feature a support act so more than likely. They are normally not announced until closer to the start of the tour, or kept as surprise.
  • kieranyeah123kieranyeah123 Posts: 1,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The main act (especially in an arena setting) never go on at half 7. It's always around 9pm. The doors open between 6-6:30 so everyone can get in whilst the support acts are on and such and ready for the main act.
  • StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    I have never known a tour to not feature a support act so more than likely. They are normally not announced until closer to the start of the tour, or kept as surprise.

Ok that is interesting. Thanks. :)
  • HystericGlamourHystericGlamour Posts: 371
    Forum Member
    A new song in the shows setlist, Chasing Ghosts.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    If you follow @KissMeOnceTour on twitter, they gave the set list as it happened :)
  • elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was at the show last night. We had an awful DJ as an opening act. He kept looking at his watch, bless. Not many people seemed interested.

Will post more when I get home.
  • Rob1985Rob1985 Posts: 5,194
    Forum Member
    I was at the show last night. We had an awful DJ as an opening act. He kept looking at his watch, bless. Not many people seemed interested.

Will post more when I get home.

What time did Kylie turn up?
  • glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    Disappointing setlist on first look. Aside from the obvious KMO tracks (can't wait to see some of these live) it's just the same old singles she performs on pretty much every tour.

Wow, In My Arms, Slow, Step Back In Time, Kids and even Love at First Sight really should be rested now. She has has plenty more hits deserving of a performance. Nothing from her Decon albums either :(
    Forum Member
    Rob1985 wrote: »

According to this link,
    http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/recap-kylie-minogue-echo-arena-7826625

she came on at 8.30 ish. :)
  • BadRomanceBadRomance Posts: 8,725
    Forum Member
    glyn9799 wrote: »
    Disappointing setlist on first look. Aside from the obvious KMO tracks (can't wait to see some of these live) it's just the same old singles she performs on pretty much every tour.

Wow, In My Arms, Slow, Step Back In Time, Kids and even Love at First Sight really should be rested now. She has has plenty more hits deserving of a performance. Nothing from her Decon albums either :(

I think its an amazing set list and can't wait to see it next week.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 325
    Forum Member
    I'm going tomorrow and cannot wait, only disappointment is no Better the devil you know but I'm sure it'll be an amazing show 😄
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

She came on at around 8:40
  • Mr_EyeMr_Eye Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The setlist is brilliant, she's only performing the decent tracks from Kiss Me Once which is good.
  • MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member
    I think ill wait till her next one as this one does seems smaller which I think she said it would be (and seems to be not as popular)
  • Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,171
    Forum Member
    i am very happy with the setlist....

the pwl moments
    the new fg songs
    the omission of some songs that have been played a lot in her setlist

my only change would be to include
    - feels so good
    - cherry bomb
    - cyrstalise
    - one song from 'impossible princess' album

ps. the new fg songs are really good? Yet again can't believe the album track listing ...
  • Rob1985Rob1985 Posts: 5,194
    Forum Member
    She came on at around 8:40

Thanks! What time did it finish?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks! What time did it finish?

Around 10.30, I think.
  • ritchie2ykritchie2yk Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    Went last night in manchester and I'm in two minds about this tour

On one hand was at the top and the crowd were nearly on their feet most of the night , atmosphere was great and the old songs went down very well, but I would expect this on a Friday evening in Manchester, not sure on how the atmosphere was earlier in the week

Now on the other hand this didn't feel much like a kylie tour to me, whereas the causal fan probably loved I imagine most hardcore kylie fans will be a bit disappointed. This show is very low budget and such a contrast to her previous show, the stage was dull and there was some kind of scaffolding that I thought would hold some reference it didn't, and a couple of props, most of the evening consisted of her just walking round the stage singing there was a lack of choreography, I'm not sure if she sacked that will guy off but if she did she needs to get him back asap!!,
  • glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    ritchie2yk wrote: »

On one hand was at the top and the crowd were nearly on their feet most of the night , atmosphere was great and the old songs went down very well, but I would expect this on a Friday evening in Manchester, not sure on how the atmosphere was earlier in the week

Now on the other hand this didn't feel much like a kylie tour to me, whereas the causal fan probably loved I imagine most hardcore kylie fans will be a bit disappointed. This show is very low budget and such a contrast to her previous show, the stage was dull and there was some kind of scaffolding that I thought would hold some reference it didn't, and a couple of props, most of the evening consisted of her just walking round the stage singing there was a lack of choreography, I'm not sure if she sacked that will guy off but if she did she needs to get him back asap!!,

I have read that a lot of the songs are just performed as their original versions, which is a shame. One of the best things about Kylies shows are her brilliant new arrangements.

The low budget aspect doesn't really bother me too much though. Sometimes less is more.
    Forum Member
    I went yesterday, and had a great time! :D

I thought the lighting was too much however and some of the performances were raunchy but I loved it! :D

8.2/10
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 189
    Forum Member

I was their too last night and loved it was front row gold circle. Best tour I think and will is on board his name in back of tour program
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What time is Kylie beginning at the iTunes Festival tonight?
  • ritchie2ykritchie2yk Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    I was their too last night and loved it was front row gold circle. Best tour I think and will is on board his name in back of tour program

I'm gold circle in Birmingham can't wait to get down on the floor always a better experience
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    I'm gold circle in Birmingham can't wait to get down on the floor always a better experience

U'll love it, its amazing
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went to Manchester last night and absolutely loved it!! I was sat in the lower tier but had the best seats of the 4 times i've been to see her

I liked the setlist (and nearly died when she did Never Too Late :D) with Timebomb and Skirt (albeit during a costume change) being pleasant surprises

Although no new arrangements of songs (except maybe Step Back In Time?) the version of Spinning Around she's using at the minute is my favourite, perhaps even more than the original. I love she's still using the version of Slow that breaks down into the remix, mainly because i got to scream the 'down, down, down, DOWN!!' bit incredibly loud :D

Possibly a controversial opinion but the cover of Need You Tonight was one of my favourite bits