iTunes shuffle never works

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,087
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi everyone,

My problem is that I can never get my iTunes to shuffle. I've tried turning it on and off, re-starting iTunes, re-starting my laptop...and then I ran outta ideas. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks...

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,560
    Forum Member
    Hi everyone,

My problem is that I can never get my iTunes to shuffle. I've tried turning it on and off, re-starting iTunes, re-starting my laptop...and then I ran outta ideas. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks...

Hmmm, it is working perfectly fine for me, and has been for the past few months.

Double check your settings, I use:

Control > Shuffle (check marked)
    Control > Repeat All (check marked)

Other than that I have nothing else check marked, (apart from View > List View).

You might also want to check if you are running a current version.

If all else fails, do itunes have a help page on their site?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What do you have your songs sorted by in the playlist or library that you're viewing? If it's sorted by the first column then it will look like it's playing in order because it happens to be listed in the same order as the shuffle.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,087
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SoapyJo - I have those things checked, and it still doesn't work, but I've went to the iTunes help site and posted this same thread there, so I'm gonna check that again in a minute...

moisie - it doesn't matter whow they are being sorted/viewed because they aren't shuffling full stop, whatever order they're in! If I play a song, it wont play another one after unless I double click on another one to play...that is the problem :confused::mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it playing the one and stopping or playing the same one again and again?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is set in the 'Shuffle' settings?

('Edit' > 'Preferences' I think?)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    leeroybrownfors - there are no 'Shuffle' settings :confused: well I can't see them anyway, when I go to Preferences...

moisie - its playing the song and then stopping. It never continues to another song, I have to click on one each time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,560
    Forum Member
    The only other thing I can think of is that you don't have the songs checkmarked to show itunes that you want to play that particular song whenever you hit play (whether on shuffle or not).

Take a look at this, notice I have circled two songs in red, at the bottom, they are unchecked, which shows they are not played when I hit play on shuffle or normal. If I did want to listen to them, I would have to manually double click on the song, or checkmark them to add them to be played.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    leeroybrownfors - there are no 'Shuffle' settings :confused: well I can't see them anyway, when I go to Preferences...

There are, but never mind.

Describe the process by which you start 'shuffling'.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SoapyJo wrote: »
    The only other thing I can think of is that you don't have the songs checkmarked to show itunes that you want to play that particular song whenever you hit play (whether on shuffle or not).

Take a look at this, notice I have circled two songs in red, at the bottom, they are unchecked, which shows they are not played when I hit play on shuffle or normal. If I did want to listen to them, I would have to manually double click on the song, or checkmark them to add them to be played.

SoapyJo... you've got it!!! YAAAAAAAAAAS! Omg, I'm such a dope! I didn't even know what the purpose of the checks were LOL :o forgive me for my ignorance...

Thank you, thank you, thank you! :D