Options

Series May Be Cancelled?

2»

Comments

• Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anybody know the weather forecast down there for the immediate future?
    And how far in advance can they forecast the weather?
  • Options
    henderohendero Posts: 11,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only the Brits could invent a TV show, base it in Australia, and still have it rained out.
  • Options
    blueabublueabu Posts: 1,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why dont they just sleep in the bus? Always puzzles me why they sit out in the rain instead of inside the bus.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member

Typically a 5 day forecast is as far out as you can reliably go.
    The bbc weather site or met office web site will be able to forecast for the major centres around the world.

Try the Austrailian version of the met office
    www.bom.gov.au/
  • Options
    fitnessqueenfitnessqueen Posts: 5,185
    Forum Member
    hendero wrote: »
    Only the Brits could invent a TV show, base it in Australia, and still have it rained out.

Lol- maybe next time they could try the Sahara Desert!
  • Options
    blueabublueabu Posts: 1,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is that why they have the buses there? For a bit of extra shelter?
    That's what I want to know! Don't sit in the rain - Use the BUS!!
  • Options
    D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

According to Wiki, the closest location to camp is Murwillumbah, New South Wales, Australia.

http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/94582.html - Weather looks good for next few days.
  • Options
    Rogana JoshRogana Josh Posts: 41,348
    Forum Member
    Could'nt care less if its' cancelled its ruined anyway as there's no live show, so its impossible to make your own judgement on who you will eventually want to leave camp.
  • Options
    FulhamRoadswFulhamRoadsw Posts: 657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bring on the rain!!yeah...this years line up is like a div 2 reserves team.
  • Options
    hellsTinkerbellhellsTinkerbell Posts: 9,871
    Forum Member
    Weather seems to be going doo lally everywhere...especially when it comes to rain.
    Maybe poor old Mother Nature is trying to wash all the rubbish we've thrown at her away.
    Ooerr i sound all hippy....but you never know i might be right.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Weather seems to be going doo lally everywhere...especially when it comes to rain.
    Maybe poor old Mother Nature is trying to wash all the rubbish we've thrown at her away.
    Ooerr i sound all hippy....but you never know i might be right.
    Just wait until the seas start to boil - then we're up s*it creek without a paddle :D I've given up caring. We're just a little planet in a very, very vast universe.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MrsBeezly wrote: »
    Just wait until the seas start to boil - then we're up s*it creek without a paddle :D I've given up caring. We're just a little planet in a very, very vast universe.

For the record...i dont think we evolved from the apes and i think theres other similar lifeforms to us.
    Now whether they equate plastic breasticles with good looks and celebrity..ness we have yet to find out.
    Methinks they probably dont.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    For the record...i dont think we evolved from the apes and i think theres other similar lifeforms to us.
    Now whether they equate plastic breasticles with good looks and celebrity..ness we have yet to find out.
    Methinks they probably dont.

:D:D:D

Long necks and big.......... br......ains I've heard ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MrsBeezly wrote: »
    :D:D:D

Long necks and big.......... br......ains I've heard ;)

Dont tell me!!!! naomi Campbell is going in.
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    satellite wrote: »
    That famous weatherman Peter Andre was on This Morning today saying it's the rainy season there at the moment, but for most of the year round the weather is beautiful, can't understand why they scheduled it for now really instead of earlier on in the year.

I think ITV have to fit around other countries filming their own versions. I'm sure America use the same camp as the British...and I think Germany do too. I guess other countries may as well, and after each show the camp/s and bush tucker clearing have to be sorted for the next programme.
    D.M.N. wrote: »
    It's been in November for the past few years IIRC.

ITV would have had to go for a start date several weeks earlier - they have no control over weather.

EDIT: http://celebrity.itv.com/DailyNews/day-6/soggy-celebs-retreat/

"Yes, the sun may have been shining down on Ant and Dec last night, but the night before the Live Trial was a very different story."

So... why's it only being reported now??

Hmmm, ratings?

Got to congratulate the PR people though. Surely they're the only people who can get the Brits to tune in to see rain? :D
  • Options
    revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If ITV cancel this because of the elements I demand to see the celebs eat vile insects and bget covered in crap and slime in the cheapest B&B in Oz.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently a fake jungle set inside an indoor TV studio is being built just incase.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aww it would be a shame if it was cancelled - it's one of the few reality shows I like, along with the X Factor.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cant imagine them cancelling an expensive show like this. They'll have the celebs swimming in puddles before they'll cancel this cash cow.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,428
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes its being reported in the Daily Mirror 2 http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv-entertainment/imacelebrity/latest-news/2008/11/21/i-m-a-celebrity-may-be-forced-to-end-if-torrential-rain-continues-115875-20912653/

it goes on to say, trials executive Chris Lore has said
    They held crisis meetings as the camp was abandoned yesterday - with celebs forced to take cover in the Bush Telegraph.
    With more electrical storms, strong winds, hailstones and flash flooding forecast,so plans are being made for all possible outcomes."