Options

Leona Lewis Doesn't deserve to be dropped

Comments

• Options
    JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    As I said before all she needs is one great song to get her back on top, provided she receives airplay.
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    you must be joking, they're all brilliant rock singers. I can't help feeling people who go on about technically spot on singers are the same people who think a painting is better when it looks most like a photograph.

Singing is an expression, you don't have to stay inside the lines to be good at it, you just have to be able to connect with people

I think that's an excellent analogy.:)

I suppose it's also a bit like film where some people get annoyed by films that aren't 'realistic' enough and think that the more you perfectly replicate the physical world the more realistic you make it.
    When actually how 'real' something is has probably more to do with truth and how it makes you feel, not how perfect it is at replicating the aesthetic look of the physical world.

You could construct a technically perfect visual realisation of 'reality', but that doesn't necessarily make it 'real'.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 316
    Forum Member
    Bought Glassheart just before Christmas, first real listening now, I didn't realise how good the titular song is, it's awesome, and even though it might be somewhat generic in all the EDM around, it has something special to it. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 128
    Forum Member
    Just completed a blog on why I think Leona is doing so poorly ...

www.jcjmusic.wordpress.com

:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JCJ94 wrote: »

this is sad, so sad, you I mean :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    rickyjune wrote: »
    this is sad, so sad, you I mean :D
    Are interested in music at all? You are just gossiping, and that's all you seem to be interested in. This is the music forum, maybe you are better of with the reality show or show biz forum.
  • Options
    Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    JCJ94 wrote: »

Poor music and promotion play a big part. but also Leona really does annoy me that she's happy to fly half way across the world to China to perform a couple of songs but won't do (and never has done) any of the UK summer festivals. She'd probably struggle to get one one now but go back 3 years and the organisers would have loved her as a name. It's quite amusing that when she signed up to the Hackney Weekend thing Radio 1 were happy to use her name now they keep repeating the best of Hackney on the BBC and I haven't seen her once!!!

You only have to look how Pixie Lott flogged her track to death last year doing the summer gigs to make sure she got a No1 over Leona.

I get the feeling she's just going to milk the one off gigs whilst she can and make as much money out of it as she can and to be honest I don't blame her.

But running off to America for large parts of your time just alienates you from your fanbase.

But I never thought I'd see her flog less than 600 records for a single, it's just gone so badly wrong for her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are interested in music at all? You are just gossiping, and that's all you seem to be interested in. This is the music forum, maybe you are better of with the reality show or show biz forum.

you dont know me so dont judge me
    Poor music and promotion play a big part. but also Leona really does annoy me that she's happy to fly half way across the world to China to perform a couple of songs but won't do (and never has done) any of the UK summer festivals. She'd probably struggle to get one one now but go back 3 years and the organisers would have loved her as a name. It's quite amusing that when she signed up to the Hackney Weekend thing Radio 1 were happy to use her name now they keep repeating the best of Hackney on the BBC and I haven't seen her once!!!

You only have to look how Pixie Lott flogged her track to death last year doing the summer gigs to make sure she got a No1 over Leona.

I get the feeling she's just going to milk the one off gigs whilst she can and make as much money out of it as she can and to be honest I don't blame her.

But running off to America for large parts of your time just alienates you from your fanbase.

But I never thought I'd see her flog less than 600 records for a single, it's just gone so badly wrong for her.

she has done a lot of these "sing for your supper" gigs recently, im surprised but maybe she needs the money.

but yes playing the festivals would make her more accessible more 'now' and keep her relevant while she does an album.

but has usually while her UK music career crash and her burn, she's off to america and her management have gone silent, like nothing has happen.

a music vid/song like cheryl and alex did as a gift to her fans would have been a good response. but no we get the silence like its still all good. denial or dont care you choose :cool:
  • Options
    cashloot147cashloot147 Posts: 609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Leona should leave Syco, they have no idea how to manage her. She should be one of the world's biggest acts with her voice but the single choices are awful. If I was managing her:

'Glassheart' would have been the lead single to make people sit up and take notice of the new sound (for her), then

'Unlove Me' to bridge the 'new' Leona and the 'old' Leona and remind people just how good her voice is.

'Come Alive' to appeal to those who might not have bought the album but it would garner more interest.

I would then have ended the era as the other tracks would not sell the album to anyone else who wouldn't already have bought it and would not chart highly enough to make it worth a release.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But if you are not a good singer your music is automatically crap and should not be in the charts. If you can't sing but write you should work as a songwriter. If you can't sing and write like Olly Murs you don't have a right to exist in the music business. Can you imagine a succesful footballer who can't play football?

Olly Murs is credited on alomst every song on all three of his albums. Two number 1 albums, two platinum albums (think ICYDK is or nearly is double platinum)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she has done a lot of these "sing for your supper" gigs recently, im surprised but maybe she needs the money.

Surprised? I would be more surprised if she was turning them down.

She makes in a night what people on here work a whole year for in most of these gigs. We can all say flop this flop that but she's the one winning if you ask me. Not sure about everyone else but I would love to be flown all over the world and earn 5 figures in a single night. It's common sense.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    you dont know me so dont judge me

Your comments speak for yourself, you should think about it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Olly Murs is credited on alomst every song on all three of his albums.

Olly Murs never wrote a piece of music, he just wrote some words for songs, that's all and has nothing to do with writing music. Olly Murs can't write songs because he doesn't know anything about music and plays no instrument. Sony was so nice to give him credit for every two words in a song text he wrote, and his fans now think he can write songs, how naive!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your comments speak for yourself, you should think about it.

thought about it, YOUR WRONG
    Olly Murs never wrote a piece of music, he just wrote some words for songs, that's all and has nothing to do with writing music. Olly Murs can't write songs because he doesn't know anything about music and plays no instrument. Sony was so nice to give him credit for every two words in a song text he wrote, and his fans now think he can write songs, how naive!

and you know this for a FACT, proof pls:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    Three words: Shake You Up
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Olly plays the guitar. I don't think you should keep commenting on an artist you have very little knowledge of.
  • Options
    ashtray88ashtray88 Posts: 1,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leona should leave Syco, they have no idea how to manage her. She should be one of the world's biggest acts with her voice but the single choices are awful. If I was managing her:

'Glassheart' would have been the lead single to make people sit up and take notice of the new sound (for her), then

'Unlove Me' to bridge the 'new' Leona and the 'old' Leona and remind people just how good her voice is.

'Come Alive' to appeal to those who might not have bought the album but it would garner more interest.

I would then have ended the era as the other tracks would not sell the album to anyone else who wouldn't already have bought it and would not chart highly enough to make it worth a release.

That would be so good. Although in additional to that I would at least try releasing "Shake You Up." If she released it around summer time I think she could be on to a real sleeper hit there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Olly plays the guitar. I don't think you should keep commenting on an artist you have very little knowledge of.

Olly Murs can hold a guitar, so can I. Oh dear, young reality TV fans can be fooled so easily these days.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    thought about it, YOUR WRONG

and you know this for a FACT, proof pls:D
    You should try reading the booklet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ashtray88 wrote: »
    That would be so good. Although in additional to that I would at least try releasing "Shake You Up." If she released it around summer time I think she could be on to a real sleeper hit there.

I like 'Shake You Up' but as an album track.

The problem with Leona is that she is not the kind of person to court publicity, which, incidentally, I love about her. Therefore she needs her music to grab the people's attention. She needs to be more like Britney, not afraid to work with some unknown producers who can give her material that is a bit different to make people talk. She has the vocal talent to take risks and does not have the personality to play it safe.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Olly Murs can hold a guitar, so can I. Oh dear, young reality TV fans can be fooled so easily these days.

Thanks for calling me young, that doesn't happen very often!! :D

Anyway, you don't think he is talented, I do think he is talented. And he's sold over 2 million albums in the UK alone so he's releasing music people like. Good luck to him I say!
  • Options
    misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Why is every post of yours on this topic so bitter?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is every post of yours on this topic so bitter?

because people like a "no talented, monotone singer [in his opinion]" rather than her amazing, singer AND songwriter LeLe :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks for calling me young, that doesn't happen very often!! :D

Anyway, you don't think he is talented, I do think he is talented. And he's sold over 2 million albums in the UK alone so he's releasing music people like. Good luck to him I say!

You can say the same about Crazy Frog.

By the way, I thought this was the music forum, we are discussing music here, there are other forums for reality shows and gossipping.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can say the same about Crazy Frog.

By the way, I thought this was the music forum, we are discussing music here, there are other forums for reality shows and gossipping.

if olly murs is a reality star, so is Leona :p