NOW TV - Day Pass Price Structure

Peachy KeenPeachy Keen Posts: 2,577
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I feel that the £9.99p is steep for a day viewing of Sky Sports so l came up with my own price structure which is as follows:-

Weekdays: £4.99p

Saturday or Sunday: £7.99p

Both Saturday and Sunday: £9.99p

I'm sure my price structure would entice more customers to use the day pass?

Any comments?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    To be honest, I wish they would charge on viewing by your favourite team.

I think NowTV as a platform could do that. I would sign up for it then. Other than that, I just don't think it is worth it unless it is a big game.
  • promo-onlypromo-only Posts: 3,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Craig_PS4 wrote: »
    To be honest, I wish they would charge on viewing by your favourite team.

I think NowTV as a platform could do that. I would sign up for it then. Other than that, I just don't think it is worth it unless it is a big game.

As a platform, it could do that.

Fact is they can't do it because they're not allowed. Premier League don't allow any teams to be treated individually. Same rule applies when it comes to individual PPV games (like during the Prem Plus days) - the current set-up doesn't offer any games for PPV purchase and will remain that way until at least 2016.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    promo-only wrote: »
    As a platform, it could do that.

Fact is they can't do it because they're not allowed. Premier League don't allow any teams to be treated individually. Same rule applies when it comes to individual PPV games (like during the Prem Plus days) - the current set-up doesn't offer any games for PPV purchase and will remain that way until at least 2016.

Yeah, I would figure that would be the case. It would be pretty nice though if that was not the case..
  • IanPIanP Posts: 3,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel that the £9.99p is steep for a day viewing of Sky Sports so l came up with my own price structure which is as follows:-

Any comments?
    Once you buy a day pass it doesn't start until you choose to use it, then it lasts a full 24 hours. Your scheme would be much more complex to implement. People are likely to buy the passes for specific events like their team playing regardless of the day of the week rather than casually to watch a day or weekend of general sport. It's basically a back door premium PPV service.
  • derek500derek500 Posts: 24,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Any comments?

The more attractive they make it, the more likely people would cancel their on going Sky Sports subscriptions and regularly use Now TV.

Now TV is for one off/impulse viewing of premium sport.
  • JEFF62JEFF62 Posts: 5,102
    Forum Member
    I heard an advert on the radio yesterday for the Now TV day pass. It made it sound like the bargain of the century! Only £9.99 for 24 hours of Sky Sports! I am currently paying £1 per month for Sky Sports so to me this seemed even more extortionate!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JEFF62 wrote: »
    I heard an advert on the radio yesterday for the Now TV day pass. It made it sound like the bargain of the century! Only £9.99 for 24 hours of Sky Sports! I am currently paying £1 per month for Sky Sports so to me this seemed even more extortionate!

The price point is designed to capture occasional special event viewers and impulse purchases, along with making a Sky Sports monthly subscription appear good value.

For a non Sky subscriber to get a Premier League match at home, without a subscription for a tenner is possibly cheaper than going to the pub, especially if a mate or two chips in.

Anyway, it's working. Up to end of June, 50,000 have used the day pass service.
  • Colin_LondonColin_London Posts: 12,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    derek500 wrote: »
    The price point is designed to capture occasional special event viewers and impulse purchases, along with making a Sky Sports monthly subscription appear good value.

For a non Sky subscriber to get a Premier League match at home, without a subscription for a tenner is possibly cheaper than going to the pub, especially if a mate or two chips in.

What, 50,000 since day passes started? That's nothing to write home about....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What, 50,000 since day passes started? That's nothing to write home about....

Launched in the Spring (not sure what date), figures up to end of June.

Not bad for a couple of months or so of a brand new service (with not many Premier League matches in that time)..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 248
    Forum Member
    Launched in the Spring (not sure what date), figures up to end of June.

Not bad for a couple of months or so of a brand new service (with not many Premier League matches in that time)..

How many we're really funded with real cash though?

I have so far received 6 free passes due to issues with the service!!

Given the number I ave seen offered for free with online offers I'd love to know how much real revenue has been generated so far.
  • denial_orstupiddenial_orstupid Posts: 665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

i can assure you most people at home are not paying a penny for their premier league football .
    so paying £10 for one day of sky sports doesn't look anything like good value .
  • Peachy KeenPeachy Keen Posts: 2,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    £10 for a weekday pass. How many hours will a person see in total, probably 4-5 hours if he or see has to work the next day so l think my £4.99 is fair!
  • victorslotvictorslot Posts: 619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have not been a Sky subscriber for several years and their current pricing structure will not entice me back. However I did use the Pass for the three lions tests and viewed it full screen on a 32" HDTV, it was quite good quality but not HD.

I'm not a footy fan so have no idea how much it costs to get into a game but I would image it is £20 plus, add to that the cost of getting there and for one off games the Pass seems good value.

As stated above, if you share that cost with a mate of two then it becomes less than the cost of a beer, and you can have a few during the game, which I understand you can't do at a live game.
  • varsasvarsas Posts: 1,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FYI GAME are selling passes for £7.99: http://www.game.co.uk/en/sky-sports-now-tv-24-hour-pass-235581