Options

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Comments

• Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    MC_Satan wrote: »
    What is a Groot? Presumably an Ent but where is the name from?

Here's a pic of Groot
  • Options
    MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »

Thanks guys, so an Ent then!

In other DA news, had to restart as couldn't pick up items. Not overly fussed as probably missed stuff first time. If I was further in I would have been rather cross though!
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm actually finding the game a little overwhelming at the moment....there is almost too much freedom, too many side quests, and I'm not sure which ones I should do and in what order.
    I found the other DA games to be more narrative driven which I loved but this game is more like Skyrim in its approach. I think the real danger when you put forward a more open world with lots of freedom to explore at your will, is that the narrative takes a direct hit and suffers from a lack of focus.
    Maybe the narrative starts to come together more the further I progress. I'm still only level 10 at the moment.
  • Options
    Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    As I said apparently when your about 15-20hrs in the game really starts to move forwards. I suppose the first zone, is a grinding zone to get some levels and get used to the UI etc.
  • Options
    starsailorstarsailor Posts: 11,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've gone straight in playing at hard level, (not nightmare, I'm not stupid yet), and theres a good challenge. Lvl 8ish, and clearly most of the hinterlands (there's a few hard areas I've not done (rifts and the such), as they seem to be lvl 12.

I've used the tactical mode a few times now when it's really hard/multiple enemies. It's been very good for positioning, and getting my team out of harms way when there's multiple mobs with crowd control etc.

Gone for a rogue, and starting to feel more badass as it goes on and my gear/skills are getting better.

So going to push on a bit now and come back... it's a great game, and I love bioware stuff anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It reminds me of an up to date Baulders Gate. The freedom to wonder anywhere, and lots of hidden things to find.
  • Options
    BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    10 hours in and absolutely loving this. Huge map, and loads to do, I'm not even close to leaving the Hinterlands yet....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yep I'm at about the same stage, 10 hrs in and lvl 7, still keep getting wiped on the rift by the stables, the one in the water.
  • Options
    Vast_GirthVast_Girth Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member
    Yep I'm at about the same stage, 10 hrs in and lvl 7, still keep getting wiped on the rift by the stables, the one in the water.

I'm about the same point as you. If you look the demons around there are about level 12. Come back later! (i got whooped there too)

It really is a very good game. Combat is a bit of a chore though. (a shame as the first 2 where good) They just need to sort out the tactical mode so its actually viable. Modders are working on it...

http://i.imgur.com/sGpoTNF.jpg

One thing i do think was a major mistake was the separation of tactical and normal modes. Commands and controls should work consistently on both, with the ability to jump in and take over manual control whenever you like.
  • Options
    Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't had a proper look around yet. Have they removed the Tactics section? You used to be able to choose what spells/abilities a character used and whether they fought at range etc.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They haven't removed Tactics but it has been really simpified, like who to prioritise in attacks (player's target, weakest), what % health to take a potion and how many to leave in reserve. Whether ranged or melee attacks are used just depends on the weapons you give them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just got to Skyhold. Love the cutscene of getting there. I am now totally overwhelmed with stuff to do.
    Does anyone know where to find Obsidian to mine for the Dwarven puzzle hox requisition? I know it's somewhere in hinterlands but cannot find any for the life of me!
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MC_Satan wrote: »
    Just got to Skyhold. Love the cutscene of getting there. I am now totally overwhelmed with stuff to do.
    Does anyone know where to find Obsidian to mine for the Dwarven puzzle hox requisition? I know it's somewhere in hinterlands but cannot find any for the life of me!

At what point do you get to Skyhold?

I've put 20 hours in so far, but a lot of that has been spent in the Hinterlands!

Story-wise, I've visited Val Royeaux, and then recruited Sera, Vivienne, and The Iron Bull. Next up is a choice between trying to forge an alliance with the Mages or the Templars.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    At what point do you get to Skyhold?

I've put 20 hours in so far, but a lot of that has been spent in the Hinterlands!

Story-wise, I've visited Val Royeaux, and then recruited Sera, Vivienne, and The Iron Bull. Next up is a choice between trying to forge an alliance with the Mages or the Templars.

After you choose which side to ally with, there is a dungeon to do then a whole bunch of story missions and some boss fights. Then the whole game just gets so much bigger. Not got Blackwall yet? Grey Warden, just South of upper lake camp, next to the lake. Good warrior, I use him instead of Cassandra. You will get an assassin rogue called Cole and a Tevinter mage called Dorian (who has a fantastic Movember look) by the time you get to Skyhold.

ETA: Storm coast is much smaller and only has about 6 side quests. Not been to any other Wilderness area. Currently level 9, 18 hours in. But I have restarted so am more efficient this time round.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cool.

Nah, not got Blackwall yet.

I'm planning on siding with the Mages, which requires going to Redcliffe in the Hinterlands, so was going to pick up Blackwall when I went back there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    Cool.

Nah, not got Blackwall yet.

I'm planning on siding with the Mages, which requires going to Redcliffe in the Hinterlands, so was going to pick up Blackwall when I went back there.

Lots of quests and good shops in Redcliffe. I sided with mages.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    My only major gripe is the bloody awful inventory ui, it's so hard to see what can and cannot be used, and who is wearing what items.
  • Options
    mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    Anyone having issues with this game crashing on PS4?

Everytime i go to do a certain mission the game crashes showing error code (CE-34878-0)

Help :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Would be handy if you told us which mission?, but so far nothing for me, games running well. (x fingers)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mikey86uk wrote: »
    Anyone having issues with this game crashing on PS4?

Everytime i go to do a certain mission the game crashes showing error code (CE-34878-0)

Help :(

Crashed twice but not in the same place and worked next time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I was out doing Xmas shopping this morning and saw this for €47 so I splashed out.

Got some Driveclub stuff to do first but after that I'll be all over this like a rash.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, I hit what I assume is *that* part last night, where people say it really ramps up: Heading off for Skyhold.
    "Hurrah, I have closed the Breach! :cool: Although it seems a little early? :confused: OH MY GOD WHAT THE HELL IT'S AN ARMY OF "RED" TEMPLARS! WHAT THE HELL IS THAT GUY?! OH NO! IT'S THE ELDER GOD!"

That was awesome!
    ...From the fight, through to the inspirational speeches (& song), finding Skyhold, and getting made Inquisitor at last.

The boss battle did piss me off, though. Need more supply crates! It's really annoying not being able to switch out weapons in battle. Out in the open it's OK as you can usually use the tactical camera to find strengths and weaknesses before the fight begins and you get locked out of changing anything, but you couldn't do that in the boss fight as the boss didn't turn up until the 3rd or 4th round. I had to re-load before the whole boss fight even began, then switch out for ice staffs instead of fire. And even then it was quite tough. "Recommended for levels 8-11" and I was level 10 on Normal.

Still, he fell, and then there were more awesome moments afterwards.

I guess it's safe to assume that...
    If you go with the Templars instead of the Mages, it all plays out that same, but with Red Mages turning up instead. And the Templar quest beforehand would presumably reveal the Elder God was controlling them too, like the Magister and Mages.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just finished the prologue. THIS IS AWESOME !!

Any tips for me about anything I should do ??
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    Just finished the prologue. THIS IS AWESOME !!

Any tips for me about anything I should do ??

I second this, just got to the hinderlands
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Enjoy. It gets even more awesome :D