Options

Stars In Their Eyes

Comments

• Options
    FinalAnswer?FinalAnswer? Posts: 1,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    5 songs in an hour show. That's not enough at all for a singing competition.
  • Options
    SurrenderBillSurrenderBill Posts: 19,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well the only sane response to the last hour... utter bum gravy. Brian Belo, Harry Hill, fake Adele with out of control front udders, bread fight, remnants from other HH shows, sketches about as funny as excavating your butt with a spoon... absolute ITV trash, some are bound to love it though, there are people out there who like TOWIE, so this utter brain rot will do them just fine. Some of us knew it was on the cards, but now we know that HH and SITE simply don't mix, it's like mixing cowsplat with kangaroo semen in the hope it will make a delightful pizza topping... and to think that we all thought Saturday night TV was already dead... it somehow got deader!

Edit: agree with the winner though.
  • Options
    pumpkinlattes33pumpkinlattes33 Posts: 8,326
    Forum Member
    This is terrible :(
    I love Stars in their Eyes and Harry Hill's TV Burp, but not together!
    Terrible, terrible, terrible.
    More "comedy" sketches than singing.
  • Options
    Rob1985Rob1985 Posts: 5,194
    Forum Member
    It's absolutly shocking.
  • Options
    oathyoathy Posts: 32,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BadSignal wrote: »
    Jeez This show is the wqrst show i have seen in a while they have totally ruined a good format its just childish now

Can see when people post it needed updating but its like they mutated the format and just isn't working. :(
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, the results bit is the first bit they got right - a bit of light humour of old calculating and Harry making a jibe about a long pause. It needs that kind of approach; not the TV Burp one.
  • Options
    originalboboriginalbob Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    How on earth did this get scheduled for a prime time Saturday evening slot on ITV? needs to be taken off air before another episode is screened, reworked with another host (ant and dec maybe?) and screened mid week. Awful, awful, and, dare I say it, awful!!
  • Options
    EvannahEvannah Posts: 1,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You won't be seeing me next Saturday night, Harry...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "We'll see you all next Saturday night."

I highly doubt it.
  • Options
    Old EndeavourOld Endeavour Posts: 9,852
    Forum Member
    And now ITV ramp up the quality with Take Me Out.

Just shoot me now!
  • Options
    loracanloracan Posts: 914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know why I put myself through that, I've either had a sense-of-humour bypass without realising or I've just sat through the biggest pile of trash. The singers were okay, not fantastic but not bad either - and they were genuine, but the whole 'wacky' act from Harry Hill was appalling televsion.
  • Options
    Sandra BeeSandra Bee Posts: 9,437
    Forum Member
    If you try and forget the original, I quite enjoyed it. :blush:

Light Saturday evening fare.
  • Options
    dewyrosedewyrose Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    This is the worst tv I have ever watched - not only do they not sound like the star the make up & costumes were absolutely dire. Then on top of that rubbish you've go Harry Hill - nuff said!
  • Options
    Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Take Me Out and Stars in their Eyes are two shows I will be missing for the next 12 weeks.

I you want a serious singing contest Leslie Crowther's series is on at 9pm tonight!
  • Options
    vixyvicvixyvic Posts: 13,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    5 songs in an hour show. That's not enough at all for a singing competition.
    I think that's the problem - they've tried to also make it a sub-standard TV Burp - probably won't watch next week.
  • Options
    HailHenrikHailHenrik Posts: 3,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    should have been cancelled before it finished airing
  • Options
    bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm off to watch Queen at the Rainbow 74 to clense my eyes and ears.
  • Options
    KMXKMX Posts: 1,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The production values were terribly cheap too. The series from the 90s even looked better.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jason100 wrote: »
    Take Me Out and Stars in their Eyes are two shows I will be missing for the next 12 weeks.

I you want a serious singing contest Leslie Crowther's series is on at 9pm tonight!

Stars in Their Eyes is only on for five more weeks. Think Saturday Night Takeaway is back after that.
  • Options
    seelleeseellee Posts: 10,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The funny thing is, if Harry Hill was still doing Burp, he'd be slaughtering this!
  • Options
    docmandocman Posts: 5,024
    Forum Member
    Jesus Christ that was shit.
  • Options
    HailHenrikHailHenrik Posts: 3,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KMX wrote: »
    The production values were terribly cheap too. The series from the 90s even looked better.

wouldnt have looked out of place in the 70s or 80s

how long ago was it filmed? surely plenty of people have watched it before today and must have realised how bad it was
  • Options
    vixyvicvixyvic Posts: 13,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    seellee wrote: »
    The funny thing is, if Harry Hill was still doing Burp, he'd be slaughtering this!
    I love irony :D
  • Options
    JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the final isn't live, how do we vote the winner?

Wasn't Matthew Kelly's version also an hour long?:confused: