Options

Cheryl on Royal Variety

fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
Forum Member
:eek::eek:
Someone in her entourage needs to be very honest with her and tell her that she really shouldn't sing live. Especially on the Royal Variety performance, being watched by royalty.
Both my DH and I were slack jawed in horror at her tuneless rendition of that song.

Comments

• Options
    rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was bordering on the painful, and you could she she knew it too as the pain was registered on her face throughout. She was feeling that performance alright and "What the f*ck am I doing" face said it all.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 336
    Forum Member
    Maybe her autotune man servent was snowed in somewhere ?
  • Options
    merlinsmummerlinsmum Posts: 3,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must admit, she was a bit of a non entity on there, especially compared to the voices of the other singers who performed. Imo she certainly didn't 'own' the stage.
  • Options
    SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member
    It was so lifeless and dull. I had just had 4 red bulls and it still sent me to sleep........
  • Options
    colinffcolinff Posts: 245
    Forum Member
    she looked like she knew she can't sing. i felt bad for her actually - by the end she looked in pain. it was like a really poor, wooden x factor audition.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    Well, I thought it was very good, and the vulnerability she showed was very endearing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 139
    Forum Member
    I thought she was miming. Good for her for singing live, if she did
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I thought she was miming. Good for her for singing live, if she did

Well i never caught the program , but if she did sing "live" she does deserve credit for that , whether it was good or bad , there was a time when people knew that a live performance wouldnt sound like the record , but that seems to have gone now :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mrlimbo wrote: »
    Well i never caught the program , but if she did sing "live" she does deserve credit for that , whether it was good or bad , there was a time when people knew that a live performance wouldnt sound like the record , but that seems to have gone now :mad:

believe me, she sang live
  • Options
    colinffcolinff Posts: 245
    Forum Member
    no singer deserves credit for singing - fact.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    when was this on? did i miss it?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,485
    Forum Member
    Oh my god she was terrible

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZICSiE_UF8
  • Options
    Forum Member
    colinff wrote: »
    no singer deserves credit for singing - fact.
    I know what you mean , but we are talking about singing "live" , which unfortunately in this day and age is getting rarer , so i credit any artist that sings "live" :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    diary_room wrote: »

Oh was expecting far worse judging from the comments here , but the autotune was working , she sounded like she does , no more, no less.
  • Options
    Mrs SprattMrs Spratt Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She looks and sounds as if she's lip synching there!
  • Options
    iluvdanniiiluvdannii Posts: 3,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it's a nice song but she is just very average to the point that she doesn't leave you with any kind of emotion after she performs!!!! like I said before if someone like Leona Lewis sang that song it would be stunning!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    I was just relieved that she didn't do her Benny Hill Salute.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mrlimbo wrote: »
    Oh was expecting far worse judging from the comments here , but the autotune was working , she sounded like she does , no more, no less.

Sure sounds like autotune on the end of "where" at 0.23.
  • Options
    johnythefoxjohnythefox Posts: 1,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She sang the beginning live, which was very shakey, then as usual the mic goes up as close to her lips as possible and anyone with any sense of hearing could tell that there was some serious vocal 'enhancements' going on...how on earth does she get away with being so bland??

And just because we dare to criticise her we are being classed as 'haters' ?
  • Options
    edExedEx Posts: 13,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You could really hear the autotune between the notes too. Sounded like Victoria Beckham in places. Not a good performance.
  • Options
    suniilsuniil Posts: 2,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is so stiff, can't move naturally along the lyrics
    Can't sing not more than couple of notes
    So nervous and intense!
    Must be a true joke for the musicians sharing that stage
    Who is singing that big notes on behalf of ms.cole?
    Even nursary children can sing better

But yes, she is beautiful!
  • Options
    molybecksmolybecks Posts: 14,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do agree, it wasn't the best performance but no way near as bad as some of you make out! Although I admit it was a bit...painful. However, I still stand by the fact I prefer her version of 'set the fire to the third bar'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVjQYbX-F7k
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 132
    Forum Member
    Singing/miming not as bad as X Factor or this year's Brit Awards performances but the song completely lacks any sort of emotion or enigma for something which is supposed to be a ballad.
    Compared that to Alexandra Burke - The Silence which is absolutely beautiful and the vocals give me goosebumps every time.

Cheryl is one of these artists who records and releases a song for the hell of it. Was any musical or lyrical effort even put into 'Fight For This Love'? Has to be one of the worst written and produced songs I have ever heard and she sounded like a bored teenager on the verses.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    suniil wrote: »
    So nervous and intense!
    Surely thats "Aiden" not the happy go lucky Cheryl ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought she did excellently, but this forum is known for it's hate towards Cheryl so it's kwl.