The World According To Nancy

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,304
Forum Member
Here's hoping Nancy will treat us to more pearls on life, the universe and dance. This is her from It Takes Two last Wednesday. Towards the end she puts the dance world to rights on shoes.

Zoe - I think an extra huge whoop and a cheer for Nancy and Anton
Anton - Come on
Zoe - Thankyou you gorgeous twosome for joining us. Nancy lovely to have you here
Nancy - Lovely to be here
Zoe - Wardrobe malfunctions Nancy you will learn are-are part and parcel of Strictly.. would you like this removed, burnt we'll have it burnt they are dangerous..
Anton - Do you want to keep it?.. Are you sure that's wise...
Zoe - Are you sure.. so what happened on Saturday Nancy
Nancy - [to Anton] What happened do you remember what happened?
Anton - i don't remember what happened . Saturday, what's that?
Nancy - Well ah the Poa[sic] was not supposed to come with me afterwards it was supposed to stay on the chaze longue [sic] and of course it's a live show that happened
Zoe - It followed you..
Nancy - ..er yes it was between me and Anton in one way
Anton - Already..
Nancy - ..um well already yeah it was unpredictable like life is uhpredictable. Er, that happened. Uh, yeah, disappointing..
Zoe - What can you do. But Anton, when did you realise it was all going a little bit wrong...
Anton - Hahahaha, Thursday before.. i thought this is not going how i'd like..
Nancy - Thursday before? The rehearsal was fantastic
Anton - It was. In rehearsal, it was brilliant. A shame you weren't there for that it was masterful. I think we should talk about that if I'm honest with yer.
Zoe - Well at it takes two as you well know Anton we always have our ears to the ground and this weekend was no exception we had our ears especially close to the ground. This is genius. This is why Anton is such a pro, because when it all started to go wrong he supported Nancy all the way, he got her through the dance. Have a look and a listen to this, this is brilliant

Nancy - what are you doing?
Anton - dancing
Nancy - ah!
Anton - keep going keep going. keep going keep going
Nancy - sorry.. ok
Anton - good. good. it's going well. Ok. We're in. Okay, okay, waa, waay!
Nancy – wooh! It's so good
Anton - hup.[Nancy kicks] uppp!

Anton - isn't that a beauty!
Zoe - I love, that was so so funny we have been crying with laughter it's when you said to Anton what are you doing and he said: Dancing.
Anton - dancing.
Zoe - he was completely your knight in shining armour though wasn't he.
Anton - YES, I think the answer to that question.
Nancy - Yes, of course yes
Anton - Yes
Zoe - Were you disappointed with the scores though, it's the first time Craig's awarded a one for a waltz.
Anton - Not to me if I'm honest. It was disappointing.. ah well to be honest with ya I sort of couldn't have cared less really. I was disappointed we never got a chance to show the dance because the dance really was, was lovely.. Nancy had been dancing it really in rehearsal sweeping across the floor and her musicality was rather good so I was looking forward to doing it. The Boa.. the feather Boa Constrictor sort of messed it up a little bit and once you go off it's difficult to get back on again
Zoe - especially on the first week
Anton - first week.. but ah there you are...
Zoe - ..bless you...
Anton - but I thought she- I thought you did well not to er completely fall apart. I thought you did quite well to pick it up, you got going it looked quite nice , I thought you looked lovely by the way. Lovely
Nancy - Well, yeah,
Anton - Lovely
Nancy - That's important, that's important then make...
Zoe - Len did say, said you - said you had potential Nancy so that's important
Nancy - ..well, that's, we're very encourage...
Anton – A little bit dismissive there she was, but, encouraged..
Nancy - No well, first of all I'm not here to show I'm the best dancer and probably I won't be,
Anton - why not, I think you are
Nancy - ..but definitely it's, it's fantastic, probably was great television, with it
Zoe - It was great telly, we all agree
Nancy - That's, that's for me is what's is more important that it's probably for Anton. Um disappointed because - right - we could have really danced the way we wanted to dance and I loved the choreography the dancing, it was absolutely..
Anton - it was very good
Zoe - It was great choreography
Anton - aaah
Zoe - Shall we... let's leave it behind
Nancy - It was the best when when you showed at the beginning i mean it was really acting..
Anton - ..good luck with this by the way, good luck with trying to stop.. keep going you're doing a marvellous job
Zoe - can i speak, can i speak... Salsa. you've got the Salsa this week. A lot of Latin passions, Nancy she's going to be good at this isn't she Anton?
Anton - Oh she'll be a thing of beauty. Go on girl. Look at that, innit, like a natural. How tight are those trousers?
Zoe - I know, can I point out as well, your shoes, how.. your trousers we're talking about?
Anton - Yes!
Zoe - Nancy how high are your heels there, they're seriously high to be doing Latin.
Nancy - They're not high, what are you talking about.. you should ... definitely .. once I get off Strictly I'm going to design new shoes dancing, because is the only thing is completely unglamorous are the shoes and I were showing today to you that even a little bit higher, especially for Salsa, you immediately are much more glamorous, the posture right, I have no balance with no 'igh heels, so it's impossible to dance with that..
Zoe - I tell you we - I am not alone in saying that we cannot wait for your scorching Salsa at the weekend it's going to be incredible. Heels and all
Anton - I cannot wait. I might pop on some high heels myself.

Comments